PDA

View Full Version : 95 civic gsr swap tranny an exhaust question

pacocrix
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Exhaust- what test pipe do i need gsr or civic i think maybe the gsr is longer an thats what i need....but not for sure
Im tryn to avoid havn to take car to exhaust shop aftr swap...

Tranny- while trans is off i was tryn to inspect an make sure its good, idk really what to look at cuz its all enclosed so i just check for shaft play, there isnt any shaft play but when spin'n back-forth you can hear the gears clag'n sound'n kinda like what you would imagine gears sound'n like, but is this normal or should there not be a sound at all....this was done in neutral an the clutch lookd pretty old...thats about all the info i got an 75k-125k maybe idk internals look clean

Thanks please help

Theycall_Metue
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
from what i understand, the civic one should be the right one, BUT, it'll prob have to get turned a few millimeters so the fling will line up.
as far as the tranny goes, you cant really till if its good nor bad ( grind, pop ) by looking at it unless its obvious ( crack case, etc etc )

pacocrix
03-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Yea thats what i was fig for the tranny

deondre
03-02-2011, 02:42 AM
there isnt any way of telling if the tranny is bad or not.
as far as the exhaust goes, just order a full b-series exhaust off ebay for your chassis. most of them come with test pipes.

blown_ss
03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
get a integra cat it lines up with your exhaust.

Cynical 1
03-02-2011, 07:18 AM
i have an adjustable test pipe for $50. PM if interested.

pacocrix
03-02-2011, 08:14 AM
i have an adjustable test pipe for $50. PM if interested.

Thanks but i hav to get pipe for cat back, so cheaper to buy all together, $50 is a good price tho thanks

civicturbo10
03-03-2011, 12:34 AM
i run GSR converter with modified GSR B pipe. The trans your just going to have run it and see. . I actually have one sitting that is supposedly good, but i honestly don't know until i run it someday.