PDA

View Full Version : Who else.....

AlanŽ
01-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Is of the opinion that forums like these are dying? I personally am.

-EnVus-
01-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes they all are and many of us have noticed and mentioned this many times here lately...

AlanŽ
01-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Kind of sad really. Places like these used to be great places to swap info shoot the shit and kill some time. Now however they are just dull and boring.

Browning151
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
So what's killing the forums? Is the scene changing, are people growing out of it and the new kids don't care for forums like these, is everyone just broke from the crappy economy and not putting as much money into cars as they used to?

The server issues killed this site for a lot of people for a long time, then DOA/SF popped up and a lot of people went there for awile, then IZ came along and it was busy for awhile and now even it's slow as hell.

AlanŽ
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I think forums have just lost their appeal as a tool of entertainment. I think the economy has something to do with it but not as much as others think. A year ago the economy was crap and people were still doing things getting together and there was plenty of coverage and discussion of all these things on here and on other forums. Today the same meets are still going on and people are still modding i think people are just getting bored with the forums. It certainly doesn't help when a forum changes hands and the new owners drop the ball and no one can access their favorite site for hours or days......

cactusEG
01-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I dont get on here as much as I use to. Its boring, sums it all up. Plus I dont have a car to mod anymore so the whole car thing isnt as fun.

roxie911
01-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Everyone is spread out between 3 (or more) different forums. Because of that, it's slowed every single one of them down so now they're all boring and dull. There's no variety because most of the "younger kids" went to SF and a lot of the "OG's" went over to IZ. So, it kinda kills the interest of the variety and mix of opinions/age.

That's what I've picked up, at least.

Browning151
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Everyone is spread out between 3 (or more) different forums. Because of that, it's slowed every single one of them down so now they're all boring and dull. There's no variety because most of the "younger kids" went to SF and a lot of the "OG's" went over to IZ. So, it kinda kills the interest of the variety and mix of opinions/age.

This kind of makes sense, and for some reason it seems like a lot of the "younger kids" on this site just want to e-thug, talk shit and are completely ignorant most of the time. At least that's what I've noticed.

AlanŽ
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
You know I haven't even looked at SF. I check in on IZ every once in a blue moon. I've gone back to my old routine of checking Autoblog, Jalopnik, Speedhunters and Supraforums. You are right about one thing. Having an incredibly diverse pool of opinions due to age and background of members made things awesome on here for awhile. I think blogs will begin taking back over but forums will be pretty much dead unless they are technical related.

On a side note how have you been roxie?

STRteg
01-22-2011, 10:48 PM
People are growing up and growing out the forum itself it's not the issue the car scene as a whole is dying out it's no where near what it once was and day by day it's getting smaller and smaller

Browning151
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
The car scene getting smaller is good and bad. It's good because it gets modding and meets and such back to its roots, the people who are really passionate about cars and enjoying them, but it's bad in a sense because you lose a lot of the excitement around it and less people get involved. I like going to events that are more enthusiast based instead of a huge event where everyone is like "omg my car has stickers and my wheels are herrafrush" and every other car looks like a copy of another car there. It's a lot more fun to talk to people who build their cars for themselves and what they like, instead of what the latest fad is, to me anyway.

-EnVus-
01-22-2011, 11:52 PM
So what's killing the forums? Is the scene changing, are people growing out of it and the new kids don't care for forums like these, is everyone just broke from the crappy economy and not putting as much money into cars as they used to?

The server issues killed this site for a lot of people for a long time, then DOA/SF popped up and a lot of people went there for awile, then IZ came along and it was busy for awhile and now even it's slow as hell.
Dude have you not seen the kids these days ?? Unless its Tight jeans and a wooden board with wheels they don't care. The future generation of car builders is dieing cause of EMO fags and slacker styles...

Browning151
01-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Dude have you not seen the kids these days ?? Unless its Tight jeans and a wooden board with wheels they don't care. The future generation of car builders is dieing cause of EMO fags and slacker styles...

Yeah, it's cool not to give a fuck these days I guess.

-EnVus-
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, it's cool not to give a fuck these days I guess.
Yeah its just not what they are into i mean i have teenage nieces with boys hanging around. When i hear them talking all they talk about is bands and skateboarding.
When i was there age i was looking for a job and car to tune....

