PDA

View Full Version : whats the best motor for your money?

Schugg
11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
i have a friend who has an LS and he will sell it to me for 600 (a good deal from what i know of, i will get motor, tranny, wiring harness and ECU) probably even less if i give him my motor. i was planning on just waiting and getting a GSR but im probably going to regret not buying this if i dont. so im just checking.

RandomGuy
11-17-2005, 07:10 PM
sr20det, $1200 w/ tranny

lol

Sleepin Hatch
11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
save and get a gsr

tell him i got 500 on it =)

Negrodamus
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
not a bad deal at all

93H22ACX
11-17-2005, 09:29 PM
if you dont buy it let me know :D

if you buy it and want vtec... do lsvtec

4dmin
11-17-2005, 10:02 PM
just boost your ex and call it a day... more power on a cheaper power plant :D

Schugg
11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
chances are if i do it im going to put a vtec head on it. 600 is a good deal, but thats one of those deals where only me and this one other person can get it. also what kind of mileage does a ls or ls/vtec get??

IntegraXTR
11-18-2005, 10:21 AM
chances are if i do it im going to put a vtec head on it. 600 is a good deal, but thats one of those deals where only me and this one other person can get it. also what kind of mileage does a ls or ls/vtec get??

first off thats a great deal and you can always convert it later down the road for cheaper than a GSR....second what kind of milege all depends on how you drive and maintain the motor...i.e. oil changes, tune ups, basically maintaining it. LS/VTEC is not a everyday motor that you can rag on like a SI or high rev with it unless its built for it. I would just buy the LS and see how that works for you then go from there.

Schugg
11-18-2005, 12:11 PM
first off thats a great deal and you can always convert it later down the road for cheaper than a GSR....second what kind of milege all depends on how you drive and maintain the motor...i.e. oil changes, tune ups, basically maintaining it. LS/VTEC is not a everyday motor that you can rag on like a SI or high rev with it unless its built for it. I would just buy the LS and see how that works for you then go from there.

yah, i will almost never be ragging on it, its just going to be a normal driving car. ill get a vtec head later but for now ill just leave the motor how it is. he dropped it down to $375 for me. and if i wouldnt have bought it for that much i would just be a bigggg dumbass. all i have to do is go get some axles, and some other thing, that i can buy from work for cheap and im ready. ill probably be getting all new gaskets too. he made it realllly low because our dumbass friend was trying to be cool and ended up side swiping his girlfriends moms car, so he is fixing it.

IntegraXTR
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
sounds like a steal man, jump on it

YokotaS13
11-18-2005, 01:22 PM
i have a friend who has an LS and he will sell it to me for 600 (a good deal from what i know of, i will get motor, tranny, wiring harness and ECU) probably even less if i give him my motor. i was planning on just waiting and getting a GSR but im probably going to regret not buying this if i dont. so im just checking.
4g63