PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods h22 build ,lots of pictures

h22 jones
02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Me and my dad are almost done with one of the h22 builds (this is not my motor but real similar) that we are doing so i figured i would post some pictures. If my friend that im building it for wants to give the specs he can this should be a beast.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/046.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/188.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/187.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/054.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/058.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/053.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/055.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/051.jpg

EmminoDaGreat
02-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I love the cut off head, great idea!

PS that doesnt look like an h22 :P

PawnShopCEO
02-15-2011, 12:06 PM
thumbs up

h22 jones
02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Its a h22 block lol thats all im at liberty to say. It might be a tad bigger then a h22 just a tad lol. My dad hates claying so one day he grabs a old head that i had laying in the junk pile and turns the blade backwards in the skill saw, well you see the results lol. If you dont mine save me a old b16 and b18 head (i dont get many at my shop )thats toast if you have one and ill make both of us one of these ,it sure makes things easy.

DarKStaR
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
glad to see this one coming together mike. Yours next! lol

EmminoDaGreat
02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
i have an ls and b16 junkers

justnprsh07
02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
about time i want to see what this can do so i know what route im going with my next build... if it dont hit 300 im going toda

NEMO
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
is that my head? :ninja:

justnprsh07
02-17-2011, 03:09 PM
yea i belive it is and i got your block or mike is saving your head for his car

h22 jones
02-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I do not beleive this motor will hit 300hp looking for more like 270-280 but it is a beast.

PawnShopCEO
02-18-2011, 08:24 PM
hope to be running ice cold AC with it too :)

JDMDA_1.7
02-18-2011, 09:24 PM
that's dope man!keep posted

Drummerboy
02-18-2011, 10:26 PM
whats the purpose of the cut head?

h22 jones
02-18-2011, 11:07 PM
to check all my clearances . Most people clay the motor which involves putting clay on top of the piston tourqing everything down then pulling it back apart and measuring the clay . In most cases when your building a high compression engine you could have to clay it many rimes to get your clearances right this way i can use a feeler gauge to check everything and can see with my eyes how close the piston is coming to the valves. I like to run flat top pistons so the burn doesnt have to travel over the big domes . in order to get the compression up with out the dome i have to miss match rods and pistons so the valve reliefs are no longer were there suppose to be and have to be trimed out . With this cut off head i can see what needs to done to make sure the motor stays together . Most people guess at suff i dont i make sure its right. If you get a block sleeved they have to mill the block to make sure it seals which makes the clearances closer there for everything needs to be checked .

h22 jones
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
pictures of pistons being cut to lower compression .

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/010-7.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/002-6.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/004-3.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/107-1.jpg

laokid
02-19-2011, 08:21 AM
pictures of pistons being cut to lower compression .

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/010-7.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/002-6.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/004-3.jpg

awesome

Sneezin
02-19-2011, 08:28 AM
so where's ole buddy at with the spec's? lol

Black4DrEK
02-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Keep it up man!!

I cant wait to finish mine!

h22 jones
02-20-2011, 12:49 AM
He is the one that said hope to running ice cold ac and honestly he doesnt know the specs lol just a good friend that me and my dad decided to build alot badder motor then he wanted lol, He could tell you what the parts are that are in but the pictures should tell that its not hard to see at all. Rods look kinda skinny? had to dut dome pistons to lower compression but its a na motor must be a hell of a stroke im sure you can figure the rest out. Its the same build im running just my block is sleeved so my im running 88mm pistons instead of his 87mm and im going to run a intake built by us while he is running a euro r manifold. I beleive that although the euro r manifold is a nice manifold for a stock to probably 240hp motor that it will be the hold back on this motor im sure if it is he will change it. If i would have built the 240hp motor that he was asking me to the euro r manifold would have been fine but been there done that .I wanted to build something bigger and since the parts cost the same money either way no need in stopping at 240hp . A sleeved block is very exspensive and since they make pistons to run in the stock sleeves no need in spending that money .

Everything in this motor has been cut ,shaved, and built by very tight specs . im sure he dont give a shit about anybody knowing whats in the motor. I just dont want to give the parts list and everybody think they can bolt them together and make 280hp i wish it was that easy but its not. Everything in this motor has to be checked and as you can see the whole top of the piston has been cut, not just to dropp compression, but so there is the perfect amount of clearance between the piston and head . If you bolted these parts together with out doing anything to them the compression would be over 15.1 and the pistons would push the head off the block.

I have given a tone of different ways to build a nice cheap h22 how ever this is not one of them lol. He would have 500 in machine work and probably 2,000 dollars in just having us build it, just alot to do. My dad has had to cc this motor probably 10 times and that in its self is a pain . The upside is now we know what needs to be what if we build another one so we can get alot closer the first time we cut the pistons .He already had a h2b kit with a b16 trany with lsd so this should be nice na car.

EmminoDaGreat
02-20-2011, 12:59 AM
oOOOh pick me!! i know!! thats a lot of meat you took off there...

h22 jones
02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
yup lol ,would have been easier to order 9-1 compression and cut from there but same out come either way. We also balanced the pistons when we got done to make sure they all weighed the same amount . I sold justin at jj spec a set of 9-1 that would have been perfect for this but you never know till you get started .

h22 jones
02-20-2011, 11:30 PM
also if you look at the width of the rods you can tell what crank he is running.

PawnShopCEO
02-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I wouldnt think everyone would be able to just glance at the rods and know which crank. not too many people run a f23 crank (thats what it is).

NEMO
02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Damn Mike yall got me wanting to put another one together!

justnprsh07
02-21-2011, 11:43 AM
could have just drilled a hole in the piston to lower the compression lol...

justnprsh07
02-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I wouldnt think everyone would be able to just glance at the rods and know which crank. not too many people run a f23 crank (thats what it is).

there alot cheaper and easier to find than the a4 55mm plus you get that little extra stroke .... this may be my next setup but with a little extra comp. and a ferra setup with todas

h22 jones
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
actually i have a 55mm h22 crank and a 55mm h23 crank at the shop we choose this crank for the extra stroke not because it was easy to find lol.

EmminoDaGreat
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a whole buncha f23 cranks :)

iamdallas
02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I want.

h22 jones
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I have three extra myself lol. the only problem with running a f23 crank is that crower is the only company that maked rods so be prepared to pay 800.00 for the rods lol . I just recieved my rods last week so im fixing to start on my motor.

spank
02-22-2011, 01:01 AM
sick

chunky
02-22-2011, 10:04 AM

What kind of piston is that? I would say Mahle going by the color of it, but they usually have the part # stamped on the quench area.

