PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light problem

4wslude
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
I have a 95 dx and the check engine light came on last night and then car shut off I got it back started and the check engine light stayed on and I go to check the code and the light goes of for a second and then comes back on and stays on like it has no codes or is it showing code zero should I try another ecu or what the car doesn't drive any different I wa just going down the I interstate around 70 and then it just shut off and then when I try to start it it just spun over so I waited a little and then it started and drove fine what could it be the day befor the car was acting up and showed code 43 the car was bogging and flooding out and popping realy bad when giving it gas driving not when revving up standing still

jdmalltheway
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
my ef does that too but since i replaced a 255 warboro fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator, and a set of f22 injector it runs a little better but still have the same problem so i gave up on it, for me i'm thinking it might be the resistor box because i have a obd1 d16z6 in it and the wires from the resistor box was not wire to where ever i need it to wire to get rid of my resistor box.... every time it bogs on me ALL I DO IS REV IT UP AND GO LOL.....

redneckhatch
01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
You wish you had a 95 Dx but your stuck with your little ef :lmfao: maybe we will figure both of our problems soon.

NOCLUE
01-29-2011, 12:11 AM
my ef does that too but since i replaced a 255 warboro fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator, and a set of f22 injector it runs a little better but still have the same problem so i gave up on it, for me i'm thinking it might be the resistor box because i have a obd1 d16z6 in it and the wires from the resistor box was not wire to where ever i need it to wire to get rid of my resistor box.... every time it bogs on me ALL I DO IS REV IT UP AND GO LOL.....

probably the 02 sensor

Bacon
01-29-2011, 12:13 AM
By chance, you check your timing belt?

NOCLUE
01-29-2011, 12:17 AM
as for the 95 dx if you have never changed your fuel filter this could be your problem, or your o2 sensor (code 43 is fuel system supply) sometimes the o2 is a tad bit dameged and reading off and the ecu doesnt always pick it up right away if at all

4wslude
01-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Ok I'm going to try a filter and check and be sure non of the wires are melted or anything on the o2 I think it's the thing right under the throttle body with the 2 screws on it my other honda did it and I messed with that and it fixed it it still has the factory fuel pump in it also I might change it

jdmalltheway
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
You wish you had a 95 Dx but your stuck with your little ef :lmfao: maybe we will figure both of our problems soon.

not into coupe so that y i got me a ef hatch

jdmalltheway
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
probably the 02 sensor

that my next step