PDA

View Full Version : One thing after another...

FasTech
02-27-2011, 10:13 PM
2007 Sentra.

Problems: Vibration, light clacking sound from right side wheel area.

A.) Ok.. its a weird one to me. I'm not a dummy, cv axle.. got it. Well, I climb up under the car to see not one boot on either side.. ripped, torn, etc etc. Hmmm? NO grease anywhere!! I can turn the wheel all the way to the left and it has a slight click. So I know the passenger side cv axle needs to be replaced. I just find it a little strange. Every other car I've ever seen with bad cv axle's had ripped boots. This one, seems to be in brand new looking condition from the outside. It will also pull to the right sometimes while traveling in mild speed. (55-60ish mph).

B.) In reverse with the wheels straight as an arrow, it makes the simliar clicking noise from the right side as if I'm making a sharp left-hand turn. Puzzles me because I haven't heard of this unless the cv boots were shot to shit and literally about to fall out from up under the car.

C.) Wheel bearings. I keep getting this, and I've had them go out on me before. But the sounds from the car are none the same as what I've heard in the past. No low rumble/roar only clicking and a clacking metal sound. All from right side.

D.) For the vibration, I've already checked all the basic stuff. Tie rods seem to be good, along with all the other one's. So you can rule that one out.

E.) Just got new tires about 2 weeks ago. Got an alignment. So you can rule that one out also. (Also checked for tire seperation.. and seems to be good. Along with checking wheel weights.)

Question: Basically, I am replacing the axle anyways. My question is there anything I could possibly be missing? I've dumped soo much money in this car within the month replacing basic things, aftermarket stuff, etc etc... yada yada. So this has to be fixed ASAP because its about to drive me insane!!

FasTech
02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Well, no response... I guess I covered everything. Dealer price is $573 for right side axle. BWAHAHAHA!!! I bought one for $135 with the help of my good friend at Nissan.

murderrsiren
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Holy shit, $573? Thats insane. Though, I called Nissan to get a window strip for my vert and they wanted $216 for a window strip to go on a q/p window. Glad you got it fixed!