PDA

View Full Version : question for the h2b eg guys

big mac
02-03-2011, 09:06 PM
just wanted to get a complete parts list fo the swap i know ill need this things so add on if im missing anything. advice or anything.

qsd h2b kit
b series tranny
b starter
b clutch
flywheels
b pressure plate
b axels
b shift linkage

NoWAyItZTOMmY
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
mounts

Starrfire
02-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Go ahead and put radiator hose on your list because it will be at a funky angle. Either use a flex hose with the metal spiral in it or cut a hose and use a union with extra clamps
Also problems would be checking the oil level since the engine tilts much further forward, so completely empty out all the oil while the engine is out, then put the exact amount of oil in it and mark your dipstick at that point as full(or buy the Kaizenspeed oil pan). This also leads to header issues. You will have to either buy one made for the particular tilt, or get an existing one modified.
It is also difficult to get coolant all the way through the engine. Don't ask me why just me and the guy I sold it to both had a little problem with it. But if you have the right tools it will be easy.
The easiest way to get the axle clearance is to mount it to the half shaft support bracket and line it up with the holes and cut enough aluminum and oil pan(steel or aluminum depending) until you have about 1/16" to 1/8" away from the axle boot and then smear the ground surface with sealant(unless that is what the Evolution kit said). And since the timing marks on an h22 are on the flywheel try to make some of your own if it matters to you.

big mac
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks man i was aware of the oil level and water hose. i have kidd racing header butthey will be open. and i think with qsd kit axlels will be easy.

what kit did u have and how did u like like i?

Starrfire
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Evolution

Black4DrEK
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Might want an Alternator relocation bracket.

Like said above, you will need to grind down a bit of the block/oil pan to fit the axle.

Single crank pulley or get a machine shop to grind yours down. (make a timing mark)

You also might have to bang the oil pan a lil bit to fit that header.

civicnick
02-07-2011, 02:20 PM
if you use the QSD kit you dont have to worry about an external timing mark, as the flywheel spacer has a mark on it already. you will also have to extend the 4 alternator wires for the plug and the power wire to the front side of the engine. the frame rail will have to be beat into submission or the rear balance shaft belt gear removed(or get a balance shaft removal kit), and while youre at it you should do a manual tensioner conversion.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
no need to bang oil pan for the header

NEMO
02-07-2011, 02:53 PM
looks like everything has been said to get the h2b kit install. a side note i cut the web out of my hood for clearance. you will need to extend you fuel line also

big mac
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
gotcha man thatalready now i have to sell my tranny and sell the kit

Cynical 1
02-07-2011, 06:24 PM
damn... that much work, i'd go j swap...

and no, i'm not saying this out of sarcasm...