PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze leak and car not running right??

90_ACCORD
03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
SO last night I was driving home from work and going down the highway everything was fine. went about 10 miles and got to my exit. I got off the highway and when i down shifted and went to speed up again the car had hardly any power. It will shake kinda hard now while driving and have a lot less power. When I would get it above 60 the car would act and sound perfectly fine but below that it would shake and be real loud and have less power. I get the car home and in the morning there it antifeeze right underneath the car. I filled the radiator back up and drove it around. Still drove like shit and idles very low. I went around my neighborhood and coming to a stop the car would shut off. Its not overheating tho. Its a 1990 Accord EX 5 speed F22A4.

In short:
- Car leaks antifreeze
- Has lack of power
- Shakes hard
- Sounds very loud
- Not over heating
- Shuts off when coming to a stop
- Idles very low

Any help would be great.

Thanks

UPDATE: SPARK PLUGS FILLED WITH OIL

K24cb7coupe
03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
check you oil to make sure it doesnt look milky, check you plugs and wires.

might need a tune up and to replace a coolant hose.

where is the puddle of coolant under the car. front, rear, pass. side, drivers side???

90_ACCORD
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I checked the oil last night and it was the same color as always. Ill have to check the plugs and wires when I get home.

The puddle was right underneath the engine which makes me a little nervous

SLow_POke
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
as far the coolant leak, pressure test it. do a block test as well.

90_ACCORD
03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Well i checked the spark plugs and the are full of oil.

What should be my next move?

K24cb7coupe
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM

you need to replace the tube seals and might wanna replace those plugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU8qtPzQOY&feature=player_embedded

*EFilliated*
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Start by fixing one problem at a time, change the valve cover gasket and replace plugs, start from there and c what happens

gsrteg
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
if you losing coolant, its probably a loose coolant hose, or busted radiator. Your engine coolant temp gauge should skyrocket if you losing coolant, which is kinda weird that yours isn't. Freakin rent a radiator coolant pressure tester from autozone, and test the coolant pressure. Go buy some zipties, and ziptie all your coolant hoses to and from you engine and radiator. Don't drive you car anymore til you solve the issue, motor will warp if overheating or even worse...keep us updated dude.