Either way, looks like you are trying to take your builds to the next level, and that is awesome to see.

justnprsh07
02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks like wiseco to me

PawnShopCEO
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
yeah they are mahle. Stock sleeves

chunky
02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
yeah they are mahle. Stock sleeves

I thought that would be the case, considering that the Mahle are the best option for use with the stock FRM sleeves on the H-series. I'm no h-series expert though. However, I do love me some Mahle pistons!

h22 jones
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
The quench area has been cut off lol yes they are mahle. I do still have that set of 88mm wiesco pistons thats whats going in my motor since i have stock sleeves. I also picked up another sleeved block so we might build him another bottom end just to have laying around. I just hate buying 800.00 dollar rods . I heard that the rod bolts were the weak link in the f23 stock rods . I mean you realy dont need rods for na unless your turning the motor 9,000 rpms. After looking the rod bolts in the f23 rods and the f20b rods are identical and i beat the hell out of several f20b turning them to 9,000 no problems so maybe stock rods would be fine. I need to just build a budget h22 ,f23 botom end with stock shit turn the piss out of it and see what happens . I mean whats the worse that can happen you mess up a 150 dollar block and a 100 dollar ctrank and rods who cares. I can get 13.1 compression on stock h22 pistons on f23 rods and crank with a little cutting . I mean i could build a 13.1 compression 97mm stroke stock bottom end that would be nasty maybe ill do it.

justnprsh07
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Quick question but what's the most compression you've ran on pump gas and got away with it... I want 300 pump weekend warrior

*EFilliated*
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
good luck

Quick question but what's the most compression you've ran on pump gas and got away with it... I want 300 pump weekend warrior

PawnShopCEO
02-23-2011, 02:52 PM

buy a corvette

justnprsh07
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
O it can and will be done

justnprsh07
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Im guessing it will take stroking it to 2.5 plus big bore and a nasty head setup but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes

chunky
02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
The quench area has been cut off lol yes they are mahle. I do still have that set of 88mm wiesco pistons thats whats going in my motor since i have stock sleeves. I also picked up another sleeved block so we might build him another bottom end just to have laying around. I just hate buying 800.00 dollar rods . I heard that the rod bolts were the weak link in the f23 stock rods . I mean you realy dont need rods for na unless your turning the motor 9,000 rpms. After looking the rod bolts in the f23 rods and the f20b rods are identical and i beat the hell out of several f20b turning them to 9,000 no problems so maybe stock rods would be fine. I need to just build a budget h22 ,f23 botom end with stock shit turn the piss out of it and see what happens . I mean whats the worse that can happen you mess up a 150 dollar block and a 100 dollar ctrank and rods who cares. I can get 13.1 compression on stock h22 pistons on f23 rods and crank with a little cutting . I mean i could build a 13.1 compression 97mm stroke stock bottom end that would be nasty maybe ill do it.

I def. just spent a pretty penny on custom rods for my upcoming build. I am revving to 10k though, so I need something better than the average aftermarket rod & bolt.

Most of the time, it's the rod bolts that fail, not the rod itself. Part of that is because people don't life cycle them properly. They need to be replaced every so often on high revving motors. It's just a fact of life.

justnprsh07
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I def. just spent a pretty penny on custom rods for my upcoming build. I am revving to 10k though, so I need something better than the average aftermarket rod & bolt.

Most of the time, it's the rod bolts that fail, not the rod itself. Part of that is because people don't life cycle them properly. They need to be replaced every so often on high revving motors. It's just a fact of life.

This is very true that's why I recomend to over build it the first time so you will be saticfied without halfting to push it to hard

h22 jones
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
It doesnt work like that man. Scottie says 13.1 is the limit on pump gas .maybe more on e85 9 ihave heard because e85 takes twice the injector meaning its thick or how ever you would say it that alot of builders make more power on 93 because the more fuel going through the intake the less air but that would change on every motor and just something to think about)but that doesnt mean you make more power . I have seen motors with more compression make less power. Here is the deal the more compression the less timing you can run before it detnates so there has to be a happy medium . I mean you need compression to make power but to much compression will cost you power lol yea sounds stupid i know. To start off with you need to figure out which cam your going to run that means everything .Your cam is what decides your compression and how to build your motor . Everybody builds there motor then picks out a cam thats wrong period. If your cam bleeds off cranking pressure (like the pro2s do) then you can run more compression and keep your timing . I checked my compression it 260 per cylinder . After geting it tunned and adjusting the cam gears its like 210 per cylinder because the cams are bleeding off cranking pressure . Everybody i know judges the power of there motor by checking there compression lol and that has nothing to do with it .All you want is to make sure there all around ten pounds from each other . If none of this makes since to you then you know why everybody is not running around with 250-300 hp na setups because its just not that easy. I been trying to tell people you cant just bolt on better parts and make more power .With na everything has to work together and you are looking for 5 extra hp not 50-100 by turning up the boost lol sometimes its a pain in the ass. If the head is to big you lose power ,to small you dont make power ,and the head could be perfect but intake is to big and the air dont stack right lol its alot of shit but justin if you want a 300hp street king dd im sure we can do it. I plan on mine being around that and it will be driven on the streets alot. If i called rzl and told them my exact measurements ,cams ,and intake and said cnc me a perfect head for my motor and then i orderd pro3s and installed them on my motor thats making 252hp. I might make 15 more hp for 3,0000 dollars or my head that my dad did might be perfect for my motor and the pro 3s to big so i might lose 15 hp or make around the same thing you just never know . If your exhaust is to small or tb to small then there is a restriction so it all matters. So for who ever said dang mike dont get on here and tell everybody everything you know lol i couldnt if i wanted to. I can tell you simple 230-240 hp h series set ups after that your shit better be right because 5 hp is hard to find.

chunky
02-24-2011, 12:58 AM
The weight of the chassis also has an effect on the max compression you can run. A big heavy chassis is not going to like a lot of compression b/c it will knock like crazy at low RPM due to the inherently higher load on the motor.

