PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods HAVE A WHEEL PROB.....

05spectra
03-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Has any body heard of a wheel(s) not being "HUB CENTRIC"???? It sounds good , but i dont know if kaufman tire is blowing smoke up my :eek: .
anyway , i have a set of konig prophets and just got them on my new
car and got them balanced. I drive off and i feel a slight vibration / bounce in the car at high speeds. Cant be the alignment b/c the car is brand new and
the factory wheels dont do it. Anyways i called kauffman tire and they
said they make some kinda inserts to make the wheel hub centric. Just
wandering if this has happened to anybody else.

Casey
03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
yes it is true and that could very well be why they are vibrating.

blacknightteg
03-05-2005, 05:12 PM
owned....jk man its a good thing for future refernce

05spectra
03-05-2005, 07:09 PM
yes it is true and that could very well be why they are vibrating.

apreciate it . i have had alot of custom wheels in my time and this is the first time ive experinced this. They ( kauffman ) made it sound like it is a common problem from konig wheels. So anyone buying konigs make sure you ask bout it.

05spectra
03-05-2005, 07:43 PM
One more thing , .... are these hub centers safe or do they break , etc..........???

D3UC3S
03-05-2005, 08:55 PM
sounds like u have no idea what is going on when it comes to aftermarket wheels dude....everytime i have changed my rims i have had to get a different set...it ensures that the wheel is center on the hub when they bolt it on....if they are all not dead center then u will have vibrations....AND THEY WILL NOT BREAK...unless u hit a curb at 100mph, and in a KIA i doubt that will happen...good luck man and get those on there b4 that shit drives u crazy

05spectra
03-05-2005, 09:17 PM
sounds like u have no idea what is going on when it comes to aftermarket wheels dude....everytime i have changed my rims i have had to get a different set...it ensures that the wheel is center on the hub when they bolt it on....if they are all not dead center then u will have vibrations....AND THEY WILL NOT BREAK...unless u hit a curb at 100mph, and in a KIA i doubt that will happen...good luck man and get those on there b4 that shit drives u crazy

yeah i do have a clue. j/k. no , its just its the first time i have ever needed these things. Guess ive just been lucky. an on the KIA comment , dont knock it till you drive it. j/k Just like being a little different. thanks for info though.

D3UC3S
03-05-2005, 10:39 PM
im a smartass...my bad

is yer car blue??? and on steelies with the neon tube showin???? j/w

05spectra
03-06-2005, 11:07 AM
nah , i have a white 05 spectra ( new body / bigger engine ) w/ 17" all chrome konig prophets. thats all right now , just have got it. and neons are just not my thing.

D3UC3S
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
good cuz i was gonna have to make fun of you LOL....good luck with your ride!

chuck
03-07-2005, 07:11 PM
i have a wheel problem...lol, sounds like elmer fudd, ok back to business.

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
most "tuner" wheels will be hub-centric... mostly only factory wheels and older cars are lug-centric.