PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods LS/VTEC + NOS

Go_Fast
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
i have a 95 GSR and i blew up my last bottom end really bad with my turbo kit, now im goin N/A, but i wanna add nos to have some fun on the track and eventually on the street. i dont know the first thing about nos so i was hoping you guys could help me out on what type of nos setup would be best for my motor, and what other supporting mods i need. i would like to make about 300-325hp with spray so when im used to it i can use it on the street.

any idea how much hp my motor will make without nos?

would this be a good starter kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-FIT-CIVIC-SI-ACCORD-NOS-WET-NITROUS-SYSTEM-KIT-/250442170606?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a4f8440ee

blown_ss
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
your set up will make about 180whp or less really. your motor will not last with that much spray.

Go_Fast
02-02-2011, 07:33 PM
your set up will make about 180whp or less really. your motor will not last with that much spray.

thanks for your help like i said i have no idea about nos. what would be good for me? i dont want anything ridiculous, just enough to push me back in my seat once in a while

dannysun
02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
remove the type r pistons, go with gsr or ls, but for 300 and up, you should use forged pistons and a block gaurd

Go_Fast
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
remove the type r pistons, go with gsr or ls, but for 300 and up, you should use forged pistons and a block gaurd

okay ill go with the LS pistons, i had wiseco pistons in my last block and 3 out of 4 them cracked so i dont wanna buy new forged pistons right now, ill wait until a do a full gsr build one day. i do have a block guard though. what i want to do is build a decent n/a motor to get me around and can also be sprayed once in a while without blowing up. my goal isnt horspower i just want something with good torque

chinitoxamor
04-16-2011, 10:11 AM
spray can be nice, one day u gonna hear it ticking and its gonna shoot a hole thru the block, go all motor, no spray. theres a bit difference in wanting a build motor for track and daily driven, ur gonna want both, but you're gonna end up with one or the other, its not like u can keep the nos connected in the car while driving it daily, thats crazy. and u just asking for trouble, its better off building a NA motor for reliability, and getting a shell and build it to track. but never all in one, thats why people end up having their cars stolen, or broken down on the side of the road