PDA

View Full Version : General Chat New Civic SI to get 205hp K24

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 09:19 AM
What say you? It's in line with Honda's gradual steps up in HP, but it still seems a little underwhelming. Am I alone here?

News @ vtec.net (http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=955174)

http://www.uucec.org/gallery/2011/01/01_Civic_Si_Concept.jpg

msanch24
02-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Not a fan of the styling, first of all. Its reminiscent of the solara, and i always hated those cars.

As far as 205hp? im sure it will have better low end grunt for around-town scootin, but i mean...to have a "performance minded" car like the si, they need to get with the times. 220-230bhp should be the bottom line for this car.

Looks like ill be aiming for CR-Z after all. I dont like the looks of this at all.

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Not a fan of the styling, first of all. Its reminiscent of the solara, and i always hated those cars.

As far as 205hp? im sure it will have better low end grunt for around-town scootin, but i mean...to have a "performance minded" car like the si, they need to get with the times. 220-230bhp should be the bottom line for this car.

Looks like ill be aiming for CR-Z after all. I dont like the looks of this at all.

Dang it, why did you mention the Solara. I hadn't made that connection and now I can't lose it. Though I still really like the styling, reminds me more of an Accord Coupe Jr., which I love.

Let's see if they release a turbo CR-Z. I feel like Honda has something up their sleeve here.

msanch24
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Dang it, why did you mention the Solara. I hadn't made that connection and now I can't lose it. Though I still really like the styling, reminds me more of an Accord Coupe Jr., which I love.

Let's see if they release a turbo CR-Z. I feel like Honda has something up their sleeve here.

Haha my bad man. Its that line down the door and into the quarter panel. Straight off of a solara.

Yeah, a turbo CR-Z or even a CR-Z si with the new k24 would scoot nicely. I love the styling of those cars. A good motor would lock it in for me.

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
A good motor and back seats so that I could convince my wife that it will be ok would lock it in for me.

Fixed.

msanch24
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Fixed.

hahaha. Im not all too worried about that yet, but i definitely see your point.

alpine_aw11
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
205 hp=still slow as shit. Slightly quick to some perhaps, but I just can't be impressed by it..... I'm sure it will handle well and all but I really think Honda needs to look into forced induction and make the Si more respectable. Or if they stick with 200ish hp NA motors they need to make the rest of the car more like the old Si's and ITR's. 205hp in a modern car isn't going to do it for anyone that's driven something with any actual power behind it. That being said, fortunately K series motors can be so beastly with good mods/tuning that the right hands can make the car what it should be.

Bacon
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Why can't we get that Si that's over in Europe? :(

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Why can't we get that Si that's over in Europe? :(

You mean the Fit-based hatch with 200hp? I think we can aim a little higher than that.

Bacon
02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Let me reword that...

Why can't we get ANY of the good shit that Europe has? lol

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Let me reword that...

Why can't we get ANY of the good shit that Europe has? lol

haha...I'd like an Accord Diesel Wagon please.

http://media.mpgomatic.com/images/accord_diesel-1.jpg

Bacon
02-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Nah.....this.

http://cdn2.worldcarfans.co/2008/12/medium/ford-focus-rs-2009_1.jpg

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Nah.....this.

I think I have a utility fetish.

http://euromedian.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/IMG_2082-1024x682.jpg

Bacon
02-02-2011, 07:09 PM

I can see pedobear hoping out of that.

msanch24
02-02-2011, 08:57 PM

LOL that thing is just awkward to look at but i cant look away...

Theycall_Metue
02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
i hate the new looks on the civics. they are just fat looking and small rear windows and overly large front windshield and a oversized dash.
(jump back in my eg)

EG_Ryder
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Nah.....this.

Ehhh, if i was going to get something foreign and a Ford, it would definitely have to be a UTE! Supercharged V8 FTW!

http://www.carsoftheworld.eu/images/news/Ford%20FPV%20GS%20Ute%20_2009VIII_1.jpg

msanch24
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ehhh, if i was going to get something foreign and a Ford, it would definitely have to be a UTE! Supercharged V8 FTW!

http://www.carsoftheworld.eu/images/news/Ford%20FPV%20GS%20Ute%20_2009VIII_1.jpg

those are neat but pretty undriveable

Nerdsrock22
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
those are neat but pretty undriveable

Challenge accepted.

NJSC
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I'd love to have a focus RS. Maybe, just maybe, svt will do something nice with the fiesta over here. Hopefully it will come with something a bit more than the focus svt had. What a flop.

msanch24
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Challenge accepted.

