PDA

View Full Version : Diff. Cars

dm1995
11-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey i had a question for you IA members. I am getting a new car for graduation, and i was wondering which one more realialbe and better buy overall. i wondering if yall could help me out. these are the cars.

EVO8
STI
Audi 1.8t

Well if yall could let me know that would be good. thanks.

Marty
11-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Ford Taurus

IntegraXTR
11-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey i had a question for you IA members. I am getting a new car for graduation, and i was wondering which one more realialbe and better buy overall. i wondering if yall could help me out. these are the cars.

EVO8
STI
Audi 1.8t

Well if yall could let me know that would be good. thanks.

any car can be reliable as long as you take good care of it with up to date maintinence and don't rag the hell out of it. But between the 3 that you chose all of them are hard to maintain, but I would choose the EVO just because I like the way it looks.

dm1995
11-19-2005, 12:15 AM
any one want to give there Opin.

nofive-0
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Heard audis have problems with that tranny. and people would call you a rich spoiled kid cause your parents bought it for you.

evo

ct9a gsr
12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
The Evo vs EJ20 and EJ25 STi discussions are a dime a dozen... search anywhere on the internet to find valid points regarding which of the two emphasize what.

Seeing that you did say "new" and those are your only three options... the obvious choice would be a 2006 Evolution IX MR. Afterall, if your receiving a $35k piece of machinery for free as a graduation present, might as well go all out with the MR instead of the GSR. Hell, if you really wanna take advantage of your parents' offer (which I'm sure they won't mind if they got the money to give you the car anyways), order a BR330 or BR350 Evo IX MR from Medina Mitsubishi.

The mivec head, newer 16g, and other subtle adjustments made on the IX make it have clear and distinct advantages over a '06 STi. Oh, and the IX can run high 12's stock with a decent driver and make over 300whp on an AWD dynojet w/ just a simple ECU flash on pump gas.

Besides, you don't wanna drive around in something that looks like a damn Alfa-Romeo, do you? Unless you actually like the way that looks... ew.

I didn't even regard the Audi as a valid choice, only assuming performance was the main deciding factor.

As far as reliability goes... if you plan to keep the car 100% stock (good luck with that), reliability shouldn't be an issue with any of those cars, brand new. Just good luck getting Mitsubishi to give a shit about you if anything *does* break on your Evo. =]