PDA

View Full Version : Varsity March 3rd (Warning)

Nemesis
02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
So who all is going be there? Today the cop JITB and I were talking to at the SouthrnFresh meet was talking about a shit ton of booting and checking VIN+engine blocks of the cars there this Thursday and only about 20 spots are going to be open. :no: If I was you all I would just stay home.

csmiths
02-27-2011, 07:00 PM
He's full of shit. I'd like too see all that go down when 200 bikers pull in and they don't do shit about it

h23bb2
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
lol same shit every year. lol

.blank cd
02-27-2011, 07:12 PM
"VIN checking" is illegal without due process, and they cant boot you if you park at the varsity, buy something, and keep the receipt. Its scare tactics to keep people from going there. Not that it matters to me anyway. I hardly ever go to the Varsity meets

Nemesis
02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
"VIN checking" is illegal without due process, and they cant boot you if you park at the varsity, buy something, and keep the receipt. Its scare tactics to keep people from going there. Not that it matters to me anyway. I hardly ever go to the Varsity meets

Thats what I said too, but he said due to the way that property lines work there downtown, if they believe that a vehicle has "stolen" parts then there is just cause to check the VIN and plates for any existing warrants or arrests.

Who knows man, damn police always trying to keep us from having a good time!

.blank cd
02-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Thats what I said too, but he said due to the way that property lines work there downtown, if they believe that a vehicle has "stolen" parts then there is just cause to check the VIN and plates for any existing warrants or arrests.

Who knows man, damn police always trying to keep us from having a good time!Yeah they tend to do that alot. Usually have nothing better to do.

Just remember, they have to have probable cause AND a search warrant to search your vehicle, and no they cant impound it in the meantime unless they charge you with a crime. I've made woodstock police bring out the K9 units on two different occasions because they stopped me with a tail light out and tried to search my car

Echonova
02-27-2011, 09:54 PM
When I was at the V today I had a Mossberg riot shotgun and multiple pistols in the trunk...

Not sure how many bodies I got on those guns (lost track, silly me), but perhaps I'll leave them at home next time.

Bacon
02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
If you ain't got nothing stolen on your car or driving something stolen, then you ain't got nothing to worry about.

roxie911
02-27-2011, 10:48 PM
George...I always have a hard time believing your posts about staying home for the V meets.

How many false threads have you made?? lol

iamdallas
02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Imma go... I was looking forward to it.

http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/Fuck-the-police.jpg

FasTech
02-27-2011, 10:58 PM
I'll still be there.

big mac
02-27-2011, 11:25 PM
all these varsity cancelled threads are getting old every once in a while they pop up ill be up there to eat and tape the recipt in my windshield lol

Skorcher
02-28-2011, 07:33 AM
I'll be there, with a sign saying "Please check my VIN and block".

Nemesis
02-28-2011, 07:58 AM
all these varsity cancelled threads are getting old

Who said it was cancelled man? Im just trying to keep an eye out for all my Honda brothers with swaps.

RL...
02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
ill come out!

HKDPrincess
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I'll be there! Dumb question, but does everyone know when things get started. In the past, I've showed up a little later, so I was just wondering...

Firefightin_tC
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
If you want a decet spot around 5-6ish.

And BTW...the black guy with the tC will be there.

Kamikaze
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM

How'd you know? :ninja:

Firefightin_tC
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
How'd you know? :ninja:

Because I lub joo.

Sneezin
02-28-2011, 12:52 PM
mmmMMmm,, i wish i could eat some varsity

gforce71
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
damn! guess I can't pop my hood and show off my freshly "acquired" Type-R swap... LULZ.

Faust
02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah they tend to do that alot. Usually have nothing better to do.

Just remember, they have to have probable cause AND a search warrant to search your vehicle, and no they cant impound it in the meantime unless they charge you with a crime. I've made woodstock police bring out the K9 units on two different occasions because they stopped me with a tail light out and tried to search my car

Wow, thats good to know good lookin out, I actually didnt know that... They would have gotten my black ass on some bs and tagged the hell outta me on sheer ignorance...

gtsxtt
02-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll be there with my newly colored wheels and calipers. Good thing about driving a saturn is it's way low on the most stolen vehicle list.

HKDPrincess
03-01-2011, 08:53 AM
If you want a decet spot around 5-6ish.

Thanks! =)

DavidTB8889
03-01-2011, 11:11 AM
i heard that if they find an illegal motor or swapped vin, they arent going to impound the car. they are going to blow them up

Nerdsrock22
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
i heard that if they find an illegal motor or swapped vin, they arent going to impound the car. they are going to blow them up

I heard this too. It was on the news.

Doppelgänger
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM

I remember a night when GCPD blocked us all in off P.Hill and were doing VIN checks on cars. If they have any probable cause they can get a warrant to do such checks. Furthermore, the V doesn't own all of that lot and has had cars towed from their lot. I know of someone who was parked up on the top deck in a Jeep Liberty and it was towed...he was a paying customer that night too. When he went back and showed them he was a patron that night they pretty much told him "oh well deal with it". It's a private lot and they can do what they want...be thankful they have even let it go on at all.

I'd heed any warnings.

gsrgoon
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
it all depends but if you going i know i would deffinately like to see you there lol

EG_Ryder
03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Dont forget to bring the Oreos! :goodjob:

.blank cd
03-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I remember a night when GCPD blocked us all in off P.Hill and were doing VIN checks on cars. If they have any probable cause they can get a warrant to do such checks. Furthermore, the V doesn't own all of that lot and has had cars towed from their lot. I know of someone who was parked up on the top deck in a Jeep Liberty and it was towed...he was a paying customer that night too. When he went back and showed them he was a patron that night they pretty much told him "oh well deal with it". It's a private lot and they can do what they want...be thankful they have even let it go on at all.

I'd heed any warnings.
Yeah they do that shit because 90% of the time, people dont know any better so the cops push em around. I guess if you have nothing to hide then let em. Best way to keep them from doing it is to stay the fuck outta situations like that. I go to the Varsity, park in their parking lot, get a coke and a brownie, and leave before shit gets outta hand.