PDA

View Full Version : I NEED to swap!!!

blakdeth23
03-10-2011, 11:22 AM
ok my car right now kinda sucks. it rides smooth and shifts smooth blah blah and would be great if i just wanted to drive it around town. the engine only has 164xxx miles on it and the head is clean as can be and it has new piston rings. all ive had to do was the valve cover gasket. the d15b1 is so very slow and the 4spd doesnt help matters. im thinking of either a d16z6 swap or a zc because they are easy swaps and cost is low. i know i need a conversion harness for obd0 to obd1 for the dpfi to mpfi. and i want i 5spd tranny to go with the swap. i just need any other info that would help and estimated cost for this swap.

j0nbunklah0m
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
mostly everything will transfer over from your original motor. Wiring will be the only main issue. Cost would be whatever you pay for the motor/trans/ecu. Best bet is around 300-500 for a complete

iradennis10
03-12-2011, 11:32 AM
a z6 is a pretty easy swap the hardest part would be the obd0 to obd1 but there is tons of info on google also rywire.com makes conversions harness. as far as the to motors i would go with the d16z6. i done a dohc zc swap into a ef hatch and it didn't impress me at all. as far as the price goes you shouldn't have to spend more that 500 for motor trans and ecu, also with the z6 all your mounts and axles will work

iradennis10
03-12-2011, 11:34 AM
also if you are trying to keep the cost down you might think about a mpfi mini me swap. and a si trans