As long as you are not running into auto-ignition issues, the limiting factor regarding compression is typically related to how much you can retard the ignition in the low RPM range. If you have a distributor based ignition system, then you are very limited on how much timing you can pull in the low RPM range. If you have distributorless ignition, you can pull a lot more timing down low and safely run a lot more compression. On my k-series motor, which has distributorless ignition, 12.5:1 compression is no problem at all to daily drive on 93 octane. I can even run 91 octane if I'm on a road trip and 93 isn't available. It's much more difficult to get that kind of driveability when you are limited by a distributor based ignition system.

The auto-ignition threshold of 93 octane depends on a lot of things. The cams you use definitely have an impact. What matters most is the primary lobes. Whenever you do a compression test, you are seeing a number based on the primary lobes. If you were to do a compression test on the VTEC lobes, your compression numbers would go way way down. If your primary lobes have really short duration, you can start to run into auto-ignition issues with less than 12:1 compression. However, most Honda cams have enough duration on the primary lobes to permit a fairly high compression ratio without auto-ignition.

The most important thing I should mention is that more compression is not necessarily better for every build. If you're only going to rev to 8000rpm, there is pretty much zero reason to run anything higher than 12:1. High compression ratios are necessary for high revving motors b/c compression ratio increases the speed of the burn. It is also necessary for high octane fuels because they are harder to ignite. Without getting into the chemistry/physics of it, compressing the air/fuel mix reduces the activation energy required to ignite the air/fuel. That creates a faster burn which is necessary at high rpm b/c there is less time between engine cycles for the fuel to burn. Ie. if the fuel isn't burning fast enough and expanding quickly enough, the piston basically starts to outrun the flame. This is why motors can't continue making power as they rev higher and higher.

Anyhow, there's a lot that goes into it that could take hours to explain, but suffice it to say there is no clear answer for what the max compression you can run on the street is. :p

justnprsh07
02-24-2011, 07:01 AM
It doesnt work like that man. Scottie says 13.1 is the limit on pump gas .maybe more on e85 9 ihave heard because e85 takes twice the injector meaning its thick or how ever you would say it that alot of builders make more power on 93 because the more fuel going through the intake the less air but that would change on every motor and just something to think about)but that doesnt mean you make more power . I have seen motors with more compression make less power. Here is the deal the more compression the less timing you can run before it detnates so there has to be a happy medium . I mean you need compression to make power but to much compression will cost you power lol yea sounds stupid i know. To start off with you need to figure out which cam your going to run that means everything .Your cam is what decides your compression and how to build your motor . Everybody builds there motor then picks out a cam thats wrong period. If your cam bleeds off cranking pressure (like the pro2s do) then you can run more compression and keep your timing . I checked my compression it 260 per cylinder . After geting it tunned and adjusting the cam gears its like 210 per cylinder because the cams are bleeding off cranking pressure . Everybody i know judges the power of there motor by checking there compression lol and that has nothing to do with it .All you want is to make sure there all around ten pounds from each other . If none of this makes since to you then you know why everybody is not running around with 250-300 hp na setups because its just not that easy. I been trying to tell people you cant just bolt on better parts and make more power .With na everything has to work together and you are looking for 5 extra hp not 50-100 by turning up the boost lol sometimes its a pain in the ass. If the head is to big you lose power ,to small you dont make power ,and the head could be perfect but intake is to big and the air dont stack right lol its alot of shit but justin if you want a 300hp street king dd im sure we can do it. I plan on mine being around that and it will be driven on the streets alot. If i called rzl and told them my exact measurements ,cams ,and intake and said cnc me a perfect head for my motor and then i orderd pro3s and installed them on my motor thats making 252hp. I might make 15 more hp for 3,0000 dollars or my head that my dad did might be perfect for my motor and the pro 3s to big so i might lose 15 hp or make around the same thing you just never know . If your exhaust is to small or tb to small then there is a restriction so it all matters. So for who ever said dang mike dont get on here and tell everybody everything you know lol i couldnt if i wanted to. I can tell you simple 230-240 hp h series set ups after that your shit better be right because 5 hp is hard to find.

This is why I've been trying to find out wwhat it takes... or I would love to find someone that had a 300plus na setup complete car bc I would prob trade... I had a guy on ht that had a f22 that made close to 400 but it was 16:1 comp aluminum rods setup with roller rockers and custom cams but that seemed a little to extreme. I like to drive my shot more than I work on it

h22 jones
02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Im glad you explained that a little better then i did. Its hard enough to understand yourself more or less explain to somebody else lol. I think they get the general idea now and see t isnt just as easy as bolting parts together. If you have ever wondered why a 300hp na car gets twice the attention as say a 400-500 hp turbo car now you because its a pain in the ass to do lol. Im sure when you get to the 600 and up hpp turbo cars it takes alot more then bolting parts together also. I run crower rods which is a higher end rod and ive never had problem but when reveeing to were chunky wants to rev aluminum rods is a must and they must be cycled

justnprsh07
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Im glad you explained that a little better then i did. Its hard enough to understand yourself more or less explain to somebody else lol. I think they get the general idea now and see t isnt just as easy as bolting parts together. If you have ever wondered why a 300hp na car gets twice the attention as say a 400-500 hp turbo car now you because its a pain in the ass to do lol. Im sure when you get to the 600 and up hpp turbo cars it takes alot more then bolting parts together also. I run crower rods which is a higher end rod and ive never had problem but when reveeing to were chunky wants to rev aluminum rods is a must and they must be cycled

This is true and you will half to have it balanced to like a tenth of a pound at 10k if you want it to stay together for a while and it has took me several setups to get where I'm at for a turbo car and truthfully I'm bored with it and want to go na

h22 jones
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
sell me my intake back then lol. After doing alot of research id realy like to try one of those intakes na . I think it would produce good hp. Atleast go out and bust a ten second pass so i can ad that motor to my ten second build list lmao. On a serious note how is it holding up ?

justnprsh07
02-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Great its hanging in there and im gonna get low into the tens before I go na

1badgvr4
02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
I love hearing about this type of stuff. I love na builds because you can always tell who's done there homework because there car makes the power. I hate hearing people say there car "runs hard" but they have no tune and built there motor in there backyard.Real engine building FTW. SN: Jones it takes alot more than you think to keep a 500-600 hp turbo car together.

h22 jones
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I agree when you get to 550 plus it takes alot to keep it together . As for less then 550hp ive seen to many people through bull shit together and run for years. Ive seen ebay kits make 450hp and stay together. Im not nocking turbo shit hell i dont want to even get into that debate again . All im saying is it is alot harder to get power na and takes alot more knowledge as for the motor staying to gether thats up who builds it and who tuns it .

