PDA

View Full Version : audi s4

turbosx©
11-18-2005, 07:11 PM
im thinkin bout gettin on?i will be comin from an nissan maxima.so in terms of a daily driver and performance mix together.more luxury tho.would i be better off jus keepin the maxima or the b5 s4?

4dmin
11-18-2005, 09:24 PM
get it and don't look back... VW are the way to go :goodjob:

CMO
11-19-2005, 12:45 AM
save money for repairs and anything else that you might need. Cause it's gonna cost you ALOT more than the max did. I've been looking at A4's myself.

4dmin
11-19-2005, 05:22 PM
^ that is true and VW normaly have electrical demons, but you wont get the other bs that many other makes get like bad tranny, weak internals etc...

gtikid
11-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Hahaha that is sooo true about electrical demons. I remember my car's brake lights would just turn on in the middle of the night, for no reason at all. Lol, they would just turn on and then turn off a couple of hours later. Then, my left headlight went out in the gti, my cousin's a4's left headlight went out, my friend's a4's left headlight went out, and my other friends gti's left headlight went out :lmfao: it's weird! But you'll definitely love your whatever you buy :goodjob:

Allstar3.8T
11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I never have had any electrical probs outta my two Jetta 4s.
If you are considering an S4, drive one, that'll make the decision easier...you want it badly then. Bye bye Maximas!
the repairs on VWs arent that bad really...audis too. Just stay away from the dealers. My 03 Chevy work van was FAR more expensive to maintain than ANY imported car I've had.

turbosx©
11-20-2005, 10:36 PM
yeah after lookin at the audi forums and whatnot i will be doin all the work myself caus a simple 60k is like 2g's w/timing belt and stuff.and i can get a kit of audi parts for like 280 shipped.so only thing im worried about is the transmission goin.so yeah i gotta find on close to me

Deaf Pimp
11-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Just becareful.. those K03's are weak, so make sure you find a car that you know the owner has taken care of and done all the proper maintenance. Otherwise, you could be frontin a pretty nasty repair bill to replace them.

rollininstyle2004
11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Just becareful.. those K03's are weak, so make sure you find a car that you know the owner has taken care of and done all the proper maintenance. Otherwise, you could be frontin a pretty nasty repair bill to replace them.
That would just give him an excuse to upgrade...RS4 KO4s time :bigok:

DeutscheBAG!
11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Hahaha that is sooo true about electrical demons. I remember my car's brake lights would just turn on in the middle of the night, for no reason at all. Lol, they would just turn on and then turn off a couple of hours later. Then, my left headlight went out in the gti, my cousin's a4's left headlight went out, my friend's a4's left headlight went out, and my other friends gti's left headlight went out :lmfao: it's weird! But you'll definitely love your whatever you buy :goodjob:

lol..i just loved when my window regulators failed and my windows fell into my door

4dmin
11-21-2005, 12:05 PM
lol..i just loved when my window regulators failed and my windows fell into my door

look at it this way its the price you pay for torque :lmao:

HatchMan
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Go for it man!
S4 are killer cars.I am gonna get myself one one of these days.
Which one are you gonna get though? The older moldel, like 00-02 I think right?
I wouldn't even think twice if I was gonna get one.

turbosx©
11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
00-02.as 4 the turbos i was jus gonna replace them anyway wit ko4.man lookin around audi's performance is $$$ but i hardly see any modded so i guess it all works out.Uniqueness=$$$ is my theory.also i wanna do an allwheel launch a few times do u think it can take it.caus ive nvr felt one b4 i should i reframe from doin it at all?

gtikid
11-22-2005, 01:34 AM
00-02.as 4 the turbos i was jus gonna replace them anyway wit ko4.man lookin around audi's performance is $$$ but i hardly see any modded so i guess it all works out.Uniqueness=$$$ is my theory.also i wanna do an allwheel launch a few times do u think it can take it.caus ive nvr felt one b4 i should i reframe from doin it at all?

Hugo would tell you differently :D

gtikid
11-22-2005, 01:35 AM

Hahaha i've heard about that happening. Luckily it hasn't happened to me, yet. Was that a recall?

