PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods First Build, D-Series

trajedy
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm looking to build my JDM D16A.
My plan is to run a jackson racing supercharger, my problem is this is my first build and my first honda, so where do I get parts and what motors are compatible with this one?

I had noticed that the jrsc has different adapters for the different d series motors and im wondering what i would need to do or if there is one that fits real smoothly?

im also at a standstill because im not sure of any reputable parts suppliers nor do i really know which parts to get.. im looking for this to be more of a learning experience while im in school.

Also, im shooting for around 250-300+ hp.

CaTcH22
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM
You probably wont hit 250-300 on a d series with a jrsc. Most of the d's are compatible with each other. Good luck with the build though.

trajedy
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Well damn.. lol im not sure what the d series are capable of number wise without boost, and id rather have a little fun with the d before swapping.

Jdm94Coupe
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
why swap it? turbo it.

trajedy
03-05-2011, 06:42 PM
well, what would the cost be in comparison to the supercharger? i talked to mainstream about build and boost at a target goal of 300+ and on a good turbo kit i was quoted at 7 grand. a little too steep for me being in school, and im more of a have to have now type person.. i figured the sc would be a little easier way to step into the forced induction world on my own.

Jdm94Coupe
03-05-2011, 09:57 PM
well, what would the cost be in comparison to the supercharger? i talked to mainstream about build and boost at a target goal of 300+ and on a good turbo kit i was quoted at 7 grand. a little too steep for me being in school, and im more of a have to have now type person.. i figured the sc would be a little easier way to step into the forced induction world on my own.

im sure that price was with them making you a complete kit and installing it.

you can piece together your own kit and install it on your own and it should be around 1/4th of that price they quoted you

FasTech
03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Then since jrsc are discountinued, they'll be alot harder to find rather than putting together a turbo kit. Besides, if you build them right.. D-series love some big boost.

trajedy
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
You probably wont hit 250-300 on a d series with a jrsc. Most of the d's are compatible with each other. Good luck with the build though.

Well i was looking at Bisimoto cams, and noticed there were 2 to choose from: the y8 and the z6. Would either fit the jdm d16a? i also noticed non-vtec had the d16a6 and i wasnt sure if that may be a sub-series of this motor or not considering it has vtec.

Slomaro Z28
04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Pretty sure the only thing about the cam will be vtec or non vtec. Maybe try piecing an ebay turbo kit together, just buy a quality blow off valve and wastegate.

Theycall_Metue
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Pretty sure the only thing about the cam will be vtec or non vtec.
if you dont know 100% dont say it.
jdm d15b and z6 are just about the samething. jdm d15b has larger cam, i installed jdm d15b cam into my z6 head and it dosnt work. valve will stick open.
there is more than vtec and non vtec. do your homework and dont waste money.
reason why i got away with jdm d series motor is because its hard to find upgraded parts.
cheap power = nitrous

Jdm94Coupe
04-26-2011, 05:17 PM
to end the argument from these 2 guys...... OP you won't need a cam to make 250-300whp. i easily made that w/ stock head, focus on your bottom end.

Theycall_Metue
04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
to end the argument from these 2 guys
:goodjob: i know, just saying that you dont just buy parts and hope it works

Slomaro Z28
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
:goodjob: i know, just saying that you dont just buy parts and hope it works

Thanks for the info, haven't messed around with the d series very much.