PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boosting my first car... Prelude!

19integra94
01-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Ok I'll be brief. I'm buying a 1999 prelude with 117k on it. I got a really good deal on the car and i have some $ left over. I want to boost it! I need to know where to start and what all will I need? ECU, turbo kit, piping, anything else I feel kinda clueless here and I need some help! Thank You all!

Bacon
01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Do some research on what exactly you are looking for power wise. Since you are clueless, try finding a complete kit. You can remap your stock ECU.

EmminoDaGreat
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Give us a call 678-363-6789 we can help guide you in the right direction.

4g638u
02-01-2011, 07:01 PM
^^^^ do exactly what he said, nothing else out side of research, dont buy a single part without extensive research. no offense if you are posting this thread you should leave it to professionals.

Drummerboy
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Boosted Prelude's are fun. I went with a turbonetics kit, then changed some stuff up. I'm also in the process of switching from additional injectors (with an MF2 controller) to bigger injectors and Emanage Ultimate.

Be careful boosting the h22 though. Depending on your budget, you'll want to keep your boost fairly low.

crashtke
03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
We actually have one at the shop that was built and tuned somewhere here in Atlanta and now has a hole in the side of the motor. We are planning to build it right and get it back together to sell eventually. But for now it is on a back burner. I have seen a couple of these cars get pretty darn fast though. I remember one running in the 11's at commerce and embarrassing some 5.0 mustangs. But unless you plan on building the motor and everything else to go along with it, keep it pretty low.