1badgvr4
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
What you are saying is correct and thats why if I were to showcase my skills and build an engine it would be all motor. When I mean turbo cars are hard to handle I just mean turbo cars stress everything thing else in the drivetrain alot harder than an all motor car would. To each his own tho and this build is great.

schia89
02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I love hearing about this type of stuff. I love na builds because you can always tell who's done there homework because there car makes the power. I hate hearing people say there car "runs hard" but they have no tune and built there motor in there backyard.Real engine building FTW. SN: Jones it takes alot more than you think to keep a 500-600 hp turbo car together.

Lol is this a personal shot at someone???!

schia89
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
What you are saying is correct and thats why if I were to showcase my skills and build an engine it would be all motor. When I mean turbo cars are hard to handle I just mean turbo cars stress everything thing else in the drivetrain alot harder than an all motor car would. To each his own tho and this build is great.

I'd love to see you showcase your skills

chunky
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM

It's much easier for an N/A builder to make the transition to building turbo motors than it is for a turbo builder to make the transition to building N/A motors. N/A builders have to learn all the little things that turbo builders can typically get away without doing.

As far as stress goes, that's related to HP and RPM. Turbo motors can typically make power w/o revs, so they have a slight advantage there, but turbo motors also have a lot more parts that can potentially fail. In the end, reliability always comes down to the quality of the parts and how well the motor was put together.

jerseyef9
02-25-2011, 04:21 PM

it funny i havent seen u build any cars:no: all your cars haven bought:yes:

im just stating the facts i be more than happy to see u build a car key work (YOU BUILD)
very good info mike that you sharing

EmminoDaGreat
02-25-2011, 08:06 PM
I like building all motor motors, simply because there are little tweaks you can do to make more power, you can do the same with turbo motors, but as long as all the parts are good and you got the gist of it you can make the power..

h22 jones
02-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Ive bought tones of books and i have countless hours reading the internet trying to learn as much as i can about motors to be able to accomplish what i would like to. If i post something on here its not to act like i know everything (because i dont know half of what i would like to ) its to try and make it easier for the other guys that dont know so much. I dont make my living off buildning hondas as jj spec or mainstream does so i could care less about having a name for myself or realy what anybody thought about me . If i tell you something or post something you can be sure im only trying to help somebody build a fast car on as cheap as i know how because none of have 20,000 dollars that we want (I said want , im sure plenty have money but i know i dont want to drop 20,000 in a honda) to put into a honda . If i had unlimited funds i would build a k series rather it b all motor or na period. If i say something thats wrong or you feel like you have a better idea post it up hell i learn new shit everyday . I do ask that you dont post up shit that you have read because thats what gets half you guys in trouble in the first place beleiving everything you read. I cant stand for somebody that has never built a motor but has done alot research tell me im wrong about something because joe blow on honda tech said so . Thats just bull shit if you didnt put your hands on it and see for your self that what i said was wrong keep your mouth shut because your just going to look like a fool when all im trying to do is help somebody out simple as that. I bet atleast 30 people on here have found my number and texted me countless text about what ever they needed help with at what ever time of the day they needed it . I have answered every question that i could and helped who ever it was as much as i could with out knowing them at all or making one dollar thats just how i am. As many of my opions as i have posted up about gregg and mosley race i bett me and gregg have enough textes to wright a book and nobody is mad no matter what was said because thats racing and thats how you learn shit . If you get on here and act like you know everything you will never be any faster then you are right now i dont care if its me ,spoolin ,gregg, or mosely and chunky it takes knowledge to go faster so instead of everybody making smart comments and trying to be jack asses to each other why dont try to actually learn somthing to mkae your car faster isnt that what this forum is for ? I want name names but i had a guy on here pm me about somethings on this build that concernd him and if i hadnt run many motors with what was done that concernd him then i probably would have changed it. He didnt get on here and post a big thread about it acting like he knew more then i did like half you guys try to do to each other he just sent me a pm and i appreciate it because i put alot of time in these motors and like to see them last . By him asking them question and me assuring him that ive run this many times with no problems now he may feel a little better about doing the same thing in the future and i may take a little more precaution on doing what i did in the future.My point is we both may have learned something weither it was good or bad and it was went about the right way with out trying to make a ass out of somebody on the computer. All im saying guys is try to learn something from each other istead of thinking you got to prove something all the time. Half the people on here thinks i know my shit and i dont feel like i know near as much as i want to. I like to do everything hell im fixing to buy some machine tools for cranks and heads . I cant stand depending on anybody else to do anything . It never gets done how you yourself would like it to be so i want to do everything. If i could have found someone to put a decent paint job on my car (after three attempts) i wouldnt have ever learned how to paint you get my point .

justnprsh07
02-28-2011, 09:34 AM
So true

PawnShopCEO
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
you're fighting a losing battle Mike. No matter how much you try to help people out you always have keyboard racers that think they know more. Thats why when we talk I always say... "now you know better than i do but this is what i read, so you tell me your opinion". Cause hell, I have never built a motor.

Black4DrEK
02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
it funny i havent seen u build any cars:no: all your cars haven bought:yes:

im just stating the facts i be more than happy to see u build a car key work (YOU BUILD)
very good info mike that you sharing

I dont think this your place to be talking...............

MIKE JONES..... You are a great guy for giving out all the info. Hell I would do the same. If I know something and the person needs help. I would do the same man! props go out to you.

schia89
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey H22jones if what your saying is about what my comment said it wasn't pertaining to you or your ability to build motors. I've read through your whole h22 info thread n I think it's great info n I've even pmd you for advice.
It's directed to n only 1badvr4 (Dean) n his comments. He is supposedly my homeboy but I come out to find him bashing me to my friends n on the web. But I'll take this all to the kills forums with a CALLOUT DEAN!

Very great info H22Jones.

h22 jones
02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
I realy wasnt directing anything at anybody just trying to make a point.

jerseyef9
02-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I dont think this your place to be talking...............

