PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Exhaust question.

FasTech
02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Looking for a deeper sounding muffler. I'm doing a custom axle back. Nothing crazy, but fixing a minor exhaust leak, and figured what the hell. Price... Ehh, not looking to spend crazy bucks. Just a simple DD. But until I can afford the complete cat-back, this will have to do. Any idea's?

Car: Nissan Sentra

Bacon
02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Apexi WS2 universal (http://apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5330)

Find one of these on eBay or something. That should do the job and you'd probably be pleased with just that axle back.

FasTech
02-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Apexi WS2 universal (http://apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5330)

Find one of these on eBay or something. That should do the job and you'd probably be pleased with just that axle back.

Axle back will be fine until Nismo finally decides to hurry up and finish their cat-back system. A good buddy of mine works at Nissan, so I get fairly decent prices on all my nismo stuff. Then next on my list is CAI but I'll have to make a custom unit because I refuse to pay $300 for AEM's system. Its been done before following up on Nissan fourms but the aftermarket support is still a tad slow for these cars.

Bacon
02-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Have MSP build you a cat-back. May come out cheaper.

FasTech
02-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Have MSP build you a cat-back. May come out cheaper.

I'm pretty much set minded on that Nismo cat-back.

Call me crazy, but if I could some how tuck this up tight flush with the rear bumper, I'd possibly buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASPEC-BLASTPIPES-RIGHT-B-TIP-MUFFLER-S13-S14-NISSAN-VIP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2d91f3dfQQitemZ40019 6498399QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Bacon
02-28-2011, 12:23 AM

What year Sentra?

FasTech
02-28-2011, 12:30 AM

What year Sentra?

Its a 2007. I don't wanna have it looking like a Honda. I mean, its a Spec. But a mild lip, tinted tails, and exhaust are gonna be done within the next week or so. So I'm trying to decide what I want to do. I'll be doing everything myself, and I'm not bad at welding. I wish I could find a picture on another car to help explain what I mean.

Basically, after I'm done.. if I went that route, you would only see two pipes sitting about a 1/4 of an inch off the bumper. Up high and very flush. More less a clean stance rather than a huge fart cannon. And the burnt tip would blend in great because the car is black.

Bacon
02-28-2011, 01:13 AM
I say hold off until you get the money for the cat-back. No need in having an axle back made now and then have to recoup that money to get your cat-back.

FasTech
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I say hold off until you get the money for the cat-back. No need in having an axle back made now and then have to recoup that money to get your cat-back.

Hell, I don't know if I could bare to see this horrible stock exhaust for another yr. lol. Its a bunch of yes and no's behind it. I'm sure I'll more than likely do this for the time being. If I don't like it, just as simple to remove and put the stock on back on. I guess we'll see though. Thanks for your input, BTW.

Bacon
02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Spray the tip black or something. :dunno:

FasTech
02-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Spray the tip black or something. :dunno:

These cars are known for their muffler to rust really fast. Sadly, it got mine shortly after I purchased the car. Something about factory not applying rust-resistant coating like most. I dunno, I read up on it somewhere. Anyways, it has a slightly annoying rumble to it from 900rpm to about 1500rpm. I'm very ocd about those nick-picking things. lol. So... regaurdless, it has to go for now. Whether or not I might put it back on if I'm not happy with whatever muffler I decide to use, for now I want it gone. And loud raspy sounding mufflers are NOT an option. I want that deeper sounding tone. Plus, if I did choose the one linked above, I know I'd be the only b16 sentra owner with it. Well, as far as I know. Hell, I might just go with that ws2. After the exhaust, if I can get this guy to come off these staggered wheels, I'll be set for a little while. Atleast till I save up enough to buy my Stillen rear lip and and window gaurds.

Bacon
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Take that WS2 muffler to Mainstream and have them build a 60mm exhaust for it with an inline resonator. Good throaty sound but not too loud.

FasTech
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Take that WS2 muffler to Mainstream and have them build a 60mm exhaust for it with an inline resonator. Good throaty sound but not too loud.

If I could find time to make that 1hr drive. lol. I'll call around, to some shops (including Mainstream), for some pricing but I'll more than likely build it myself. I've done two exhaust so far and too this day still in perfect working order. So I'm confident with my work.

Bacon
03-01-2011, 04:43 AM
If I could find time to make that 1hr drive. lol. I'll call around, to some shops (including Mainstream), for some pricing but I'll more than likely build it myself. I've done two exhaust so far and too this day still in perfect working order. So I'm confident with my work.

:goodjob: