PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment...

Humphrizzle
02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I dont know very much about how to receive unemployment benefits. Someone with some experience, help me out.

I was laid off 2 weeks ago and I immediately went and applied for UI at the Dept of Labor. They told me after I filled out the application on their computer that it would take me 10-15 days to find out whether I qualify.It's now been 11 days. I got a letter in the mail saying I do qualify after 4 days. Is there anything I'm not doing that I should be doing?

cliffs:

been 11 days since applied to UI and need help.

oneSLOWex
02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I dunno about in GA, but I was on unemployment in TN and it took about 3 weeks for me to start getting paid. I did everything online and they ended up paying me extra every week until I got caught up on the weeks I missed since I was laid off. I was even able to do my weekly certifications online instead of calling in. You might wanna search and see if your department of labor has such a thing.

Humphrizzle
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
thanks, i'll do that tomorrow.

joshk5145
02-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Have you been calling in every week?

RUFFIAN
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
you go to the UI office and take a class. they will ask you to fill out work history and etc. Fill out the forms, give banking info for direct deposit, and then either go online to their site, or call the OLIVER hotline to certify every Sunday. no certify, no Money. you will get a payment every Wed. you should also get a retroactive check covering the down time in between when you got laid off until you filed.

Humphrizzle
02-11-2011, 03:58 AM
you go to the UI office and take a class. they will ask you to fill out work history and etc. Fill out the forms, give banking info for direct deposit, and then either go online to their site, or call the OLIVER hotline to certify every Sunday. no certify, no Money. you will get a payment every Wed. you should also get a retroactive check covering the down time in between when you got laid off until you filed.

i filled the forms. never heard of the class.

i guess i'll just have to certify then.

Nateds16
02-11-2011, 09:50 AM
ok you have to go on the website. ok, then put in your code and password. do this every sunday. and youll get it by wed or thurs, im on it pm if you need anymore help. g net is hiring for cops too. they put you in school too and pay you

Humphrizzle
02-13-2011, 03:34 PM
do you have a link?

jeb
03-03-2011, 11:59 PM
You can always go into the office again and talk to them as well. I know its a PITA but they will be able to backfile for what you are owed if you are eligible while you're there.

Humphrizzle
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
fuck unemployment.. they havent given me shit. they told me i hadnt done all the proper procedures. like continuously search for a job. I LOOK EVERY DAY! and then they said i am supposed to have some green paper that i wasnt given.

if i dont find a job before school starts, i'll just get unemployment while im in school and never have to look for a job for 18 months.

but the systems so flawed, they'll find a way to fuck me out of it