PDA

View Full Version : Misc relocating to atlanta

mr.koupe
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
I will be shopping for a place to live in atlanta and I need some opinions on a nicer rural area in or around atlanta to live, apartments or houses doesn't matter, I have around 900 to spend on rent a month just to give you an idea on what I'm working with $ wise. thanks in advance. :goodjob:

KlassAct_EJ6
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I will be shopping for a place to live in atlanta and I need some opinions on a nicer rural area in or around atlanta to live, apartments or houses doesn't matter, I have around 900 to spend on rent a month just to give you an idea on what I'm working with $ wise. thanks in advance. :goodjob:

$900 isn't a bad chunk of money to deal with. You can find a lot of apartments around the Atlanta area for that price or cheaper. I'm not sure I can give you a well-rounded answer of where to go for affordable housing, but I have lived in North Druid Hills, Smyrna, downtown, and Marietta while I was in Atlanta and those places would be a good place to start in my opinion when it comes to your budget. Now some other people can put their 2 cents on location and prices but I'm just giving you the best answer I can based on where I am familiar. Also, check out those areas on Apartments.com to get a good idea. Good luck on your search man.

Nerdsrock22
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I'd check Palmetto. Within 20 minutes from the city and rent will be cheaper than anywhere else.

afterfire
03-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I live in what you would call a "rural" area. I'm about 45 min outside Atlanta, so its not so far that it's annoying to get there yet you can keep away from the ridiculous traffic around the city out here. Plus I own a house and my mortgage is only $750.

RBS
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
i used to have my own apartment in Midtown Atlanta (close to Virginia Highlands), its not like the fancier new apartments that have been built recently but the apartments/homes around Midtown are quite nice. I paid 600 for rent and after ALL bills and weekly gas close to 900 bucks a month - food. IMO very nice ... but i came from Forest Park so yeah ..

Firefightin_tC
03-07-2011, 03:19 PM
i used to have my own apartment in Midtown Atlanta (close to Virginia Highlands), its not like the fancier new apartments that have been built recently but the apartments/homes around Midtown are quite nice. I paid 600 for rent and after ALL bills and weekly gas close to 900 bucks a month - food. IMO very nice ... but i came from Forest Park so yeah ..

And coming from Forest Park, you can only go up from there...

...unless you move to Riverdale.

quickdodgeŽ
03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
The best thing about relocating to Atlanta is relocating back out of there. Later, QD.

Bacon
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
The best thing about relocating to Atlanta is relocating back out of there. Later, QD.

LOL

I have an apartment in McDonough and I pay $893 for a 1300 square foot two bed/two bath and a garage. I don't think there are anymore available though.

afterfire
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
An apartment for 8 and 900 dollars is insane right now. I bought a 3bed/2bath 2 car garage that's 1700sqft and I only pay $740 month. There has got to be some cheaper places out there.