PDA

View Full Version : h22 turbo cam question

boostfeedh22
01-29-2011, 04:10 PM
ok i have a fully built h22 turbo motor in process of building my head and im looking to run 30psi or 700hp range question is i have a set of stage1 skunk2 turbo cams and i read they are good for like 10psi so with me running more than that will the cams hurt me orwill they help over stock cam and btw the head has full supertech valve train thanks

RBS
01-29-2011, 04:42 PM
whether it be 10 psi or 1000 psi, only the dyno will tell.

boostfeedh22
01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
i know this but the cam may not be able to produce power at higher psi and is it going to do the motor justice like i said i am aiming at 700 hp and have everything produce it just dnt know if the cam is worth running or not

blown_ss
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
im sure there are people that have made high hp on these motor so i would google and search for their info. another thing that you have to think about is if your valvetrain can work with the cams. just because its upgraded doesnt mean it can handle the cams. a lot has to be thought of when selecting cams.

boostfeedh22
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM
thats true but i heard the stock valve train can handle the stage 1 turbo cam but im not sure but i upgraded my valve train to supertech nitral race dish valves and supertech dual valve springs and titanuim retainers

blown_ss
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
thats true but i heard the stock valve train can handle the stage 1 turbo cam but im not sure but i upgraded my valve train to supertech nitral race dish valves and supertech dual valve springs and titanuim retainers

im not sure what stock can handle. stage 1 turbo cams are not going to get you 700 though. you need to know that max that your valvetrain can do because even though its upgraded it wont work on all cams, some are just too extreme and you have to run a certain setup.

boostfeedh22
01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
that basically sums it up then cause thats what i wanted to know is this cam gonna restrict me from meeting my goal cause as far s my bottom end, turbo ,fuel setup everythings set up to produce the power i waas just worried about if the cams being stage 1 would help at all or restict my power