PDA

View Full Version : I'm Moving to Kansas

VooDooXII
01-06-2011, 12:42 AM
I got into Kansas State University! Sort of a big deal for me after my Georgia Tech fiasco. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it just yet, but maybe it hasn't hit me. I'm sort of excited for the "Kansas State" part, but not so much for the "State of Kansas" part...haha make sense? I'm looking forward to finishing college, meeting some new people, and the inevitable good times. I know it's going to take some getting used to though just because the place is like nothing I'm used to. For example, as soon as you leave any city this is all you see for two hours.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs762.ash1/165370_727617791079_12821456_39289594_2533669_n.jp g

That said, who here has any history/experience with Kansas? What's it like? I know I'll find out soon enough, but I'd appreciate a preview!

nreggie454
01-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Hope you like drinkin' and cow tippin' because there ain't shit else to do in Kansas.

Actually the national headquarters for the SCCA is in Topeka, and there is a good bit of SCCA events in Kansas if you are into that. Not to mention the close proximity to the Rockies if you get the chance.

98blackcivic
01-06-2011, 07:34 AM
yea i hear they have serious car scene out there too....u'll fit right in..

Subleg4
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Im in Kansas right now for work and I must say, if I never had to come back to this god forsaken place again before I die, that would just be alright with me.

But congrats on the college part, you gotta take the good with the bad sometimes, Im staying in Laurence right now where KU is and was in Topeka yesterday.

Logan
01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I must ask, what happened with Georgia Tech?

CaTcH22
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Hope you like drinkin' and cow tippin' because there ain't shit else to do in Kansas.

Actually the national headquarters for the SCCA is in Topeka, and there is a good bit of SCCA events in Kansas if you are into that. Not to mention the close proximity to the Rockies if you get the chance.

Kansas can make some killer tornados you can play in. :goodjob: Have fun with that mess..... lol

EG_Ryder
01-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I went to Kansas for a funeral a good while back and had to ride from Wichita to Liberal and that was one of the worst vacation of my life. I really hope you have AC in your car cause you will need it! The wind is not cool when its hot there, its more like someone is holding a hair dryer close to your face. And the miles and miles of nothingness is no bueno also. They call Kansas "God's Country" but i do believe if God made his own country there would be at least one fucking tree in the whole state! lol. The only good thing i seen about kansas was just outside of Liveral there was a slaughter house (which made the whole city smell like death) but every night we got to eat fresh beef lol

5speed
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Supposed to be a good school. Atleast you have lots of drag racing spots, lol

Scotsman
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
congrats bub , best of luck to ya out there

blcksi
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
The coolest thing about Kansas is the Rocky mountains in Colorado are only 7 hours away. I lived in Wichita for 1 year and every 3 day weekend I had we headed out to Colorado to see pikes peak, some white knuckle highway thing, garden of the gods, 7 spings and a bunch of others. You think these mountains out here are cool, they make them look like a joke.

The summers suck cuz its hot and windy, windy all the freaking time. But you will def learn what they refer to as dry heat. I remember working on the car in 105 degree weather in jeans and a t shirt and not sweating, but being irritated by the constant fucking wind.

The winters suck, I remember them being cold as hell with crazy freezing rain sometimes over 1/4 inch thick over your whole car.

Oh, yeah check out the largest ball of twine from national lampoons vacation and the geographical center of the US, kinda like keys southernmost point but not nearly as cool. Oh yeah say good bye to the trees cuz there are hardly any out there.

Hope that helps some.

cactusEG
01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Damn son u just moved back from TX a couple of years ago and now this lol jk Congrats man, live it up out there.

big mac
01-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Lol i go back in forth to garden city kansas and i must say its pretty cool akd chill and the car and street racing scene is not to big but very serious

VooDooXII
01-10-2011, 04:34 AM
I was curious about the car scene out here...didn't know if there was one to speak of, but yea Topeka is less than an hour away. I'll have to check that out. Right now there are a few inches of snow on the ground, but my friends are telling me it's the same back in Atlanta, haha. I just found out that one of my good friends goes to school in Colorado Springs, so I'm going to pay him a visit on a long weekend sometime. Manhattan, where K-State is, is a typical college town so I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy my off-time. I've got some family in Lawrence too so I'm not completely alone. I'm still getting used to the vast expanse of nothing all around the town though...haha all of this after coming from cities/suburbs.

As for Georgia Tech; I went there because my parents pushed me towards engineering. It made sense because I liked cars a lot, but my strengths in math and science were limited. I kicked ass in my English, Political Science, and Psychology classes...pretty much any class that involved writing. I thought about switching programs, but my parents weren't okay with this and at that point I didn't know it was okay to disagree with them. They grew up and studied in India, and most Indian people are very math/science driven because that's all they really ever do over there. It was really difficult for my parents to understand that you can do something with a degree in any liberal arts. Anyway back to Tech...I stayed there for longer than I should have and my GPA took a dive. I was academically dismissed twice, so I joined up at GPC, brought my grades up and really thought about what I wanted to do. I did pretty well at GPC, but as good as those grades were, they weren't enough to make up for my Georgia Tech GPA. Almost all colleges rejected my application based on my grades, however Kansas State offered me a sort of conditional acceptance. I had to e-mail the Dean explaining my academic history, and this semester I have to make a certain GPA which guarantees me a spot in their journalism program, which is actually pretty good.

I never thought I'd end up in Kansas for anything, but I'm glad I managed to pull this off.

Hicaamums
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
is masturbating good for women known benefit for disabled veterans nude male natural bisexual kimber james shemale (http://shemorevidz.com/) cochise county mug shots woman dating short man tips

collins
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
^are you kidding? bye bye.

Theycall_Metue
01-16-2011, 11:57 PM
holy shit. hope your car is well maintained. i would be scare as fuck if i was stranded on them kind of roads.
picture looks like something from a horror movie

VooDooXII
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
holy shit. hope your car is well maintained. i would be scare as fuck if i was stranded on them kind of roads.
picture looks like something from a horror movie

Haha yea man I'm good, plus with the amount of farmers out here diesel fuel is pretty easy to find!

collins
01-17-2011, 12:42 AM
oh yeah, forgot to say in my farewell to the spambot post...

congrats on getting back in school homie! stick it out there for a couple years then go where the hell you wanna go!

wanggsticky
01-18-2011, 12:04 AM
congrats, i know a real cool professor there but she only teaches future principles of highschools

VooDooXII
01-18-2011, 02:17 AM
oh yeah, forgot to say in my farewell to the spambot post...

congrats on getting back in school homie! stick it out there for a couple years then go where the hell you wanna go!

Appreciate that man! Today was the first day I actually felt a little homesick, but classes start tomorrow and I'm sure I'll make some friends. I've gone out around the town and checked out the bars...people are all really cool and nice. I'm gonna make the most of it!

stephanie
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
good luck!

VooDooXII
04-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Damnnnnnnnnnnnn you guys were right. Ain't shit to do out here except tip cows and drink............and I haven't tipped any cows yet.

ShooterMcGavin
04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
what happened w/you at tech?

i was just in kc, cool town, power & light district was pretty awesome.

Tech5
04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
JUST DON'T DROP THE SOAP WHILE YOU'RE THERE!