PDA

View Full Version : General Chat UTI

dariolombia
01-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I was thinking about going to UTI in Orlando, and just wanted to know if anyone here on the forum has gone there or know any in-depth info about their programs. Any input would be helpful, thanks.

p.s: sorry if this is in the wrong section

Theycall_Metue
01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
i was personally interviewed at my house for UTI, i've heard its a great school to go. its world wide known and dealerships love to employed their graduates. Many local mechanic has gone there. if you move out of GA or Fl whatever, your school will be recognized by employers.
sadly its too far of a drive and there is no way i'll be able to live up there (NC) because of family. 6 hr trip, 5 days a week isnt going to happen.

thisguy
01-14-2011, 10:46 PM
I am trying to decide on going, if I do I will be going to Texas.

DA9_Vito
01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
a buddy of mine went to orlando and mooresville and it didnt help him at all. you have to be the top of your class to get picked up that easy. not meaning to bring you down but you can go to a tech school like im doin and get just as far. and for way less money and time.

Bacon
01-15-2011, 12:04 AM
I was accepted by UTI and was set to go to the Orlando campus. Along with 2000ex, they came out to the house and sat down with me and my parents. Sadly, I made a decision not to go for undisclosed reasons that I regret. I would have finished down there and came back to Ga for the Porsche training and then gone back to Florida to work. Good school from what I have heard. Do it if it's something you want to do. Fortunately, I chose the medical field and don't regret it either.

alpine_aw11
01-15-2011, 03:00 AM
UTI is awesome and can definitely help you a lot, but it really all depends on the skill level you're starting with to decide whether it's worth it or not. You can get a bullshit lube tech job and advance to a good position over the time you would be at school. But that's only going to work if you're already good enough with cars to stand out in the field without formal training.

DustnU
01-15-2011, 08:34 AM
I went to UTI in Orlando back in 06-07, IMO it's a 50/50 deal. If you know enough about cars now, learn quick, have money and really have a WANT to be a damn good tech GO FOR IT!!! If your not motivated it is not for you. Personally I loved it, unfortunately I found out 1/2 way through I was gonna be a Daddy and my priorities changed from doing good in school and soaking up every little thing I could to getting out as early as possible and getting back to GA. It's a great school and NOT hard to do well or get picked up by a dealer during or after. The MSAT's are a little tough to get into due to the more money issue and you do have to have almost all A's. Make sure you have a job and a place to live lined up before hand FOR SURE!!! The places they put you and people they put you with SUCK BAD!! If I would have had to live like that i would have come home after 1 month. Get your own apt in a nice part of town and room alone or with someone you know ONLY!! You can find a roomie later on in class I did and it was a blast. I had a job waiting for me when I came home to Ga as well, they help you start looking before you graduate but you need to do most of that yourself to get what you want. Orlando is great man I say do it if the money isn't an issue and your gonna stick it out. If you flunk out or leave before the 1/2 way point you pay a minuscule amount, after that it's ALL IN!! If you have any more questions PM me I'll be glad to help out.

Theycall_Metue
01-15-2011, 12:59 PM
majority skills are tough in every school, dont matter if its UTI and other technical schools, the main purpose of UTi is that its well known. like i stated, if you move out of ga. lets say New York. they wont have a clue what and where is Gwenette collage. let along it doesnt have a covering automachinc name. its your choice.

AKAudioINC
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
I personally went to NTI in Mooresville, NC... I enjoyed it, but it is extremely hard to find a job depending on you skills and experience. I went to the UTI Orlando site, very very very busy area. Apartments aren't hard to find/ houses either. School wise though, You go in depending on what you wanna take elective wise. You'll start with an entry-level class to teach you about types of engines, how to math em out, types of lubrication. There will be many folks in your classes that talk mad shit about things they know and "have done", but I had previous engine knowledge and it actually gave me more insight on engine building. Some of the other classes aren't as interesting, but they are all very helpful... Even if you don't go there for a career, just for your own personal gain. Plus you can go back a retake some classes to "re-connect" with forgotten shit.. hit me up if you wanna know anything more about it..

2003Accord
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Where to start. I currently go to the NTI in Mooresville. I think its a waste of money. Most of the instructors act like they know every little thing about every car. The work they let you do sucks. I feel like I pay 30k for a high school style elective for auto class. the only way I see for somebody to go there, is if you really want to work on cars, but don't know where to start or haven't had any experience.