PDA

View Full Version : 94 del sol horn

clumsy_smurf
02-11-2011, 10:02 PM
everytime i try to use my horn it does nothing. i found the relay that clicks when u press the horn but it just clicks and clicks. replaced fuse and relay still does it. someone help?

Mafdark
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM
take a multimeter to the wires. check at the relay when someone hits it, if you get voltage start moving down the wires towards the horn. Relay may be busted or the horns may have been disconnected.

clumsy_smurf
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
i checked the horn its connected. could it be the parts inside the steering wheels?

Cynical 1
02-12-2011, 08:10 AM
i checked the horn its connected. could it be the parts inside the steering wheels?

no, because they work - you hear the relay clicking.

likely it's just the horn. check for voltage at the horn connector when someone is honking. voltage=bad horn.

Mafdark
02-12-2011, 08:22 AM
no, because they work - you hear the relay clicking.

likely it's just the horn. check for voltage at the horn connector when someone is honking. voltage=bad horn.

I wouldn't say it's likely the horn. The horns are probably the most simple component on a car, its not easy to break them so they don't work. But yes, check for voltage and tell us what you get. If you get voltage this could be an extremely simple fix.

Little known fact; Del Sol Si and VTEC have two horns that create a lower pitched harmony. Del Sol S only has the higher pitch horn.