PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Intake Manifolds

ghionw
11-18-2005, 06:51 AM
What are the differences between the intake manifolds for an auto and a manual transmission 98 civic ex?? Can they be used interchangeably? IF so, what is needed for it to work?

ghionw
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Someone on here must have an answer for me...

IntegraXTR
11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
not sure if this will help but one of my friends had a automatic GSR (JDM) with a skunk2 IM and sold it to some guy, he used it and works fine. sorry if that didnt help

99SI
11-18-2005, 01:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken it is vacum lines/bungs that are on one and not the other. I'm not too sure though but I think that is it.

ghionw
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken it is vacum lines/bungs that are on one and not the other. I'm not too sure though but I think that is it.
So you think that they are interchangeable then?

scttydb411
11-18-2005, 10:01 PM
iacv...one is linear and the other rotary. auto has the iacv on the tb=3 wire and manual is on the back of manifold=2wire.

interchangeable w/ modifications.

ghionw
11-19-2005, 07:45 AM
iacv...one is linear and the other rotary. auto has the iacv on the tb=3 wire and manual is on the back of manifold=2wire.

interchangeable w/ modifications.
How much work is it to do the necessary modifications or how much will it cost? I have an auto intake manifold but a 5spd car... I really want to switch from my d16y7 intake manifold to the d16y8's....

Appreciating the help so far.

IntegraXTR
11-19-2005, 11:07 AM
not that hard really to switch manifolds, not quite sure but if you don't know how then just do a search online or get a helms manual.

ghionw
11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
My question was not about how to switch the mani but what is the difference between the auto version versus the manual version... Thanks for the reply though....

scttydb411
11-19-2005, 06:23 PM
your y7 uses the 3 wire iacv on the throttle body as does the auto y8 so it should be a straight forward swap. the only problem you'll have is if you ever want to convert to obd1 and run a socketed/chipped tuned ecu. then you'll have to switch to a 2 wire iacv on the manifold that would be easier to purchase then machine the spot on the manifold for.

look at your throttle body...it should have map, tps, and iacv plugs.

ghionw
11-20-2005, 12:57 PM
your y7 uses the 3 wire iacv on the throttle body as does the auto y8 so it should be a straight forward swap. the only problem you'll have is if you ever want to convert to obd1 and run a socketed/chipped tuned ecu. then you'll have to switch to a 2 wire iacv on the manifold that would be easier to purchase then machine the spot on the manifold for.

look at your throttle body...it should have map, tps, and iacv plugs.
Thanks for the info.....