PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turboed lsv help!!!! why is it running like shit?

jap_racer1
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
ok this is the same exact setup same ecu same injectors same everything i had in my car in the beginning and it ran fine but i cracked a sleeve which is a stock lsv boosted
i rebuilt this motor as of now it has around 400-500 miles on it the first day i cranked it up it idled a lil rough but fine at around 1000 then u rev it and after 1/8 throttle it starts running on 3 cylinders or missfiring really bad
i have new cap new plugs new rotor button such forth so on
i changed the fuel injectors around and it ran perfect for about a full day then slowly dropped again and now its back to running like shit any ideas

if i drive it and barely throttle it does ok revs up fine but once i start pushing the pedal down more it starts running on three cylinders i have no idea wtf it is and im about tired of messing with it im looking for ideas people!

joshk5145
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
My car did something like that a while back. One of my grounds came loose. It was still connected but would wouldn't pull the car into the higher rpm range. Does your car have any kind of tune at all?

Bacon
01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Timing, dizzy, grounds, ignition......check those first.

RBS
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
either timing is wrong, ecu is going bad, injector is going bad, or CYP sensor is going bad. does it have a CEL?

x_doug_x
01-05-2011, 09:13 PM
check the ecu ground on the thermostat housing and get back to us.

jap_racer1
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
ground is tight already made sure of that i mean everything is the same there rc injectors and there are no check engine lights

x_doug_x
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
if your plug wires are all rite, same ecu, grounds are good, injectors are good, timing is rite, cap/rotor are good, ecu is good, no air leaks, same fuel pump.

i'd be willing to bet your valves are too tight and need adjusted. do a compression test.

j0nbunklah0m
01-07-2011, 01:59 AM
maybe change ur fuel filter too

SPOOLIN
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
if it was mechanical it would do it all the time. have you changed the dizzy? they can go bad without warning, at any moment.

jap_racer1
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM
ok i did another compression check and its all under 120 im praying a valve adjustment but i think i washed the rings! so i guess all i can say is FUCK!!!

SPOOLIN
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
washed rings? Man ive hydrolocked engines on fuel and never "washed" rings.

jap_racer1
01-09-2011, 10:07 AM
i never have washed rings before either its stock ls pistons on stock shot peened rods with npr rings clevite bearings because acl are outta stock worldwide it was honed and has a block guard installed so idk this head has been on 3 motors and it was decked before put on this one also. so idk the rings were seated right i always put oil on the cylinder walls before installation im just more lost than a fat kid in an organic vegetarian restaraunt!

jap_racer1
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
it was all in the head took the head off finally and put water in the ports and all the intake were leaking so that was the problem