PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo D-series clutch

SRCRX
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I just got a 97 civic hatch, It came turdo'd already, I've had it about 2 mo. or so,
knowing that is was a mod. used car I knew that some things were going to have
changed/fixed.

So the clutch is starting to die, I'm guessing that I need one that will hold up
to around 300hp.

I plan to re-tune it, after some upgrades, what's why I'm thinking 300

From the dyno sheet it put down right under 200HP, and from info. that came with the car it had a clutch put in last summer, and its already going out, I do not want to tell the brand of the clutch as some might affiliated with them.

Not to be rude but, if you have never had to deal with a problem like this
please do not add your 2 cents!!

loSiRcity
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Competition clutch has never failed me and I've always been pleased with the performance. You'll probably want to run around a stage 3 sprung kit for the type of power your aiming for. You could call them up as well to see what they would recommend for you.

slostang
03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a competition stage 2 in my turbo'd EF and loved it. Stage 2 is plenty for a stock motor with a turbo setup, if you're planning on building it you may wanna look at a stage 3. You dont want TOO much clutch.

SRCRX
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys, Why would I not want to much clutch, you mean
As far as the pedal feel?

FasTech
03-02-2011, 03:36 AM

Exactly, You don't wanna be driving in city traffic all day (especially if you live in Atlanta or other highly populated areas) with a really stiff clutch if its a DD. Unless you have super human legs that never get tired. lol.

SRCRX
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Exactly, You don't wanna be driving in city traffic all day (especially if you live in Atlanta or other highly populated areas) with a really stiff clutch if its a DD. Unless you have super human legs that never get tired. lol.

LoL, anyone else with any input??

loSiRcity
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM

x2
thanks to my stage 4 my left leg gets a great work out during traffic... it doesn't help the fact that its a cable tranny either lol

1NonlyAccord
03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
stay away from SPEC..I have a SPEC stage 3 on my boosted accord and its horrible..so loud and harsh..pedal is very soft.
Im going with the ACT Heavy duty kit in a few weeks..rated for 286ish tq.

slostang
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM

^^ what he said. Plus the stronger the clutch is, the life of the clutch decreases.

SRCRX
03-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Cool, I just don't want to get too weak of a clutch!!

slostang
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
You'll be good with a comp stage 2.

Berta
03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I always mix matched my clutch setups. I used clutchnet 6 puck sprung hub and clutchmasters stage 4 pressure plate. The disk had the grip that i needed and the pressure plate had the foot pedal tension that was ok to even drive thru rush hour traffic. I used this same clutch setup in my dohc setups as well as my turbo'd sohc 400whp/318 torq on 93 oct.