PDA

View Full Version : '06 ZX6R - rear brake light

Bacon
02-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Installed my Vortex rear sets today along with my servo motor eliminator and the brake light switch can't be mounted to the rear set and Vortex doesn't sell my pressure switch for my year model. Any ideas as to keeping that brake light switch operational? My driving test is coming next week and I am not sure if the tester will inspect to see if both brakes operate the brake light. :(

03RCode
02-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Most companies throw in a hydraulic brake light switch when you ordered one. Call up motomummy.com and they can hook you up.

Bacon
02-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I was just looking on their site and saw they have one. I just fabricated something simple to make the factory switch work but my fabrication looks like shit. I am going to buy that switch but now I gotta figure out where the wiring harness is located. Don't see anything hanging so I have to dig into the bike some more and find it.

Wouldn't happen to know thread size would you?

03RCode
02-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I was just looking on their site and saw they have one. I just fabricated something simple to make the factory switch work but my fabrication looks like shit. I am going to buy that switch but now I gotta figure out where the wiring harness is located. Don't see anything hanging so I have to dig into the bike some more and find it.

Wouldn't happen to know thread size would you?

Not right off buddy, sorry. I'm sure the techs at MotoMummy would know.

Bacon
02-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Not right off buddy, sorry. I'm sure the techs at MotoMummy would know.

They replied quick and was able to tell me which thread pitch I needed. It's ordered.

The servo motor eliminator I ordered worked perfect in removing my FI light. :goodjob:

03RCode
02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
They replied quick and was able to tell me which thread pitch I needed. It's ordered.

The servo motor eliminator I ordered worked perfect in removing my FI light. :goodjob:

So your ready to ride now? I'm waiting to install my levers, get my new meats, and the weather to get decent up here.

Bacon
02-26-2011, 08:24 AM
So your ready to ride now? I'm waiting to install my levers, get my new meats, and the weather to get decent up here.

Almost ready. The switch should be in by wednesday or thursday and I will be testing friday. After that, I am game. :goodjob:

03RCode
02-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Almost ready. The switch should be in by wednesday or thursday and I will be testing friday. After that, I am game. :goodjob:

I'll be out some tomorrow doing some easy riding to get back in the swing of things. New tires in the next 2 weeks, then Deal's Gap.

Bacon
02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Won't touch Deals Gap but some other mountain roads would be good.

03RCode
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Won't touch Deals Gap but some other mountain roads would be good.

It's not bad, just don't ride over your head. I just rode about 50-60 miles at a decent pace before it started raining, felt nice.

Bacon
02-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I've been riding all day back and forth with moving into my new apartment. Couldn't turn up the chance on such a nice day. Feels great now that I have a rear brake now.

03RCode
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I've been riding all day back and forth with moving into my new apartment. Couldn't turn up the chance on such a nice day. Feels great now that I have a rear brake now.

I ran a few twisty roads, was heading to Unicoi to ride to Helen when it started to rain. I missed riding this winter!

How do you like your Vortex rear sets?

Bacon
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I love the Vortex sets. Especially considering I got them for the price of one factory replacement and they were still in their vacuum, pain in the ass, plastic. Wish I could have gotten black instead of silver though.

Bacon
03-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Fml....I can't readily find where the factory rear brake switch plug runs. Got the vortex pressure switch in but since the previous owner never had the rear brake switch wired in, I have to tear the bike down to find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk