PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Mazda Miata

Ghostface
01-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok so I've been in the Honda scene for a good while and still ride or die for HONDA:goodjob: but I've been pretty curious in getting a Mazda Miata. I'm thinking like a 91 Miata but I don't know much about them and Google isn't enough for me to get info. I was just reading about the diferences that they put in the 94 models (You have a 1.8L rather then a 1.6L, anybody notice much diferences in the motors?, they also enlarged the gas tank and the brakes in the 94 model but i mean i can change out the whole brake disc setup myself and I dont think 12.7 gallons compared to 11..9 gallons is gonna matter that much).Does anybody have good input or knows any pretty straight websites:thinking::thinking:. I'd like to better myself on some Mazda Miata knowledge. I've been an IA member since 06 although I’m not too active on forums; maybe this will make up for my lack of participation:boobies:.

Bacon
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Should have been posted in the Car Talk section.

-EnVus-
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
*Moved* Long time no see stranger i see you got a Miata now huh

Echonova
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
In '94, yes the went to the 1.8 engine, bigger brakes blah, blah,blah. '94-'95 had the 1.8 but are still OBDI, '96-on are OBDII. The 1.8's offer a little more torque, but don't rev as high as the 1.6's. All a matter of personal preference, the aftermarket is huge for both. I love mine, flat-out the funnest car I've ever owned. Not the fastest by a long shot... But the smile per mile quotient can't be beat.

On a side note, if you buy one... Get a real roll-bar by Hard-Dog or BullFrog or whoever, just not a "style-bar" from e-Bay. Style-bar's are called a mousetrap for a reason, in a roll-over they collapse and pin your head down somewhere around your crotch.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk291/zuzine/NA-MAZDA%20MX5%20MK1/roll-barorstyle-bar.jpg

Ghostface
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
*Moved* Long time no see stranger i see you got a Miata now huh

I haven't got anything yet just doing my research before I step into anything. I'm also looking at getting a 2001 gti just not sure what I want. How are you treating the Civic and how is the Civic treating you?

Ghostface
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
In '94, yes the went to the 1.8 engine, bigger brakes blah, blah,blah. '94-'95 had the 1.8 but are still OBDI, '96-on are OBDII. The 1.8's offer a little more torque, but don't rev as high as the 1.6's. All a matter of personal preference, the aftermarket is huge for both. I love mine, flat-out the funnest car I've ever owned. Not the fastest by a long shot... But the smile per mile quotient can't be beat.

On a side note, if you buy one... Get a real roll-bar by Hard-Dog or BullFrog or whoever, just not a "style-bar" from e-Bay. Style-bar's are called a mousetrap for a reason, in a roll-over they collapse and pin your head down somewhere around your crotch.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk291/zuzine/NA-MAZDA%20MX5%20MK1/roll-barorstyle-bar.jpg

Okay cool no doubt very good info thanks fam!

Ghostface
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Also sexy miata Echonova!

-EnVus-
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM
I haven't got anything yet just doing my research before I step into anything. I'm also looking at getting a 2001 gti just not sure what I want. How are you treating the Civic and how is the Civic treating you?
It was treating me god and still would be till i sold it recently i am looking for a small truck now. I still see it a lot a kid in town bought it from me

Echonova
01-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Also sexy miata Echonova!Oh... That one's not mine. That was just a pic of a "style bar".

Here's mine.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/3aa58ac0.jpg

alpine_aw11
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Miatas are stupid fun cars, I own a 91 right now. I've had WAY faster cars but as echo said that homo little vert will put a huge smile on your face on the backroads. Just make sure you don't need a roomy car, you can fit yourself and some spare change in the cabin, that's about it lol. If i decide to keep mine I'm definitely dropping a 13b in it.

Doppelgänger
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Miatas are slow as balls....and don't have VTEC.....

Ghostface
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Miatas are stupid fun cars, I own a 91 right now. I've had WAY faster cars but as echo said that homo little vert will put a huge smile on your face on the backroads. Just make sure you don't need a roomy car, you can fit yourself and some spare change in the cabin, that's about it lol. If i decide to keep mine I'm definitely dropping a 13b in it.

Okay cool, thanks man! So What motor would a 13b be? I still haven't found what the block code is on just the reg ones that come stock. So are you selling your miata? If so send me a link to your sale or send me pics if you haven't put it up yet.

Ghostface
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Miatas are slow as balls....and don't have VTEC.....

lol, is that your miata in the sig? Yeah man there is nothing like vtec but all you have to do is put a turbo in the miata like the one in your sig and you have crazy ass speed!

Echonova
01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Okay cool, thanks man! So What motor would a 13b be? 13b is Rotary.

The 1.8's are BP motors,