MIKE JONES..... You are a great guy for giving out all the info. Hell I would do the same. If I know something and the person needs help. I would do the same man! props go out to you.

um i didnt ask for your two cents
i have reason for what i said so keep lil comments to yourself im not talking to you
all this interenet talkin you doing is pointless you cant say shit to ppl face aight
thank you have a good day

Black4DrEK
02-28-2011, 04:52 PM
:lmfao:

h22 jones
03-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Almost done just going to degree the cams and in the car this baby goes

Apex1972
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
so many different options with H series shit. I still think I want an H23 blue top. I heard that the blue top adds like 20 whp. :P

Apex1972
03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey H22jones if what your saying is about what my comment said it wasn't pertaining to you or your ability to build motors. I've read through your whole h22 info thread n I think it's great info n I've even pmd you for advice.
It's directed to n only 1badvr4 (Dean) n his comments. He is supposedly my homeboy but I come out to find him bashing me to my friends n on the web. But I'll take this all to the kills forums with a CALLOUT DEAN!

Very great info H22Jones.

yep, Jones def. knows whats up with these motors.

Chacal
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
looking good sir !

WalkS
03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I love the cut head! Great idea!

JDMDA_1.7
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I love the cut head! Great idea!

x2

h22 jones
03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks that was my dads idea . I'm to busy to think about stuff like that. He just cut a piece of a bell housing so we can bolt a starter to the motor while it's on the engine stand to be able to spin motors over with out bolting up the whole tranny.

justnprsh07
03-21-2011, 08:06 AM
nice... i know where my allmotor will be built

ACCORDPRIDE
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
all the info looks real good jus wish i mike would use some punctuation---- i have a headache from reading all those novels now hahahaha

h22 jones
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Lol it is what it is lol.

.:Stirfry:.
03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
nice stuff man!

EmminoDaGreat
03-21-2011, 09:21 PM
lol mike tell him he's lazy turn the motor by hand!!

PS when it comes to H series, I don't think there is someone who has put so many different h combos together, or know as much as Mike and his father.

ACCORDPRIDE
03-22-2011, 08:43 AM
cant argue with that assumption capt.

h22 jones
03-26-2011, 01:47 AM
We love to mess with h22s. it only took me 15 years to get my dad into imports lol. he started restoring a old 48 chevy truck then i built him this car and he has not touched the truck since them. He just loves messing with his honda now after giving me strait crap about them in the past lol. he never beleived how fast they can be and still get great gas mileage. He used to say there is no way son my vette didnt run that with 375hp . I finaly got him to go to the track with me about ten years ago and he got realy interested so a couple years ago we built him one.

Burnz1one
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
wish i had the cash for this!

SRKdrift
04-07-2011, 08:21 PM
for some reason people dont like to build h/f series but be fore you know it we are going to run out of b series

h22 jones
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Lol then the k will take over and the h will still be the black sheep.

TattooedFish
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
hows the build coming? would you guys be down with coming up one weekend to help me with my swap when im ready to transplant everything in?

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Sure or i could just haul it to the shop and do it there.

TattooedFish
05-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Sure or i could just haul it to the shop and do it there.

Or I could just drive it there :D unless you were referring to me leaving it there for a few days of course that wil be some time out

h22 jones
05-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Either way doesnt matter to me . It doesnt take me long to do what i need to do. I happen to be pretty good at what i do lol.

TattooedFish
05-31-2011, 01:50 AM
Either way doesnt matter to me . It doesnt take me long to do what i need to do. I happen to be pretty good at what i do lol.

Sounds Good to me bro

Drummerboy
05-31-2011, 02:47 AM
for some reason people dont like to build h/f series but be fore you know it we are going to run out of b series

true. I especially love F series. My old f22a1 made stupid power after I went turbo. Should have dyno sheets from the dohc f20a this weekend.

h22 jones
05-31-2011, 07:13 PM
post them up.

dakilla4ever
05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Almost done just going to degree the cams and in the car this baby goes

So you know how to degree cams eeeyyyy.....?

h22 jones
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
whats that mean ? Yea man i know how. Its the only way to the most out of a na motor or just hope you get lucky.

h22 jones
06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
i got my head and block back from the machine shop today :)

big mac
06-24-2011, 01:57 AM
so did i bro waitin on all gaskets to be in

TattooedFish
06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I got my head back today to must be good head friday

h22 jones
06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Good head friday lol. If its friday and your getting head i dont see anyway it could be bad head friday lol. Unless she bites.

Jdm94Coupe
06-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Good head friday lol. If its friday and your getting head i dont see anyway it could be bad head friday lol. Unless she bites.

some peeple like when they bite.....

h22 jones
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
lmao. I didnt say use a little teeth . I said bite lol.

TattooedFish
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
lmao. I didnt say use a little teeth . I said bite lol.

Doh

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dakilla4ever
07-01-2011, 12:01 AM
whats that mean ? Yea man i know how. Its the only way to the most out of a na motor or just hope you get lucky.

Thats something I need to learn

h22 jones
07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Thats something I need to learn

What not to bite ? just to use little teeth ? lmao

Im just messing with you . I just takes patience man its not hard but to run big cams it has to be done .

justnprsh07
07-07-2011, 07:54 AM
what i want to know is when you gonna have one of these builds done? isnt this the same motor that was sitting there over a year ago when i was there? i need some allmotor motivation

PawnShopCEO
07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
what i want to know is when you gonna have one of these builds done? isnt this the same motor that was sitting there over a year ago when i was there? i need some allmotor motivation

probably closer to two but who's counting

justnprsh07
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
wow lol i started my entire car not even two years ago from the time i bought it out the junkyard... bought it november of 2009 and mine has been redone like a bizillion times lol

DarKStaR
07-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Mine will be done very soon, its on the other engine stand ready to be put together.

jcs
07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
^you and me both,but in good hands man.mike knows his shit no doubt!

