PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Interested in the fT-86?

NJSC
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
So I just came across this and I think it looks amazing. Plus a suby boxer engine?! YES PLEASE! What do you guys think?
http://www.modified.com/news/modp-1102-scion-ft-86-spinout/index.html
http://www.thecollegedriver.com/posts/1276-The-Toyobaru-is-the-FT-86-II

alpine_aw11
01-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Last I heard(I believe it was motortrend) we will get a bland version of the JDM ft, which wouldn't surprise me considering Japan loves to dick us over.

msanch24
01-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Last i heard, theyre not producing it at all. Im probably wrong though

NJSC
01-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Styling I think it looks amazing. I hope that it goes into production and they drop the sti motor in there. Now are they going to make it awd or rwd? Now Subaru is supposed to be introducing a rwd 2.0T concept producing 260 hp. I wonder if this is going to be the same power plant...
http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/toyota-releases-teaser-of-ft-86-concept-ii-ahead-of-geneva-debut/

4g638u
01-28-2011, 11:00 PM
over on nasioc there is a big discussion about this car being that it has the ej20 in it. I have heard that it will be badged as a scion, not sure if this is 100% accurate though. and we will get the ej20....not the ej20t. i do believe that it will be a 6 speed with lsd though, hp ratings supposed to be like 221 or something, which is pretty good from a n/a ej20.

quickdodgeŽ
01-29-2011, 08:04 AM
... considering Japan loves to dick us over.

It's not that at all. It's the emissions standards in the US that keep a lot of cars out. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
01-30-2011, 04:38 PM
It's not that at all. It's the emissions standards in the US that keep a lot of cars out. Later, QD.

Depends on which car you're talking about. In all likelihood we will get a version with less power and weaker styling. If the Sti can pass emissions over here I see no reason to decrease the power, unless of course they want to be dickheads.

ghostrida3
01-30-2011, 06:20 PM
i think honestly this is gonna be the replacement for the supra. I wouldnt be suprised if it was the new supra mk5 when it comes out...it seems to be a big deal in japan.. i think they are defineatly makin it with all the hype they already have about it. and i dont think we will get screwed on this one.. i think there will be 2 models. the crappy version and the one everybody wants.. they gave us the better subaru engine imo-eventually. u cant get a 2.5liter sti engine in japan only usdm. I cant see them makin this a scion-i really think this is gonna be more of a mature car than what seems to be the popular opinion...more akin to a 350z than a toyota celica or even a 240. the fact that they are even going with a boxer engine to me says they are really considering performance. If this was another boy racer to just look good and be affordable they would throw in an engine from a camry or solara like the same foolishness they have been doing.

Capt._Ron
01-31-2011, 09:23 AM
i think honestly this is gonna be the replacement for the supra. I wouldnt be suprised if it was the new supra mk5 when it comes out...it seems to be a big deal in japan.. i think they are defineatly makin it with all the hype they already have about it. and i dont think we will get screwed on this one.. i think there will be 2 models. the crappy version and the one everybody wants.. they gave us the better subaru engine imo-eventually. u cant get a 2.5liter sti engine in japan only usdm. I cant see them makin this a scion-i really think this is gonna be more of a mature car than what seems to be the popular opinion...more akin to a 350z than a toyota celica or even a 240. the fact that they are even going with a boxer engine to me says they are really considering performance. If this was another boy racer to just look good and be affordable they would throw in an engine from a camry or solara like the same foolishness they have been doing.

If they decide to to make this a mature (aka as more expensive) supra replacement, I would think that it would share the IS powerplants and transmissions rather than the boxer engine. I hope they do decide tp release it as a Scion, only because this means it will be affordable and hopefully you can order a somewhat stripped down model without having to settle for a crappy engine and transmission option.

NJSC
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/23/subaru-debuts-third-generation-boxer-four-cylinder-engine/
Maybe this is the engine that will be going in it. 2.0L and 2.5L options.

atlxpat
02-04-2011, 02:53 PM
i've been hearing about this car for over 2 years, last i heard there might be an sti version coming out
less than 3000 lbs, rwd and an sti motor will be something to see

NJSC
02-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah. :yes: I wonder what the price tag is going to be around.

Hamp H
02-06-2011, 10:13 AM
there are gonna be 4 varents each done by diffrent brands
the scion will be around 18k
then the toyota around 25-30
then the subaru whose varent will be awd will be 35
then i think lexus may have a verion
this came from grassroots motorsports

NJSC
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Happen to have a link to the article?

Genji-Sama