PDA

View Full Version : useless question: best cell phone provider?

1.8literfoo
02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
i want to switch off my tmobile account. but i dont know which provider to change to.
thinkin of verizon. but i heard they will dick you good.

which is the best provider with better plans? data nd everything?:taun:

Bajjani
02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
From what I heard from a company that does testing for signal quality for various providers, Verizon has the best in terms of coverage/dropped calls, Sprint is the worst. I'm not biased either, I don't like Verizon and I have Sprint.

oneSLOWex
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I have had Verizon for almost 4 years now and love it. RARELY ever have trouble with service and I pay my bill on time and dont download things and pretend I didnt like most do that complain about being charged too much.

EG_Ryder
02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Useless answer: Yo mama, she has the best service! But i tend to dick her good.

Nah but seriously, ive had verizon for about 4 years and they are awesome. But whatever you do, don't get the sorry ass EnV Touch, im on my 3rd one already

Bacon
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I am also a Verizon customer. They may be pricey but I will pay for great service. Don't jump on the iTrendy bandwagon if you switch to Verizon. Go Android.

Blitanicle99
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Ive had AT&T for years. Love it. However, I would switch to verizon only to go with the driod X.

msanch24
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
AT&T are assholes. Sprint has enticing entry deals, especially on the evo 4g.

carbon_crash
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I have had sprint for several years now. I have to say that the service has definitely improved over the years. I travel all over the southeast with my job and rarely have a dropped call. Plus they have nice all inclusive plans at good prices imo

Bacon
02-11-2011, 12:15 PM
..... However, I would switch to verizon only to go with the driod X.

See what I did here?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

David88vert
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm on AT&T right now, and have a HTC HD2 running Android 2.3.1, and it works flawlessly on the network. Nation wide calling, no roaming, data everywhere I want it - what more could I ask for? It is good enough that I switched over my home stuff to U-verse last week. Now everything is seemless, and I can even watch my recorded shows on my cell. Whatever you do, go with Android for the phone OS - better than iPhone by far.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Take it from me. The android OS is perfect the way it is. If you go android, don't root it and change the Rom. I did that with my old droid and it turned it into a useless paper weight.

Blitanicle99
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
See what I did here?

LOL

I'm on a free company phone... Company has some sort of business unlimited deal that has been grandfathered for years. The bill is like 320 a month for something like 6 phones, all smart phones, all the biggest minute plan you can get, sms, data package... The whole nine yards.

It breaks down to like 52 dollars a person. You cannot beat that.

I did have a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S, love the damn thing. I had my iphone 4 up for sale and had this ridiculous dream that I literally broke the Samsung clear in half into two parts and immediately switch back to the iphone once I woke up... It literally scared me I'd break it... My only complaint was the battery life on iPhone 4 was pretty much double the captivate.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
iTrendy's battery life is amazing as well as the quality of the pictures. The Droid X lacks in battery life and picture quality.

DA9_Vito
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Verizon wireless is where its at. and i have the env touch and bitch works wonders. all there phones are great. just dont drop it lol.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Verizon wireless is where its at. and i have the env touch and bitch works wonders. all there phones are great. just dont drop it lol.

I have my Droid X in an Otter Box case. If I drop my phone, something other than the phone will break. People think my phone is really huge but it's the case that makes it look so big.

David88vert
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Take it from me. The android OS is perfect the way it is. If you go android, don't root it and change the Rom. I did that with my old droid and it turned it into a useless paper weight.

I'm rooted, no issues. Runs reliably.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
My issue was with the internet. I couldn't surf three pages without the phone cutting completely off and restarting. That issue is the main reason why I got my Droid X. Hell, I'd almost give my regular Droid away if someone wanted it or maybe sell it dirt cheap.

BanginJimmy
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I have my Droid X in an Otter Box case. If I drop my phone, something other than the phone will break. People think my phone is really huge but it's the case that makes it look so big.

X2. Just got the Otter Box case and have had a few people ask me if I got another new phone.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I think I may sell my Otter Box and get something that is smaller.

Julio
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Any Company will Dick you really..

My Personal phone is with AT&T .. been with them since the bellsouth days.. Never any issues.. like 13 or 14 years.
Yes, I have an JB iphone 4 and it works Flawlessly.

I also have BB w/ Verizon ( Company phone) and I travel a lot w/ my Job.. I get more Drop calls w/ Verizon.
But other then that call quality is damn good as well.. dont know about their support/customer service, since I dont deal with them directly...I'm really hopping my work switches to the I4 soon.. =]

So really, it all boils down to who you want to get Dick'd by...

BanginJimmy
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I think I may sell my Otter Box and get something that is smaller.

In the environment I work in, I need all the extra protection I can get of my phone.

Bacon
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
In the environment I work in, I need all the extra protection I can get of my phone.

Me too but it gets annoying after a while. Plus, I have insurance so if I break this brick of a phone, it's covered.

98blackcivic
02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
im not one of those tech savvy persons
i dont have the latest phones and half of these droid x and htc u talk about i dont care about
i use cheap flip phones that get the point done

GET THE POINT DONE IS DONE BY VERIZON WHICH IS WHAT IVE HAD FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM

i hate it tho
i hate paying for it

iamdallas
02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I have Sprint. They have great customer service and I have signal EVERYWHERE... except my house. But I live in the sticks. If you're in an urban-ish area you would be fine.

I like Sprint so far. With my plan I have free roaming on Verizon. So, I always have service.

STRteg
02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I've had t-mobile for 6 years with no issues and when I had my nexus one and I use to wifi tether to my ps3 to play COD it would play flawlessly with no lag on their network and that was 3G not what they have now

Sol-Badguy
02-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I've had Verizon for a few years. I've never really had any problems with them, and I'm finally getting a Droid X next week.

Whatever you do, go Android. You'll never look back.

RBS
02-12-2011, 11:22 AM
i have T-Mobile as well, for years ive had them as a service provider and i have NEVER had an issue. Although sometimes 3g is quite slow, and the phone im using is a Samsung Vibrant.

Blitanicle99
02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I've had t-mobile for 6 years with no issues and when I had my nexus one and I use to wifi tether to my ps3 to play COD it would play flawlessly with no lag on their network and that was 3G not what they have now

Not gonna lie, that last part is fucking incredible. Did not think any 3G service could handle that.

1.8literfoo
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
so decided to stay wit tmobile. got the mytouch 4g. haha feels like i was a fuckin caveman wit my samsung gravity phone compared to this mytouch nd i was payin the same amount...smh