DarKStaR
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Yep, i was hoping to put the crank in it this week but had some setbacks. And im on vacation next week

jcs
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
i hear ya there has also been some hold ups on mine,new rings/bearings/ect you know

DarKStaR
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
So i hear, we were talking about it last night on the way to get my new ride

jcs
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
yea i hear your gonna be in a green bean unless that has changed...and yea im glad its in good hands now

DarKStaR
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
wtf is a green bean lol

h22 jones
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
The motor on the engine stand my dad built not me to start with and its been done just hard to find the time to build a whole car to put it in instead of making money to pay bills . As for other customers motors i beleive i built yours pretty fast and it was right . Ill probably get my dad started on mine next week . Alot more goes into building a motor with a f23 crank and h22 pistons then slapping a turbo motor together . We cced that motor on the engine stand about ten times to get it were it needed to be not to mention the fact that someone had bent the main caps so that the crank wouldnt spin when they tried to put the balance shaft removal kit in themselves . It would plaster guage perfect but the crank wouldnt spin after checking everything several times my dad saw were they hit the bottom of the main caps and distorted them causeing it to pinch the crank . I havnt put that motor in because the pro2s were bottoming out with the rocket springs and retainers that were in the head so i had to wait for new skunk2s. Of course i could do like most these idiots and threwed the shit together put it in the car and hoped fpor the best then when i screwed up well it isnt my fault they fucked up the main caps or had the wrong springs in there head is it. The difference is i actually want to see these cars racing and making power so if it takes a little longer to get it right instead on detsroying 5,000-6,000 dollars of somebodys money then thats what i do . I enjoy messing with h22 motors although they arnt how i make my living and i try to help everbody as much as i can but there is only one of me which is why my shit isnt done yet because im working on everybody elses shit . I have a couple of them thrown together motors realy fast that im fixing at my shop from other shops right now if you would like to stop by and check them out lol. Hell even nemos pistons were in backwards im not sure whats up with builders these days all they care about is the money not there reputation.

When i see you pimping a 250plus allmotor set up then ill make sure i step up my game lol untill then no need i dont compete against turbo cars lol.

TattooedFish
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
lol.. my blocks been sitting on the engine stand now for well over a month. and thats all it is the block so I don't feel as bad now however you got a better excuse than I do.

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 12:05 AM
I have six motors going right now built two today lol.

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 12:07 AM
justin is just trying to motivate me lol and hell i need it because id much rather go to the pool with my son at 5:00 then put my shit together . Im sure everybody is ready to see what these two big motors are going to do.

TattooedFish
07-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I hear that, sounds like a lot of work I actually enjoy working on motors its lack of parts thats really got me slowed down right now.

jcs
07-08-2011, 01:56 AM
wtf is a green bean lol

i was under the impression you were gettin mikes ek which is midori green...which i refer to as a green bean

jcs
07-08-2011, 01:58 AM
I have six motors going right now built two today lol.

was one mine??:yes:

DarKStaR
07-08-2011, 04:47 AM
i was under the impression you were gettin mikes ek which is midori green...which i refer to as a green bean

oh, no he sold that one to get mine.

justnprsh07
07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
justin is just trying to motivate me lol and hell i need it because id much rather go to the pool with my son at 5:00 then put my shit together . Im sure everybody is ready to see what these two big motors are going to do.

lol not hating but damn your slow...lol jk i need yal to get this shit done so you can motivate me... i need a GOOD ported head for my setup so i can finish this shit. if all these motors your doing are allmotor builds and ppl will actually race then ill part my shit out and finish my build, bc turbo guys are pussy... just sayin bc nobody ever races. i got everything for my block ready to go except for assembly and now working on starting a head.

justnprsh07
07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
maybe we should all put our pistons in backwards then bc from what i hear nemos car would roll out

PawnShopCEO
07-08-2011, 09:40 AM
The motor on the engine stand my dad built not me to start with and its been done just hard to find the time to build a whole car to put it in instead of making money to pay bills . As for other customers motors i beleive i built yours pretty fast and it was right . Ill probably get my dad started on mine next week . Alot more goes into building a motor with a f23 crank and h22 pistons then slapping a turbo motor together . We cced that motor on the engine stand about ten times to get it were it needed to be not to mention the fact that someone had bent the main caps so that the crank wouldnt spin when they tried to put the balance shaft removal kit in themselves . It would plaster guage perfect but the crank wouldnt spin after checking everything several times my dad saw were they hit the bottom of the main caps and distorted them causeing it to pinch the crank . I havnt put that motor in because the pro2s were bottoming out with the rocket springs and retainers that were in the head so i had to wait for new skunk2s. Of course i could do like most these idiots and threwed the shit together put it in the car and hoped fpor the best then when i screwed up well it isnt my fault they fucked up the main caps or had the wrong springs in there head is it. The difference is i actually want to see these cars racing and making power so if it takes a little longer to get it right instead on detsroying 5,000-6,000 dollars of somebodys money then thats what i do . I enjoy messing with h22 motors although they arnt how i make my living and i try to help everbody as much as i can but there is only one of me which is why my shit isnt done yet because im working on everybody elses shit . I have a couple of them thrown together motors realy fast that im fixing at my shop from other shops right now if you would like to stop by and check them out lol. Hell even nemos pistons were in backwards im not sure whats up with builders these days all they care about is the money not there reputation.

When i see you pimping a 250plus allmotor set up then ill make sure i step up my game lol untill then no need i dont compete against turbo cars lol.

truth. what an idiot who put that balance shaft kit on lol. You do all my engine work, but I TRY to do a few things to learn. I bet the next one i put in would be perfect though... just a learning curve

jcs
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
^^mines turbo...i got those 1200cc injectors from you a while back..im sure i wont hang with you but..my 88mm G might can be a couple cars back haha

jcs
07-08-2011, 12:52 PM
maybe we should all put our pistons in backwards then bc from what i hear nemos car would roll out

haha you think??a certain engine builder at a certain shop had my shit in backwards with absouletly no compression.

DarKStaR
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
lol not hating but damn your slow...lol jk i need yal to get this shit done so you can motivate me... i need a GOOD ported head for my setup so i can finish this shit. if all these motors your doing are allmotor builds and ppl will actually race then ill part my shit out and finish my build, bc turbo guys are pussy... just sayin bc nobody ever races. i got everything for my block ready to go except for assembly and now working on starting a head.
Im always down to race, so you can count on me when mine gets done.

justnprsh07
07-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Im always down to race, so you can count on me when mine gets done.

Hell yea now watch this... Mike jones u cant build a motor u just get you dad to do it for u so u can clame it...

justnprsh07
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Im lighting a fire under his ass so he will get yals shit out the way and make room for mine

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Hell yea now watch this... Mike jones u cant build a motor u just get you dad to do it for u so u can clame it...

