PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ls vtec question!

turbob20
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
goin ls vtec with pr3 pistons and arp rod bolts but usually i have always been able to use an obd1 harness but i got this 93 civic cx and it has an obd 2 ls and dizzy with obd2 injectors and a oil pump crank sensor but yet has a p 75 obd1 type ecu which i traded for a p28 that runs it fine minus vtec. my question is what can i do with the ls EVAP solenoid on top of the ls intake cause the 99 si intake doesnt have that on it? ive read to bypass it but want to be sure thanks in advance. also i got an obd1 dizzy with a 99 head how crazy but i can just pin it into the obd2 plug right? the harness is obd2 would i still need the crank angle on the oil pump or in the dizzy? sorry for all the questions just never been in this situation before! its driving me :crazy:! lol.

turbob20
03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
ima bump cause it may be a while before i can get back on! thanks in advance guys!

1civic
03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
goin ls vtec with pr3 pistons and arp rod bolts but usually i have always been able to use an obd1 harness but i got this 93 civic cx and it has an obd 2 ls and dizzy with obd2 injectors and a oil pump crank sensor but yet has a p 75 obd1 type ecu which i traded for a p28 that runs it fine minus vtec. my question is what can i do with the ls EVAP solenoid on top of the ls intake cause the 99 si intake doesnt have that on it? ive read to bypass it but want to be sure thanks in advance. also i got an obd1 dizzy with a 99 head how crazy but i can just pin it into the obd2 plug right? the harness is obd2 would i still need the crank angle on the oil pump or in the dizzy? sorry for all the questions just never been in this situation before! its driving me :crazy:! lol.

Umm, you wrote a lot to take in, what is your question? This is my answer to what I make of your sentence.

1. Remove evap solenoid cause OBD 1 ecu does not look for it..
2. Nothing wrong with OBD2 dizzy's.. It will work on an OBD1 ecu
3. Yes you can re-pin the OBD 1 dizzy, but match every pin.. I think 1 color was different on last one I did..
4. OBD1 ecu will not look for crank trigger on crank pully, so it don't matter unless running an OBD2 ecu..

OBD2 harness from the Integra works in the 92-95 civics also 94-95 Integra's, it's all plug and play.. Just use the OBD1 ecu

turbob20
03-06-2011, 12:01 AM
thanks you nailed it! much app!