PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Emissions Test Question.

Got Milk?
01-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey guys, how are you. I'm doing fine.

Well here is my situation.

Other day I failed emission, everything passed but a fucking visual. He got under the car and saw NO CAT. So i have till this saturday to register my car and pass emissions. Well my question is, with this state emergency, I can't really go anywhere to get a cat, or redo my emissions by saturday. WTF am i supposed to do? What if i dont register by Saturday...? I know they have penalties, not sure what the penalties are... But is there any excuse why i didnt manage to fix it and register even if the state is in emergency status.

David88vert
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Go to a different booth.

Got Milk?
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
hmmmm?

Scotsman
01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Go to a different booth.yep , thats what i'd do

Destineal
01-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Since when have they looked under the car in GA

Got Milk?
01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
What did he mean by another boot? Did he mean another testing place? If so, won't they see that I failed on the cat, and will look again and see i dont have the cat..... i already went to another place. he failed me too.

David88vert
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, another testing place. There are plenty of them that aren't going to look. I've never had them actually look for mine on any car.

msanch24
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
penalties are a few bucks. 20-30 bucks. my best bet would be to find a friend with an oe exhaust, put it on and get it tested. or find a junkyard exhaust. if your current exhaust is welded in though, youre in a bad spot.

keevo54
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
once they look and realize u dont have a cat every other place u take ur car has to look.

KevinT707
01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
C'mon guys, stop telling him to go to another "booth" aka testing center. It's not logical to keep paying $15-20 each time to gamble if the inspector will check for cats or not. Sheesh ..

donmuse34
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Not every county in GA has emissions... Do you have family in one of those counties? Use their address & register the car there. I register my cars in FL... no emissions.

blackshine007
01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I have a dummy converter that I run on my car 10/12 months of the year. When I wanna actually pass emissions, I reinstall the actual converter. Next time you get the chance, run a dummy converter so you won't have an issue.

videoman06
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
1. Find an old cat.
2. Take off the heat shields around the cat.
3. Mount heat shields somewhere on your exhaust.
4. Profit????

hondawhore
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
What year is the car? And honestly if you have a girlfriend or wife or mom or dad write them a bill of sell and when they go to the tag office to get the title in there name make sure you tell them it has a diesle motor in it.. tell them you bought it like that someone swaped it out.. then you would never have to get a emmisions ever again. it would be titled as diesle and they would never ask.. Hope that helps

msanch24
01-16-2011, 03:33 PM
What year is the car? And honestly if you have a girlfriend or wife or mom or dad write them a bill of sell and when they go to the tag office to get the title in there name make sure you tell them it has a diesle motor in it.. tell them you bought it like that someone swaped it out.. then you would never have to get a emmisions ever again. it would be titled as diesle and they would never ask.. Hope that helps

Thats sounds HIGHLY illegal and SUPER hit or miss.

1.8literfoo
02-11-2011, 08:58 AM

haha good luck wit that.