PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods a question i cant find anyhwere else..

teh_mugen18
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM
i have built an all-stock LSvtec, which i have a chipped and tuned p28 for and it has been running good for a good long while now. My question has to do with either editing my chip, or installing one with a P72 basemap on it. My main question has to do with, will it be ''safe'' to run my engine into vtec with the p72 chip or not? I already have it, and i use it just to pass emissions with, but ive never run it over 3,500rpms :rolleyes:

As far as editing my chip, it has to do with dropping the H->L dropdown point, because its set at the same point my L->H is, and when i shift gears the rpms drop below that point and it falls in and out of VTEC as my rpms rise back up after shifting up into the next gear. I called the shop to ask if they could change that for me and they said they couldn't. :thinking:

4g638u
01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
what tranny are you running? also what rpm is does it kick the high cam? if it is tuned they probably have the crossover point set to where the engine makes the best power. normally if you are dropping below vtec after every shift, changing the final drive or putting a closer gear ratio transmission would eliminate the problem, as long as vtec isnt set at like 6K or anything like that