PDA

View Full Version : ebay timing belt water pmp kits....good or bad?

pacocrix
02-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Im not one to have to use OEM parts all the time even tho that would be awesome they are priced too high normally...anyway
You can get a Tb/WP w/all the seals tensioner the whole shibang for under $100, this is about $100 cheaper than an advanced auto or of sort....so kinda throws a red flag for me an considering the parts importance im thinkn OEM would maybe the way to go for these type of parts....so thats kinda the question
Anyone know of these ebay type kits, or is this def som'n the should be replaced with stock
Also ebay u can get EOM (in honda wrap from online acura dealer) pump, an belt for $150 so price is significantly different
Now yes i understand OEM parts are always the way to go, but is there a dif in parts quality really or is it just not worth the risk an i just need to bounce this idea around an get som educ. insight...thanks

rmeyer114
02-26-2011, 08:12 PM
well they cant legitly sell parts that arent up to OEM standards .. so it might be worth a shot

Black4DrEK
02-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I wouldnt do it.

But its on YOU

pacocrix
02-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Yea def went with the OEM belt, im thinkn i might skimp on the water pump tho, but get a OEM tensioner

I know the oem will giv me a 100k with no worries, an i wont rebiuld motor for turbo for atleast 100k (no more money on car for now), an worst case my water pump goes out atleast that wont kill my motor completely...which leaves me with an OEM belt an tensioner, an aftrmrkt water pump for a little under $160 an total saving of about $75 from goin all OEM an water pump is prolly fine....we'll see shortly about to order the rest of my parts now

FasTech
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't risk it. Hate for you to save alittle bit now just to pay alot more down the road because quality wasn't there. Your call, but with Timing.. I'd go to the dealership.

pacocrix
02-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Yea def went with the OEM belt, im thinkn i might skimp on the water pump tho, but get a OEM tensioner

I know the oem will giv me a 100k with no worries, an i wont rebiuld motor for turbo for atleast 100k (no more money on car for now), an worst case my water pump goes out atleast that wont kill my motor completely...which leaves me with an OEM belt an tensioner, an aftrmrkt water pump for a little under $160 an total saving of about $75 from goin all OEM an water pump is prolly fine....we'll see shortly about to order the rest of my parts now

rastaintegra
03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I would use their belts or water pumps. But I had use water pumps and timing belts for advance and the work good for me, and I am running 15 psi of boost on a lsvtech.

Bacon
03-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Just go to Autozone or something. If you replace the tensioner, might as well replace the water pump too.

pacocrix
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Yea sorry i was still gonna get a water pump just not the oem one, but i ended up goin with oem belt an aftermrkt on all other parts

Thanks for the help now go check out my exhaust post and help me there lol

pacocrix
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Yea sorry i was still gonna get a water pump just not the oem one, but i ended up goin with oem belt an aftermrkt on all other parts

Thanks for the help now go check out my exhaust post and help me there lol