PDA

View Full Version : machining caliber bracket

blown_ss
02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
ok so here is the deal. i have a 95 integra gs. i just bought a set of wheels and when i went to mount them the front caliber (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2904066#) bracket is in the way. most people run wheels spacers but the wheels are already wide and a low offset so i didnt want to use them. what im wondering if i could machine/shave some of the caliber bracket off so that the wheel will fit. the bracket mounts on the spindle and wraps around the rotor. i have searched for hours looking for some info on this but all i can find is the write up on how to do a itr brake swap. someone please help me out on this.

i dont want to hear anything about getting new wheels or anything about running low offset wheels. thank you.

Black4DrEK
02-28-2011, 10:17 PM
So its the spokes the caliper is hitting?

blown_ss
02-28-2011, 11:13 PM
So its the spokes the caliper is hitting?

no the wheel can not be mounted because of the bracket not the caliber. the bracket is too close to the center of the rotor for these wheels to mount.

Cynical 1
03-01-2011, 09:15 AM
a small amount off the ends/edges souldn't hurt... but too much could weaken the bracket and cause it to fail...

are getting wheels that fit not an option (not knocking them)?

blown_ss
03-01-2011, 09:25 AM
the wheels are rota offroad grids with a +20 offset. they fit with spacers i just didnt want to run them since the wheel is already 8" wide.