Haha all that power to the rear wheels with no weight on them. i bet its tail happy like nobody's bidness.

msanch24
02-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd love to have a focus RS. Maybe, just maybe, svt will do something nice with the fiesta over here. Hopefully it will come with something a bit more than the focus svt had. What a flop.

i feel like the only guy who hates every version of every focus lol. kinda along the lines of the new beetle, their image over here (to me) has just turned into "steer clear because the person driving that car has been in more accidents than she can remember that were her own fault".

Nerdsrock22
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
i feel like the only guy who hates every version of every focus lol. kinda along the lines of the new beetle, their image over here (to me) has just turned into "steer clear because the person driving that car has been in more accidents than she can remember that were her own fault".

The first gen SVT Focus was not a bad car. Very competitive for its time.

Starrfire
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd rock it. It does look similar to an accord

alpine_aw11
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM

It really wasn't. The Civic has totally taken over it's segment, noone cares that 1st gen Neons also have a great chassis or that the SVT Focus was actually really fun, hell the newest Cobalt SS model was awesome but it didn't really matter. People don't give a shit about American compacts, which I do understand partially but it's just funny to see so many shit talkers that don't actually know a damn thing about the cars. I might be in the market for an SVT Focus within a year or two, they're starting to get nice and cheap.

msanch24
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
It really wasn't. The Civic has totally taken over it's segment, noone cares that 1st gen Neons also have a great chassis or that the SVT Focus was actually really fun, hell the newest Cobalt SS model was awesome but it didn't really matter. People don't give a shit about American compacts, which I do understand partially but it's just funny to see so many shit talkers that don't actually know a damn thing about the cars. I might be in the market for an SVT Focus within a year or two, they're starting to get nice and cheap.

thats true, man. thanks for pointing it out. i really hadnt realized. (no sarcasm intended)

Capt._Ron
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM

I think that "tuners" have had a large role in the popularity of japanese compacts, specifically hondas. All those kids who were fixing up early 90's civics grew up, got decent jobs, and then bought new hondas. Not necessarily because they were the best car but because of brand loyalty and familiarity.

Also american car makers won't stick with a compact car long enough for it to get a following. You get one or two models then they have changed the name and re-badged the next model as something else. Might be different if Chevy had been building the Cobalt since the 80's. I don't even know what Chevys civic equivalent was in the 80's.

alpine_aw11
02-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I think that "tuners" have had a large role in the popularity of japanese compacts, specifically hondas. All those kids who were fixing up early 90's civics grew up, got decent jobs, and then bought new hondas. Not necessarily because they were the best car but because of brand loyalty and familiarity.

Also american car makers won't stick with a compact car long enough for it to get a following. You get one or two models then they have changed the name and re-badged the next model as something else. Might be different if Chevy had been building the Cobalt since the 80's. I don't even know what Chevys civic equivalent was in the 80's.

Very true on both counts.

RL...
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I like the styling except for that crease on the side, it's too big. 205 hp is decent in, you can't really expect too much hp from a stock civic. Now It would be badass if it also had 205 ft/lbs of tq AND 205 hp. They should work on THAT.

BUT, it seems honda said "fuck you" to us Americans who want performance cars because they've axed the integra/rsx/nsx/s2000 over here. Currently honda's fastest car is the v6 accord coupe. For all you loyal fanboys out there, honda has rewarded your loyalty by getting rid of all the performance cars(except for the civic si which Imo isn't really a performance car) it manufactured. Ouch.

Bacon
02-06-2011, 06:45 PM

I love my SVT Focus. Gonna boost it eventually. It's not a "tuner" car you see around these parts often and that's what I like about it. Different than the rest.

Nerdsrock22
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I like the styling except for that crease on the side, it's too big. 205 hp is decent in, you can't really expect too much hp from a stock civic. Now It would be badass if it also had 205 ft/lbs of tq AND 205 hp. They should work on THAT.

BUT, it seems honda said "fuck you" to us Americans who want performance cars because they've axed the integra/rsx/nsx/s2000 over here. Currently honda's fastest car is the v6 accord coupe. For all you loyal fanboys out there, honda has rewarded your loyalty by getting rid of all the performance cars(except for the civic si which Imo isn't really a performance car) it manufactured. Ouch.

Speaking as a fanboy, yes it sucks.

Whatev, I'll still probably get a CR-Z when it's time to replace the RSX.

Genji-Sama
02-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Ewww, not feeling the styling at all and the hp is weksos