PDA

View Full Version : 94 Civic VSS issues...someone helppp

JDMGRNAV6
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
94 Civic

okay my speedo needle has been jumping and sometimes works properly. the odometer is not registering when it doesnt work. i replaced the vss with a brand new one and now it doesnt wanna even budge! what am i missing, how could i test it? the connector is perfect and the wires are fine to the main harness. is there anywhere that the main harness may go that would cause it to short?

ps im bout to go check behind the instrument panel, and btw all the lights and everything on the dash works.

all and or any comments greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys and HAPPY TAX TIME!! CHRISTMAS FOR GROWN-UPS

D3UC3S
01-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Corey check the alternator belt tension first. If iys not tight it makes the cluster do crazy things. Then test the actual vss plug. Did you try to clean it out?

JDMGRNAV6
01-23-2011, 09:55 AM
yeah i did clean but how would i test it? measure resistance?

nathan call me 678 313 4584

do you got an extra harness?

JDMGRNAV6
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
there are three wires to the plug that plugs into the vss (vehicle speed sensor), i did some research and the plug checked out ok. the ground is grounded (black), (yellow and blue wire) had voltage with ignition turned on (basically what my battery read), and the (yellow and white) had 4.38 volts which i read should be right near 5 volts.

So the old vss is back in and still nothing, the new one (bought from az lounge) didnt seem to work either.

all the signs are pointing to a bad vss, code 17 was thrown. so what the heck am i missing? cruise control doesnt work either which i also read is a sign of a bad vss.

JDMGRNAV6
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
odometer doesnt register either