SleepingTalon
11-23-2005, 01:47 AM
The B5 is an excellent platform. The motor is very strong, it loves boost, and can make ridiculous power with some very simple adjustments. My audi has been great. I've got a B6 S4 though, so it's not quite the same, but the build quality is gonna be pretty much identical. Go ahead, take the plunge...especially since I've just figured out how to do a custom tune on all VW's, Audi's...hehe. Paul knows what Im referring to. BTW, I'll be testing it soon enough Paul, but Im already totally confident in it, as you know how Dan and I are..we do our homework! Anyway, just to let you know, I got a graph of GIAC's tune for my car, and it's pathetic. There's about 30whp locked up in my car, so I'm about to crush alot of records...and so are you! If I have 30whp locked up on and N/A V8, then you've got at least that locked up on your F/I car. Do me a favor, PM me the mods done to your car, so I can crunch numbers that are closer to what your EXACT setup is gonna output. Also, give me another week to get the timing numbers together, and do a little bit of research on your flash, and its parameters, and I'll have you ready to go right after my car.

gtikid
11-24-2005, 03:41 AM
...especially since I've just figured out how to do a custom tune on all VW's, Audi's...hehe. Paul knows what Im referring to

:goodjob::D

4dmin
11-24-2005, 06:40 PM
The B5 is an excellent platform. The motor is very strong, it loves boost, and can make ridiculous power with some very simple adjustments. My audi has been great. I've got a B6 S4 though, so it's not quite the same, but the build quality is gonna be pretty much identical. Go ahead, take the plunge...especially since I've just figured out how to do a custom tune on all VW's, Audi's...hehe. Paul knows what Im referring to. BTW, I'll be testing it soon enough Paul, but Im already totally confident in it, as you know how Dan and I are..we do our homework! Anyway, just to let you know, I got a graph of GIAC's tune for my car, and it's pathetic. There's about 30whp locked up in my car, so I'm about to crush alot of records...and so are you! If I have 30whp locked up on and N/A V8, then you've got at least that locked up on your F/I car. Do me a favor, PM me the mods done to your car, so I can crunch numbers that are closer to what your EXACT setup is gonna output. Also, give me another week to get the timing numbers together, and do a little bit of research on your flash, and its parameters, and I'll have you ready to go right after my car.

:werd: ya next time your up there ask dan about my last dyno ;) i know we got some improving to do and where :goodjob:

AHE
11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
speaking of electrical problems, my jetta blows about 2 bulbs in the left blinker a week. any ideas of whats wrong? i used a volt reader and it reads the same as the right

AudiA4
12-08-2005, 02:02 PM
if u get one try to get a 01 or better, the 00 had issues with the oil reture lines failing, causing the turbos to wear out . if u can afford a S then get it. there fun cars, my freind has one in Laser red. ive owned nothing but integra for past 10 years, got rid of my last one back in feb and got a 00 a4 in march, and will enver look back.

turbosx©
12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
thanks for all the help i plan to keep my max make it an allmotor monster and use the s4 for dd,and dates.

Spyder
12-14-2005, 11:31 AM
thanks for all the help i plan to keep my max make it an allmotor monster and use the s4 for dd,and dates.
That is an interesting way of handeling it.. but whatever works for you :)

SandM
01-11-2006, 07:42 PM

umm... kinda odd, but ok.

HotHordas7
02-07-2006, 01:52 PM

I guess you are confused......hheehhe. :)

mbox
02-19-2006, 06:57 PM
im thinkin bout gettin on?i will be comin from an nissan maxima.so in terms of a daily driver and performance mix together.more luxury tho.would i be better off jus keepin the maxima or the b5 s4?

IMO, one of the best cars out there. Incredible amounts of torque to the point you think the car is going to rip apart.

But, they are very expensive to maintain especially > 60K. Try and find a manual if you are ever thinking of going stage 3 b/c tips generally can't handle the torque.

The biggest problem I've had is finding a good tuner. Most tuner's in ATL are either former techs from a dealer and/or don't keep up with new innovation from the forums like AudiWorld b/c they think they already know everything. I have nothing but respect for the local tuners and only speaking from experience but this has been a major source of frustration for me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to S4's.