PDA

View Full Version : 94 Teg Cuts off While driving.

ReckLessDC5
01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey can anybody help with this..

I just had a new LS B18b1 slipped back into my teg a few days ago... Bought from (Dekalb Auto Salvage)

I brought a couple parts that it needed from members of IA.com, but here's my issue.

1. The Dizzy i bought was faulty as hell, and i'm not sure how long it has left..
2. The My Cars been sitting in the garrage for almost A year with a full tank of gas in it.
3. While i'm driving on the E-Way, The car will just go dead as if my alternator gave out and i had no battery in it. (Alt was also bought from a Member of IA.com), i also put a new battery into her...
When i stop for a few minutes on the side of the road and check everything out. i get back in the car and start her up, she hesitates when she tries to start and if the starter was going bad, and / or if she has no fuel in the tank.
But once she starts she's good to go...

My boys at the shop are telling me it could be my Dizzy, Starter and/or Fuel Pump.

But whats crazy is it happens while it's raining more then it does when it's dry outside.

redneckhatch
01-02-2011, 11:20 AM
It's most likely the dizzy one of my buddies just had the same problem a few days ago. So he just got a new dizzy and that was the problem.

Cynical 1
01-02-2011, 12:15 PM
x2 on the dizzy. that is why it is worse in the wet.

ReckLessDC5
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
ok ok ok.. apreciate it guys...antbody gotta good dizzy for sale, if not if you know someone who does, just send em my way.. once again thanks guys...
also can i have a lil rep power.... trying to get to the point where i can sell misc B18c1 parts

wanggsticky
01-02-2011, 02:50 PM
it could also be a ground

ReckLessDC5
01-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Naah everything is grounded.... Like i said, i can start it up, i can drive it for a while, but next thing you know. bam, Engine shut's off. all lights come on. i'll wait for a lil while then crank her right back up..,

gsrcivic
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
ok ok ok.. apreciate it guys...antbody gotta good dizzy for sale, if not if you know someone who does, just send em my way.. once again thanks guys...
also can i have a lil rep power.... trying to get to the point where i can sell misc B18c1 parts

yea acura or a auto parts not trying to b an ass but some shit u gotta do right its 95% the dizzy but if ur car sat for a year i would throw a bottle of gas treatment with a full tank run it out replace the fuel filter and run another bottle of gas treatment...walmart sells stp treatment for like 4 bucks for 3 bottles

blown_ss
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
yea acura or a auto parts not trying to b an ass but some shit u gotta do right its 95% the dizzy but if ur car sat for a year i would throw a bottle of gas treatment with a full tank run it out replace the fuel filter and run another bottle of gas treatment...walmart sells stp treatment for like 4 bucks for 3 bottles

yeah i would do something about the gas because it may cause a problem later down the road.

Romeo
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I'd def. lean toward the coil or some component within the distributor.

mitch lab
01-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Go get the car check out before buying parts that you don't need

gsrcivic
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Go get the car check out before buying parts that you don't need

anybody that has a b series im sure has had this problem simple stuff dont need to be check out if u know what ur talking about

Black4DrEK
01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Ignition switch

gsrcivic
01-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Ignition switch

if it is this itll get to where he has to hold the key in the on postion lol

RBS
01-03-2011, 08:49 AM
the Ignition Control Module, inside the dizzy. a 20 dollar part, even cheaper with a discount

mitch lab
01-03-2011, 10:18 AM
anybody that has a b series im sure has had this problem simple stuff dont need to be check out if u know what ur talking about

What everyone is suggesting might be the problem. But it might also be the CKP/TDC/CYP sensors that are inside. Might also be the dizzy plug, if the wires are corroded. Distributor can be rebuilt. Like I was saying before going out and buying parts and wasting money, get it check out if your not familar with it.

I fix these problem all the time, mainly for customer.

ReckLessDC5
01-03-2011, 07:01 PM
thanks fellas...
For the guy who sais don't waste money buying parts i don't need.. (well i can always go out an impound some poor guys car for reckless driving, with no insurance and no registration) and use his car for parts....lmao but that would be f*ed up...

But seriously, as i was driving to work today, i had no problems out of her at all. i'm getting ready anyway on the 14th to just go ahead and put a B18c1 in her, but B4 i do that, i have another problem that i forgot all about..

My clutch master cylinder fluid keeds disappearing. but i can't trace a leak or anything. I looked underneath the driver side carpet, i looked at the cluth slave itself, and it's not greasy underneath the Master cylinder. with that being said, i looke in other forums about this, but it seems like i'm the only person to have this problem...

i know i flushed the system 3 times and everytime i flush it, after 3 days of driving, my fluid is all gone and my pedal touches the floor board and i have no pressure to bring the pedal back up...

What do you guys think about that, should i change the Master cylinder or should i change the line. i don't think it's the slave because this is another one i just got put onto this motor, and the last one i had with my other motor did the same thing....

ReckLessDC5
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
hey fellas, also can you alladd to my rep power.. need improvement bad.. need to start selling misc parts i got from an ITR

Black4DrEK
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
if it is this itll get to where he has to hold the key in the on postion lol

Not exactly.. Different things happend all the time.. ITS NOT ALWAYS YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP YOUR KEY ON POSITION. TRUST ME

gsrcivic
01-04-2011, 12:34 AM
What everyone is suggesting might be the problem. But it might also be the CKP/TDC/CYP sensors that are inside. Might also be the dizzy plug, if the wires are corroded. Distributor can be rebuilt. Like I was saying before going out and buying parts and wasting money, get it check out if your not familar with it.

