PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Acura Integra Type R vs. 2010 Honda Civic Si Artical

Liltoua
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
I never owned a Type R, but I did own a Integra, so I thought this was interesting. Thumbs up for the Type R!

http://www.insideline.com/features/1998-acura-integra-type-r-vs-2010-honda-civic-si.html

NAIZBST
01-20-2011, 07:03 PM
great article

Relentless
01-20-2011, 07:25 PM
most def.

SPOOLIN
01-21-2011, 07:11 AM
The problem is that its just Sad.

nycclaye
01-21-2011, 04:54 PM
that's a pretty old article.... over a year. I remember when it first came out.

josh green
01-21-2011, 09:05 PM
It aint a tyte car if it aint a typeR! You can think the big SUV's and shit making small car manufacturers packing on the pounds. The best cars were made in the 90's period.

It does excite me that it outperforms most cars still, its hard to fight the battle of the bulge!

greasemunkey
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
good read, and the problem with todays cars. disengaged from the driver for comfort and ratings.

Liltoua
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
^^ Very true

Siverprobegt
01-26-2011, 02:55 PM
To me,these to cars aint in the same class.A type r is tuned for performance,(tuned suspension,brakes,etc)..The new civic si is not.They should of use a new civic type r,from japan of course!lol Type r vs Type r!!!!

Liltoua
01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
^^Yea I would agree too, but the US market doesn't have access to Civic Type R.

josh green
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
To me,these to cars aint in the same class.A type r is tuned for performance,(tuned suspension,brakes,etc)..The new civic si is not.They should of use a new civic type r,from japan of course!lol Type r vs Type r!!!!

I would say they are in the same category, at their time they were the very best that we could/can get. The SI has more power and more brakes than the R, it "should" drag the R around. Its sad that the R also beats it in a drag race...

I STRONGLY agree with the statement about cars being so disconnected with the driver and for comfort. Look at the TSX for example, they took a badass sedan and made it a mush-mobile, it is no longer a drivers car.

Siverprobegt
02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I would say they are in the same category, at their time they were the very best that we could/can get. The SI has more power and more brakes than the R, it "should" drag the R around. Its sad that the R also beats it in a drag race...

I STRONGLY agree with the statement about cars being so disconnected with the driver and for comfort. Look at the TSX for example, they took a badass sedan and made it a mush-mobile, it is no longer a drivers car.
The Si makes about the same power but the car is not tune for performs from the factory,like the type R.Reflash the Si and do some suspension work, then run them again.See what happen then.

1moreaccord
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Content of the article was great, but it was written slightly amateur-ish. It just gets me when authors use an uncommon or unique wordset and then repeat it twice in the article - "Unfortunately, Bridgestone doesn't offer the RE010 in the Type R's dinky 195/55R15 size anymore"

"By 21st-century standards, the Integra Type R is hopelessly archaic. Forget the dinky, body-color wheels." Should just find another word, that would make a much stronger argument.

BUT - I completely agree with the disconnect of modern cars. That's the thing I hate the MOST of newer cars. And it's what I LOVE about my Accord, you just feel everything, and only drivers who care enough know the feeling I'm talking about.

.blank cd
02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
The Si makes about the same power but the car is not tune for performs from the factory,like the type R.Reflash the Si and do some suspension work, then run them again.See what happen then.
LOL . If I had enough money, I could make a Tercel outperform a Type R. It isnt about what you can make the SI do after you modify it. This is about the best of whats offered in this class that you can purchase here in the U.S. Stock for stock.

hondaxpurt
05-02-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL . If I had enough money, I could make a Tercel outperform a Type R. It isnt about what you can make the SI do after you modify it. This is about the best of whats offered in this class that you can purchase here in the U.S. Stock for stock.

x2

and slap a turbo on the ITR and it outperforms the Si. We can do this all day.

PTCDC5
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Great article. Reminds of when I was in middle and high school dreaming of a Type R....makes me want to track one down now.

GlennsEK
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Good article interesting to read.