PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH MY RX7 TURBO 2!!!

TougeGTR-33
02-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi guys im new here! I just got an rx7 turbo 2. I am a nissan enthusiast and im pretty mechanically inclined, So I bought a turbo 2 today and I am having problems and im not sure where to start with this rotary.

The problems. Its a stock motor with a street port (said the owner) Its breaking up sooooo bad it. Smells like fuel and just bearly putting you foot on it it sputters and auch. I can drive the car but only If I find a sweet spot with the accelerator, even then it sputter alittle.

the owner said it has 550 cc primary injectors and 880cc seondary or vise versa. cant remember. Car has a s5 turbo. and I have a narrowband on the car, it just says RIIIIIIIICH lol. Is my car just super rich, or could it be something else?? i have a safc 2 on the car but ive never messed with the settings and not too familiar with it but im sure ill figure out how to change stuff. Maybe the coils? spark plugs?? Let me know what you think!!

Thanks guys!!

TougeGTR-33
02-16-2011, 03:12 AM
anyone?

TougeGTR-33
02-16-2011, 10:17 AM
guess not lol

rmeyer114
02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
PM kain he should be able to help you .. he was my cars previous owners mechanic and he knows his stuff or if u hop on rx7club.com people might be able to help you there as well...i wish i knew how to help you more

WAT TURBO?
02-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Thats a ton of injector for that turbo. What boost levels are you running? I dont have a rotary in mine but I help my buddy with his from time to time. Check your plugs, wires, and coils and make sure they are all within spec. Ive seen problems similar to yours as a result of changing the plug wires. Hope this helps.

Did the PO tune the car or just slam those injectors are on there?

kain
02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Thats a ton of injector for that turbo. What boost levels are you running? I dont have a rotary in mine but I help my buddy with his from time to time. Check your plugs, wires, and coils and make sure they are all within spec. Ive seen problems similar to yours as a result of changing the plug wires. Hope this helps.

Did the PO tune the car or just slam those injectors are on there?

Wrong. thats not a TON of injector. wanna know what a ton of injector is? i run 1000cc primaries and 1600cc secondaries. you have no cake. i ate it.

to the op, jump on rx7 club. seems like you are having tps issues. diconnect it and test to see the linearity of it. use a milti meter.

if you have any more issues, contact me on aim. oodrcygnusoo

EmminoDaGreat
02-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Youre afc could be setup wrong, if its hooked up right, or it could also be hooked up wrong. Or as stated above do some checks.

WAT TURBO?
02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Wrong. thats not a TON of injector. wanna know what a ton of injector is? i run 1000cc primaries and 1600cc secondaries. you have no cake. i ate it.

to the op, jump on rx7 club. seems like you are having tps issues. diconnect it and test to see the linearity of it. use a milti meter.

if you have any more issues, contact me on aim. oodrcygnusoo

Haha I should stick to the stuff with pistons lol. Like I said im no expert but that seemed like alot of injector for a nearly stock application. I assume you dont have a T-2small on your car with 1000s and 1800s.

BTW your sig is mesmerizing....

Five*Star*
02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Could be the maf or tps. How is the idle?

TougeGTR-33
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey thanks for the responses! Yeah Ive been on some rx7 forums. the idle is choppy. Its not the maf. It may be the TPS, but what I have noticed is it is just dumping an un godly amount of fuel at idle. and its running so rich its getting in the oil, so i took it to a mazda tech and they did a compression test, all REAL good. the tech drove it and they said the down low rps (priamary) is way off) but at 4k rpm when the secondary's kick in it runs amazing and QUITE fast. so Im going to take it up to them on sunday to get it tuned and a tune up. Ill keep you guys updated on it when i get it back from the tune.

thanks everyone!!!

kain
02-18-2011, 11:50 PM
you may have a leaky primary injector. it would behoove you to get them cleaned and service.

TougeGTR-33
02-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah it could be possible. my gas millage is ridiculous. Im going to put new ones in sunday. I am leaning really towards a stuck/leaky injector/s.

TougeGTR-33
02-19-2011, 12:17 AM
also, when I drive the car to like, (for example): To a gas station, and I go in for a min and come back out it will flood immediately. Im def leaning toward stuck primary injector.

kain
02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
yeah. maybe. seems like that could be the problem. send them off to be cleaned. its 18 bucks a pop.

Herblenny
03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
My guess is the safc is dumping more fuel than norm because someone installed it to run higher boost or what not. Safc is now a days bit of a bandaid. No one really uses that these days and goes with stand alone.

I'm not an expert in 2nd gens (more 3rd gens), but stuck injectors will lead to VERY hard start up, especially on an FC. Flooding on FCs are common and at this point, if you are not going to run higher boost than normal, I would just rip the safc off. I think that might make things easier and but the car back to normal (make sure to wire thing back to normal).

Good luck!

kain
04-08-2011, 01:35 AM
My guess is the safc is dumping more fuel than norm because someone installed it to run higher boost or what not. Safc is now a days bit of a bandaid. No one really uses that these days and goes with stand alone.

I'm not an expert in 2nd gens (more 3rd gens), but stuck injectors will lead to VERY hard start up, especially on an FC. Flooding on FCs are common and at this point, if you are not going to run higher boost than normal, I would just rip the safc off. I think that might make things easier and but the car back to normal (make sure to wire thing back to normal).

Good luck!

the safc does not adjust cranking fuel trim.

GET THE INJECTORS CLEANED!!!

wanksta
01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
U need to get the afc tuned. With those injectors, it should have serious negative adjustments. Stock injectors are more than enuf fuel for an s5 turbo. Especially if the fuel pump has good voltage supply.