That might would work if he built your motor but i did lmao. I need no clame to fame lol . If wants to build every motor that comes through that shop it wouldnt bother me in the least bit i got plenty of shit to do. I will say this though he is the only person that i would trust to build a motor for me or any of my customers with out me toughing it. Ive said on several times there is no way i could have a employe build a motor and me feel good about it going in a customers car . I dont trust anybody that much so ill doi my own work when it comes to that .

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 11:22 PM
was one mine??:yes:

I found out alot more about yours and got the crank in but thats it lol. Hard part is done though everything is checked ready to put together thank god.

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 11:24 PM
truth. what an idiot who put that balance shaft kit on lol. You do all my engine work, but I TRY to do a few things to learn. I bet the next one i put in would be perfect though... just a learning curve

Thats the only way to learn and im sure if we lived closer were you could put your car together or be able to do some of the little stuff it would be done by now . I learned by the shit we have been threw and thats why i bought joeys ek. i just dont have time to build another car from the ground up just to put my motor in so this way is easier.

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 11:27 PM

If i put yours in backwards it would have bent every intake valve just like nemos did when the timing belt broke . It doesnt change the power one bit but the valve reliefs are different sizes . As long as you never have any problems you will be fine but if nemos would have been put in right he would still be busting peoples ass as we speak .

h22 jones
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM

I dont think you ever sleep lol. Anybody that has enough time to fuck the back of there car up like yours is has way to much time on there hands lmao.

jcs
07-08-2011, 11:40 PM
word next build im going f23 crank h22 block my pistons and rods and try the all motor deal.lookin good though man good progress on both from what i saw today

justnprsh07
07-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I dont think you ever sleep lol. Anybody that has enough time to fuck the back of there car up like yours is has way to much time on there hands lmao.

Bwahaha I knowit lol... I bought the stuff to do a one piece axle in the back and when I started and got about halfway done with cutting the rear floor out I noticed that it would putt me in the outlaw class so I stopped bc I cant hang with the big boys

h22 jones
07-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Lol thats funny.

justnprsh07
07-10-2011, 08:31 AM
No lol that sucks...i might as well just go ahead and do it now

h22 jones
07-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Shells are a dime a dozen with our abilitys in the paint and body world . I would find another one paint it and swapp my shit over no need in trying to race 7 second supras when you have a setup to run in the modified class and still street it some. Hell get your hatch back from jj it seemed nice i just hate red thats why i didnt try to get it after i asked about it.

justnprsh07
07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Yea im getting tired of same ole civics though there easy to do... Thats why im workin on a 2000 insight but thats another subject :ninja:

TattooedFish
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
speaking of shells I saw a white 89 si that im contemplating on picking up to do my swap in any thoughts or advice on this or against this

h22 jones
07-10-2011, 11:34 PM
H22 in a ef isnt the easiest thing but there alot easier then in the past . Personally i hate efs but to each his on . I probably have one of the cleanest efs around sitting at the shop for the last hree years because the distributor went out lol. Thats how bad i hate them.

Civics are easy but i like messing with stuff i can get parts for little tom knothing . I would love to restore a 69 camaro but even having my shop and skills thats a tone of money.

TattooedFish
07-10-2011, 11:43 PM
my brother had a 69 camaro when I was 15 thats been 15 years ago he had told me he was going to give it to me for my graduation present but then he sold it shortly after ( I was irate) but oh well. The more I look at the hatchbacks the more I think I might wanna swap over the h22 into a hatch instead of my coupe but I like the coupe also so im trying to figure out how I can have both lol

h22 jones
07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I understand im the same way and i end up with way to many cars lol.

h22 jones
07-11-2011, 12:16 AM
The motor in my dads si hatch came out of my 95 two door accord . It made 230hp then lol . Thats was my baby still is just rocking a stock f20b now.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/001.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/118.jpg

jcs
07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
word i mean a ef isnt the easiest way but personally not the way i would..clearance with subframe traction bars ect having to run drive shaft shop axles instead of gsrs..just personally ej-eg is the way

h22 jones
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I got my head put together figured i would post pictures.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/006-5.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/009-5.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/007-5.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/010-8.jpg

Jdm94Coupe
08-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Nice!

jcs
08-12-2011, 04:56 PM
is that the stuff i gave you?if so shit looks good

DarKStaR
08-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Nah, if im not mistaken thats skunk pro series stuff

jcs
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
i think mine was to homie??

DarKStaR
08-12-2011, 06:18 PM
nah, yours had no markings, skunk has the symbols on all theirs

jcs
08-12-2011, 06:45 PM
i know it had it on the valves and like i was tellin mike i dont think they mark it on some of there earlier products,that head was put together yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss ago...due too i have the receipts that say it was bought as a combo :) along with the valves.

i could be wrong but its just what it says on the receipts..owell still looks good mike.

Jdm94Coupe
08-12-2011, 09:16 PM
^ does it really matter? people always get so caught up in this was mine and such..... it never really matters

h22 jones
08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Ive had this stuff already and its pro series your stuff was tuner series no matter what the papper work says. My pro 3s would coil bind if i used the springs from you but they are skunk dony get me wrong . Honestly the only difference i could see in the valves was yours was coated all the way mine wasnt meaning mine was the newer style but same thing no difference but the look. Im going to put that stuff in the head that were taking off my dads motor and keep it for a back up i guess since i have no use for it lol. I bought a head from a guy on here about a year ago with all this stuff in it . Yes i have to much shit but when i start racing it will be good to have back ups lol. When its all said and done id like to use this stuff with my pro 1s in a 250hp motor for my dd and build another car for the big motor but for now the big motor will be rocked in the heavy ass ek and ill enjoy every minute of it.

EmminoDaGreat
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
sweet shop pic bro

h22 jones
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
LOL you mean the back seat of my truck lmao. I was in a hurry so i throwed it in the truck took pics when i got home. Now i could post new pics of these fresh wheels i got for sale safter there all frshened up if you want me to :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/086-1.jpg

EmminoDaGreat
08-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Im talkin bout the accord fool!!! that shit was at the old shop looks like!!

h22 jones
08-12-2011, 10:18 PM
It was that was right before i made like 226hp in the accord lol and the hatch made 185 lmao that day . Then i swapped motors since that accord ran a 13.9 launching at 8,000 rpms lmao just to heavy.

h22 jones
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
The wheels look fresh though just need a car to ride on any ideas ?

hell the accord has been sitting with a flat tire for six months lmao. It still has a f20b in it with ac ,power steering all the good stuff . i changed the rims after my sister busted every one but one but it still looks good.

jcs
08-13-2011, 01:08 AM
^ does it really matter? people always get so caught up in this was mine and such..... it never really matters

it doesnt at all my man i just took it over there the other day and was curious if he was running it yet...does it matter to you that i was just curious...:thinking:

EmminoDaGreat
08-13-2011, 09:02 AM
The wheels look fresh though just need a car to ride on any ideas ?

hell the accord has been sitting with a flat tire for six months lmao. It still has a f20b in it with ac ,power steering all the good stuff . i changed the rims after my sister busted every one but one but it still looks good.