ISAtlanta300
01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
That's the main problem. back then you worked on cars, helped your dad fix up his car, do manual labor. Nowadays its tweeting, facebook and video games.

I weep for the future.

AlanŽ
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
^^^Based on this logic though you would think forums would be booming more than ever.............

Bacon
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I think it has a lot to do with these young ass kids nowadays ruining it for the rest of us.

Me personally, im still active a lot on here but mostly at night since I am eitheat work or watching my son grow up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FasTech
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM
I remember when IA was poppin' with people 24/7. Now, I drag myself onto the computer at 3 or 4am to find not hardly a soul online. Oh well, people move on with their lives I guess. I stop coming on because, I sold all my shit and just busted ass working all the time. But, some stuff has slowed down, I have a baby on the way, and I'm about to buy another Honda. Now that I saved some $$$. I dearly missed foolin' around with cars though. But hopefully I'll get this MINT db1 and find some time to make some meets. And maybe, just maybe, things will pick up alittle.

FasTech
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM

This I fully agree with! I caught myself wondering this the other day while I was at the mall. Me, either constantly at work or home tired as hell.. I never go anywhere. Finally, the one day I have off and not drained, I'm at the mall walking around wondering if the person in front of me is a girl or guy because their pants hug ass like a stripper on a sticky poll. LOL. Its pathetic how kids are now days. And then they look at you stupid because you're wearing a snap-on racing hat with some leftover grease in your finger nail from pulling wrenches the night before.

5speed
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
This site is still busy...just only in the For Sale sections. SouthRn Fresh is slower lately too, but still more active people in various parts of the site not just one particular part. ********** grows slowly but most of the members who post are the same ones from the beginning. Not too many new members post at all. SouthRn Fresh and IA still have new members posting so I guess thats good. IA had a really good foundation but is just crumbling right now. Economy of course plays a huge roll in the scene.

Ziptied
01-25-2011, 08:02 PM
All forums for the most part are falling off, with the exception being the news oriented ones, IE jalopnik.

djpikachu1
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Its going through a recession

ISAtlanta300
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
^^^Based on this logic though you would think forums would be booming more than ever.............

No. Forums have been replaced by status updates.

Slow Motion
01-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Ehem,

The car scene as a whole is dying out. No one really is driving around like they used to. I remember I couldn't go anywhere without seeing a modified car but, now it's like no one is actually driving around just to see if anyone else is out, just to see. And if no one else was out you would just enjoy your toy because that is the whole reason you do what you do. I know several people working on their cars trying to get them back on the road and now that I am no longer on Marta I ride through some of the places I use to see people and it's like damn where yall at? I cruise through the Piedmont exit one night and ran into a guy I hadn't seen in a long time and he showed me around his car and we went from Piedmont through downtown to Moreland then through red oak and took a trip to gwinett. I mean the drive it self was amazing but, maybe I am going to the wrong spots. We will see. My cars not perfect but, now that I am back on the road. I'm on the look out. Cause the scene outside of this forum is what will keep forums alive. Having something car related to actually talk about. Researching something and showing off what you did without worrying about the theives trying to find out where you live so that can take your parts. Do it anyway, and when you notice how many people are behind you when it comes to theft you'll keep doing it. Everybody is getting older but, don't sit around the house on the computer hoping someone does something cool so there is something to talk about. Put a car seat mod in the hatch and take the kids out with you one day, show them what you are in to. I miss what was to much to let it go. I'm a ricer bitch.

FasTech
01-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Put a car seat mod in the hatch and take the kids out with you one day, show them what you are in to.

I'm about to be a father, and you can believe if I have a son... I'll be riding him around and teachin' him about cars. Without a doubt. And, as far back and my great great grandfather its nothing but mechanic and cars on my dad's side. So, I'm sure he'll have it his blood. But even if I have a girl, I'll still do the same. If she likes the car scene.. I'll be all for it, but it one of those things.

RL...
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM

That's what I've picked up, at least.

This sounds accurate to me.

Slow Motion
01-31-2011, 04:29 PM
:ninja:

Julio
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
No. Forums have been replaced by status updates.

theres your answer.