I fix these problem all the time, mainly for customer.

ur right i could be alot of stuff we dont waste our $ on rebuilding shit where i live...buy it new and put it on...and ur right not everyone has the ablilty to work out the problems in there cars but as im sure u know and i know as well us technicians aint cheap these days...

Not exactly.. Different things happend all the time.. ITS NOT ALWAYS YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP YOUR KEY ON POSITION. TRUST ME

true...and trust me i know its not ALWAYS bro ive seen plenty of problems and have had to do PLENTY of problem sloving through school... not most people can fix a detroit one day and have the teach mess with it so u have more problems the next

Cynical 1
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
hey fellas, also can you alladd to my rep power.. need improvement bad.. need to start selling misc parts i got from an ITR

haha - you gotta earn that stuff...

or, pay the $10 seller fee and sell all day long...

as far as your clutch pedal, it is likely the slave - down on the trans itself. fluid is either squirting into the trans, or dripping off (why you can't see it). plus, it's only $20. and you can use it on your swap as well...

Scotsman
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM

as far as your clutch pedal, it is likely the slave - down on the trans itself. fluid is either squirting into the trans, or dripping off (why you can't see it). plus, it's only $20. and you can use it on your swap as well...check your floorboard for wet spots down by the pedals

ReckLessDC5
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM

as far as your clutch pedal, it is likely the slave - down on the trans itself. fluid is either squirting into the trans, or dripping off (why you can't see it). plus, it's only $20. and you can use it on your swap as well...

so your saying both slaves were bad and doing the same thing? i had that thought in mind that it was dripping into the trans, but i didn't think i'de have the same problem from a different slave you know...

ReckLessDC5
01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Done that along time ago

Cynical 1
01-05-2011, 12:34 PM
so your saying both slaves were bad and doing the same thing? i had that thought in mind that it was dripping into the trans, but i didn't think i'de have the same problem from a different slave you know...

didn't see you replaced the slave before.

i doubt you would have 2 bad ones in a row. check by the pedals on the floor as Scotsman said... if it is wet/moist, it's the master leaking...

have you looked at the reservoir on the master for leaks?

Go_Fast
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
My clutch master cylinder fluid keeds disappearing. but i can't trace a leak or anything. I looked underneath the driver side carpet, i looked at the cluth slave itself, and it's not greasy underneath the Master cylinder. with that being said, i looke in other forums about this, but it seems like i'm the only person to have this problem...

i know i flushed the system 3 times and everytime i flush it, after 3 days of driving, my fluid is all gone and my pedal touches the floor board and i have no pressure to bring the pedal back up...

What do you guys think about that, should i change the Master cylinder or should i change the line. i don't think it's the slave because this is another one i just got put onto this motor, and the last one i had with my other motor did the same thing....

i'm not a professional but it sounds like your clutch master cylinder. mine went bad a couple months ago and when it did there wasnt any fluid anywhere at all...just stopped working one day. problem was solved after i replaced it.

ReckLessDC5
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
i'm not a professional but it sounds like your clutch master cylinder. mine went bad a couple months ago and when it did there wasnt any fluid anywhere at all...just stopped working one day. problem was solved after i replaced it.

didn't see you replaced the slave before.

i doubt you would have 2 bad ones in a row. check by the pedals on the floor as Scotsman said... if it is wet/moist, it's the master leaking...

have you looked at the reservoir on the master for leaks?

yea, i've done that when i first realized the problem... i even done that today just to make sure.. this sucks bro!!!

ReckLessDC5
01-05-2011, 11:38 PM

when you noticed that it was empty, where was it leaking at, because i can't find any liquid anywhere, not even at the Master cylinder or around the plastic housing or Hose lines.... it just magically dissapears... whats crazy though is, when i fil it back up, the fluid is black as shit, even after it drains it-self and after i flush (bleed) THE LINE... IT'S GETTING BETTER THOUGH...

Go_Fast
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
when you noticed that it was empty, where was it leaking at, because i can't find any liquid anywhere, not even at the Master cylinder or around the plastic housing or Hose lines.... it just magically dissapears... whats crazy though is, when i fil it back up, the fluid is black as shit, even after it drains it-self and after i flush (bleed) THE LINE... IT'S GETTING BETTER THOUGH...

when it went out it just stopped working one morning....the pedal just went down and didnt get back up. the reservoir was full and didnt drip fluid anywhere while my car sat in my garage for a week. after i replaced it i had to fill it up a couple times but its been fine ever since.

ReckLessDC5
01-07-2011, 10:00 AM
when it went out it just stopped working one morning....the pedal just went down and didnt get back up. the reservoir was full and didnt drip fluid anywhere while my car sat in my garage for a week. after i replaced it i had to fill it up a couple times but its been fine ever since.

Ok, see mines, my liquid just disapears and my pedal goes all the way to the floor board.... i keep a bottle of brake fluid with me just incase now... lol...

ReckLessDC5
01-10-2011, 01:30 AM
OK, here we go again, SHE cut off on me agian today...
I installed the new Fuel Pump, thinking this would fix the problem. After installing the new Pump, i took it out in the sub-devision being that it was snowing and i could get some play time in doing donuts and drifting.. lol... anyway, after i finished playing i thought everything was ok with her until i pulled into my driveway and BAM!!! She cuts right off on me (after playing around for approximately 8 minutes) and the first light that apears on my dash is the check engine light... she took almost 7-8 minutes to start back up...
I Checked all Grounds, the Ground on the tranny, Engine head, and ground from the battery to the chassis.
#1 I Switched fuel pump, so i know it's not that....
#2 is to now check/replace the fuel filter,
#3 check/change the distributor
#4 Check/Change the Main Relay
#5 Check the ECU

if you guys got anymore idea's, LMK.