Ya, I gotta get my ass down there, thats the idea!!

Jdm94Coupe
08-13-2011, 10:32 AM
it doesnt at all my man i just took it over there the other day and was curious if he was running it yet...does it matter to you that i was just curious...:thinking:

It does, cause dat shit gets old. Just makes u look like you want to feel special by saying parts were your old parts. But I'm done with it, I was just asking why ppl always say that in every thread.

jcs
08-13-2011, 11:05 AM
i kinda understand what you mean,kinda like when people come in on a convo that doesnt pertain to them..

its all good though,like i said its not that im tryin to be like oh mike at southern speed is running my shit.when in a real since he just built my new motor and i went bigger and better:yes:thanks for your opinion though.

Jdm94Coupe
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Sometimes bigger and better just still isn't fast enough.....scared to get ur own hands dirty or just like to run ur mouth online and not build ur own motor?

jcs
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
bwahahahaha bro you can ask anyone that knows me i dont mind building anything,i actually bought the motor to part out..mike wanted the pistons that were in it at the time,the previous shop had fucked it up so bad he wanted to rebuild it himself,to help represent his shop.so how abt this next time you know what the hell is going on before you speak.

im really not tryin to be a ass bro,ask anyone that knows me im one of the nicest guys youll meet..its just honestly something that was never directed toward you.im sorry if i come off that way,but in repect for mikes thread im done.

h22 jones
08-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Everybody is so touchy lol . zi wish i could get up there whats up tomorrow ? Hit me up i might can meet at tanger or something if they will fit in the hatch which im sure they will because it would cost me 80 dollars to deliver your wheels in the expidition lmao.

h22 jones
10-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Some goodies come in today time to start assembling the motor.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/IMAG0101.jpg

h22 jones
02-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I havnt updated in awhile so figured i would let youn guys know whats going on. I decided to go a different route so i sold one of my dart blocks and my 88mm pistons . I then purchased a 90mm block and some arias 90mm 11.1 compression pistons (should be over 13.1 on my stroke ). I also picked up another balance shaft removal kit since i sold mine with my block. I also bought a logic motor sports header and some arp head studs . My shop was broken into about a month ago and my cam gears were stolen along with anything else that was laying around new in a box. Luckily a motor i boiught the other day happened to have a set of pro series cam gears on it so im good there. As soon as my pistons get here (should be anyday ) assembly will be done . Ive already pulled the b16 swap out my car and sold it and im getting it ready for the new swap to go in . Besides my 90mm head gasket everything else is bought so its time to buiuld it . Its been along time coming picking up parts here and there as to not break the bank in this process but finally im ready to build.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/IMAG0389.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/IMAG0388.jpg

Jdm94Coupe
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I havnt updated in awhile so figured i would let youn guys know whats going on. I decided to go a different route so i sold one of my dart blocks and my 88mm pistons . I then purchased a 90mm block and some arias 90mm 11.1 compression pistons (should be over 13.1 on my stroke ). I also picked up another balance shaft removal kit since i sold mine with my block. I also bought a logic motor sports header and some arp head studs . My shop was broken into about a month ago and my cam gears were stolen along with anything else that was laying around new in a box. Luckily a motor i boiught the other day happened to have a set of pro series cam gears on it so im good there. As soon as my pistons get here (should be anyday ) assembly will be done . Ive already pulled the b16 swap out my car and sold it and im getting it ready for the new swap to go in . Besides my 90mm head gasket everything else is bought so its time to buiuld it . Its been along time coming picking up parts here and there as to not break the bank in this process but finally im ready to build.

You're welcome, lol. Great build so far!

h22 jones
02-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks lol but actually none of that stuff is going in this build lol. Its staying together for the most part in another car .

Jdm94Coupe
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks lol but actually none of that stuff is going in this build lol. Its staying together for the most part in another car .

I was just talking about the cam gears, lol....

Apex1972
02-05-2012, 09:40 PM
thats a badass header.

Apex1972
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Sometimes bigger and better just still isn't fast enough.....scared to get ur own hands dirty or just like to run ur mouth online and not build ur own motor?

not everyone is capable of doing soemthing as tedious as assembling a motor,especially a high compression high revving Honda motor. I will be the first to admit, its not for me. Ive let Mike work on my stuff many times. Why does it have to be such a big deal to build your own stuff? Now I do agree anyone in the game should at least have some good basic knowledge of a damn Honda if you are gonna push em to the limit. not namin no names though.

h22 jones
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I was just talking about the cam gears, lol....

Thank god i have the other motor with them on it or id be pissed about my cam gears coming up missing . Oh well shit happens.

DarKStaR
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
get to work fool!

EmminoDaGreat
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
get to work fool!

you too buddy.

Apex1972
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I heard about your shop gettin broke into, sorry to hear that. If you need anything man let me know.

DarKStaR
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
you too buddy.

I will proabaly get back on mine next week, but it def wont be ready for IFO. We just bought a house and got moved in this weekend so gotta get settled in first.

h22 jones
02-09-2012, 05:47 AM
found out today all the paper work on the house that i have been trying to buy for the past four months has been found so i should close on it this month.

h22 jones
05-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Pistons came in with no rings so i had to order them . Now they have came in . My block was promised to be done last Thursday of course it wasnt lol. It should be done next week though . I have four motors right that should make over 260 . Maybe even closer to 280 we will see . Of course all are built besides mine time to start on it . One customer hasnt bought a shell for the swap to go in , Dark star has been lazy on putting his in lol , I have been lazy on finishing up the wiring on the one with the f23 crank , and of coure i cant get the machine shop to do a damn thing that they say they are going to do.

DarKStaR
05-06-2012, 10:08 AM
trying to save some money to get the last few things :P

h22 jones
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM
lol i know i was joking