PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Lemon list!

Sinfix_15
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
List all notorious lemons and share any experiences you may have had with those cars. Dont turn it into a flame war. "240sx hahaha" i know its coming.

Jeep Grand Cherokee - Factory cooling system is garbage. They are an electrical nightmare.

Pontiac Grandam GT - Will randomly jump time and destroy the engine.

Nissan Maxima - economy performance, ferrari maintenance.

Cadillac Catera

Chevrolet Malibu

Ford Contour

Any nissan 240sx

quickdodgeŽ
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Pontiac Grandam GT - Will randomly jump time and destroy the engine.

Must have been a personal experience because I've had mine for 6 years and never had a problem. Later, QD.

silversol
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
lol there are good cars and bad cars of all makes and models. so a lemon list is just stupid imo.

quickdodgeŽ
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
lol there are good cars and bad cars of all makes and models. so a lemon list is just stupid imo.

I do agree with this. Unless this is to be a "personal lemon list." Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
12-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Must have been a personal experience because I've had mine for 6 years and never had a problem. Later, QD.

My mom had one back in 98, went thru 3 engines in a year. Something with the timing would always break and destroy the engine. Dealer installed each time.

to the above post, sometimes the "good car" breaks down and the "bad car" runs forever, thats still no reason to ignore the trends. Some people think Jeeps are amazing, doesnt change the fact that 90% of them are problematic. Every time i take my Jeep to the shop they say "yep, we fix these things all the time, theyre junk"

The Grandam issue they said was pretty common also. A lot of shops wanted nothing to do with the quad4.

i cant imagine someone honestly believing that lemons dont exist.

quickdodgeŽ
12-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Some people think Jeeps are amazing, doesnt change the fact that 90% of them are problematic.

Source? Later, QD.

David88vert
12-30-2010, 06:21 AM
My mom had one back in 98, went thru 3 engines in a year. Something with the timing would always break and destroy the engine. Dealer installed each time.
The Grandam issue they said was pretty common also.

I had a 98 Grand Am also. Had it for several years. Only issue was an ignition cylinder recall. Car worked fine then, and still runs fine now with a new owner, and has almost 200K miles on it now. So we have 2 board members with no trouble out of them, and one member with 3 engine changes per year - sounds like it might be that particular car/owner.

For the lemon list - has to be a 240sx. It is the only car that can take a perfectly normal guy, and turn him into a complete ricer each and every time (Simon says...).

silversol
12-30-2010, 09:41 AM

to the above post, sometimes the "good car" breaks down and the "bad car" runs forever, thats still no reason to ignore the trends. Some people think Jeeps are amazing, doesnt change the fact that 90% of them are problematic. Every time i take my Jeep to the shop they say "yep, we fix these things all the time, theyre junk"

The Grandam issue they said was pretty common also. A lot of shops wanted nothing to do with the quad4.

i cant imagine someone honestly believing that lemons dont exist.

hahah a 240 owner that does not ignore the trends, you dont say! I did not say ''lemons'' dont exist. I said there are good and bad cars of all makes and models. then there are some people who run the piss out of a car and do zero matinence and wonder why it blew up and say it must be a lemon.

And the jeep being "junk" is just stupid the 4.0 6cyl is one of the most reliable engines out there. the pontiac that went threw 3 engines in a year sounds like driver error to me. if i had a car that went threw 3 engines in a year that the dealer replaced under warrenty i would try my hardest to get out of that car.

as another memeber posted that has the same car with 200k on the car and i see countless other 98 grandamns daily. my point is if you have a problem with a certain model of car does that mean every other car the same make and model is a lemon? No and if you think that way your retarted.

Sammich
12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
maxima = fail transmissions

Sinfix_15
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
hahah a 240 owner that does not ignore the trends, you dont say! I did not say ''lemons'' dont exist. I said there are good and bad cars of all makes and models. then there are some people who run the piss out of a car and do zero matinence and wonder why it blew up and say it must be a lemon.

And the jeep being "junk" is just stupid the 4.0 6cyl is one of the most reliable engines out there. the pontiac that went threw 3 engines in a year sounds like driver error to me. if i had a car that went threw 3 engines in a year that the dealer replaced under warrenty i would try my hardest to get out of that car.

as another memeber posted that has the same car with 200k on the car and i see countless other 98 grandamns daily. my point is if you have a problem with a certain model of car does that mean every other car the same make and model is a lemon? No and if you think that way your retarted.

