PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods f22 to h23 head conversion

msanch24
01-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Ok, i know i posted a thread about half a year ago on this but i cant find it. plus that was a curious thread and this is serious. I have some pertinent questions about putting an h23 head on a f22 block.

I have a f22 CD5, non vtec.

I have the opportunity to get an h23 head and i really want to but i need to know a couple things first.

1) It is a direct bolt on to the block right? no machining, nothing like that?
2) Will my stock clutch hold the power?
3) Besides the head itself, what do i need?

Ive never transplanted a head before. I'm confident i can do it, i just need to know the specifics before i invest what little moolah i have in it. What should i be weary of when inspecting the head?

thanks guys

msanch24
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
anybody? i need to know by the weekend.

JDMGRNAV6
02-01-2011, 11:16 PM
why on earth would you want to? thats a waste of money imho. dont do it, save ur money and pay your bills!!

and yes ur stock clutch will hold the power if you even were to make more hp

msanch24
02-01-2011, 11:51 PM
why on earth would you want to? thats a waste of money imho. dont do it, save ur money and pay your bills!!

and yes ur stock clutch will hold the power if you even were to make more hp

essentially its a SOHC to DOHC conversion. If youve ever drivin a f22b2, theyre useless from 4-6k rpm. DOHC would cure that. and its a cheap cheap mod.

h22 jones
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Im sorry but this is a bad idea man. I have done a bunch of shit and seen a bunch done and this one makes no sense . It is still going to have low compression and if you try to reeve it like you plan on to cure your problem lol you are going to need a new bottom end . if you was wanting to build a motor with forged pistons and was to cheap to buy a sleeved block i would say go for other then that you are wasting your time and destroying a perfectly good motor. I am not a turbo guy but f22 love boost put a cheap turbo on it and call it a day . I mean you can get h22s or f20bs for 800 dollars or less now days so why wouldnt you just swap one in. Hell mainstream has a complete shoret block perfect for 250 just needs to be reassembled . Buy that put your head on it and ride . I also dont like the idea of jb welding oil return oils either. Its alot to do to mate them heads and if your dead set on it google g23 its the same thing just using a f23 instead of a f22 everything will be there that you need to know.

EmminoDaGreat
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
we also have an f20b :P

msanch24
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Im sorry but this is a bad idea man. I have done a bunch of shit and seen a bunch done and this one makes no sense . It is still going to have low compression and if you try to reeve it like you plan on to cure your problem lol you are going to need a new bottom end . if you was wanting to build a motor with forged pistons and was to cheap to buy a sleeved block i would say go for other then that you are wasting your time and destroying a perfectly good motor. I am not a turbo guy but f22 love boost put a cheap turbo on it and call it a day . I mean you can get h22s or f20bs for 800 dollars or less now days so why wouldnt you just swap one in. Hell mainstream has a complete shoret block perfect for 250 just needs to be reassembled . Buy that put your head on it and ride . I also dont like the idea of jb welding oil return oils either. Its alot to do to mate them heads and if your dead set on it google g23 its the same thing just using a f23 instead of a f22 everything will be there that you need to know.

thanks man. I know you know what youre talking about when it comes to H series motors.

msanch24
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
we also have an f20b :P

haha what would yall charge to put an f20b in my car?:boobies:

EmminoDaGreat
02-03-2011, 11:22 PM
depends if you want the tranny as well

msanch24
02-03-2011, 11:27 PM
depends if you want the tranny as well

definitely

h22 jones
02-04-2011, 12:36 AM
f20b is a hell of a motor. i went 13.5 in a stock si hatch full interior with a stock f20b . There really nice man.

msanch24
02-04-2011, 01:20 AM
f20b is a hell of a motor. i went 13.5 in a stock si hatch full interior with a stock f20b . There really nice man.

nice!

hondapre23
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
i have a h23 head an some other stuff for sell pm me or call me the name is kenney my number is 770 882 4793