PDA

View Full Version : help with trailer concept

stealthrt
02-23-2011, 01:47 PM
For vehicles that are lowered and/or have body kits that have very little ground clearance and have issues driving up onto trailers, what type of trailer would you be interested in?

One solution is a trailer that lowers parallel and level with the ground where a vehicle can drive directly on to the trailer without using ramps. The trailer can be raised and locked into position without ever exiting the vehicle, then the driver just needs get out and strap the car down to the trailer and it is ready to go.

Our closest competitor is a rollback type trailer that tilts for drivers to drive their vehicle onto it with a price tag of $4999. Then the driver also needs to move the towing vehicle to raise the trailer platform into position.

Would you be interested in having a car hauling trailer that used no ramps and simply lowered to the ground and raised back up without ever having to exit the vehicle?
How much would you be willing to pay for this type of trailer if you had the money to purchase the trailer brand new?

Would price tag of $3500 be too high?

Would having only 3 inches of clearance on each side of your vehicle during loading hinder you from purchasing this product?

What are your thoughts on a trailer like this as compared to what is already on the market?

carbon_crash
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds like your idea is kinda like a company called Lift-a-Load trailers. If you could build a similar product that could accommodate a car and sell it for $3500, I'd say you would sell a lot:goodjob:

http://www.lift-a-load.com/lofeatures.html

stealthrt
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
That is the plan. It is somewhat similar to that except it lowers all the way parallel with the ground even when attached to a tow vehicle!

carbon_crash
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I think it would sell! I'd buy one from ya if I had a truck to tow it with lol