Doesnt matter how good the jeep 6 cylinder may be when they put a shitty cooling system in and every piece of electrical is garbage. Jeeps are notorious for overheating and computer problems. Its not just me, its 20523905802395823905829058290582905829058290528905 people.

Sinfix_15
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I had a 98 Grand Am also. Had it for several years. Only issue was an ignition cylinder recall. Car worked fine then, and still runs fine now with a new owner, and has almost 200K miles on it now. So we have 2 board members with no trouble out of them, and one member with 3 engine changes per year - sounds like it might be that particular car/owner.

For the lemon list - has to be a 240sx. It is the only car that can take a perfectly normal guy, and turn him into a complete ricer each and every time (Simon says...).

Grandam didnt even make the trip home from the shop. A driver that terrible doesnt exist. The car is junk.

silversol
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL where are you getting your info? personal experiences dont make every jeep or other car you list a "lemon''. shit happens to cars thats part of life. It does not matter what you drive if you own a car your going to have to mantain it and fix and replace things on it.

alpine_aw11
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Jeeps in the Chrysler era have a ton of electrical problems, everything on newer Cherokees/Wranglers will fall apart with the exception of the 4.0 of course.

quickdodgeŽ
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Source? Later, QD.

Doesnt matter how good the jeep 6 cylinder may be when they put a shitty cooling system in and every piece of electrical is garbage. Jeeps are notorious for overheating and computer problems. Its not just me, its 20523905802395823905829058290582905829058290528905 people.

LOL where are you getting your info?

Evidently, only he is privy to these "facts." Later, QD.

David88vert
12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
A driver that terrible doesnt exist.

Evidently, we found one - or rather, you did.

Mine ran fine, with zero issues, and I see plenty of them on the road still.

quickdodgeŽ
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Evidently, we found one - or rather, you did.

Mine ran fine, with zero issues, and I see plenty of them on the road still.

You can't turn around without seeing a GA on the road. Later, QD.

Catnip
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
New Chargers/Magnums/300s, Envoys/Trailblazers, Neons/Stratus/Sebrings, etc all seems to be extremely shitty. lol

Also have seen a lot of snapped control arms on late model Jeep Grand Cherokees when most other vehicles would've just bent.

Just my opinion that's been made from working at a body shop that gets a LOT of business.
*cough*womencan'tdrivethread>lemonlist*cough*

Sinfix_15
12-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Jeeps in the Chrysler era have a ton of electrical problems, everything on newer Cherokees/Wranglers will fall apart with the exception of the 4.0 of course.

Clearly all the Jeep owners just sabotage their own vehicles. QD could get a million miles out of one.

Sinfix_15
12-31-2010, 01:36 AM
WTS Jeep Grand Cherokee!!! Excellent condition! Electrical and cooling problems are a myth and should go away once the vehicle is out of my possession!

Catnip
12-31-2010, 01:37 AM
240s are perfect vehicles. I haven't had a single problem from mine. They're obviously good cars because of this.

quickdodgeŽ
12-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Clearly all the Jeep owners just sabotage their own vehicles. QD could get a million miles out of one.

I only asked for back up of your claims that it is "fact" that these cars are lemons. You're the one dodging bullets. Can't make me look foolish. Later, QD.

Starrfire
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Oldsmobile Alero's. My gf has a 2000 model and it has every symptomatic recall failure out there.
1. Dash wrinkles up and the vinyl peels from the middle front of the dash.
2. Gm's 3400 engine is goblin cock. The design of the Intake manifold gasket leads to leaks as soon as 30k miles and replacing it doesn't mean it won't leak again. Just poor design.
3. Electrical problems from the guages won't work nor will the ac sometimes.
4. The rear seat fell apart for no reason and nobody ever sits back there nor is anything set on them.
5. The transmission is shit because every few times I drive it it wants to run at close to 2k rpms and the transmission shifts funny and it accelerates without the use of the pedal. Which this problem may fall under electrical as well because sometimes cutting the car off and then back on fixes this.

Either way the Oldsmobile Alero is an undeniable lemon judging from the long list of factory recalls. But this also says a lot from it being a very close cousin of the Pontiac Grand Am.

Sinfix_15
12-31-2010, 11:04 AM
I only asked for back up of your claims that it is "fact" that these cars are lemons. You're the one dodging bullets. Can't make me look foolish. Later, QD.

Call every shop in the phone book. Google search Jeep problems and read thru the million complaint threads. Word of mouth supports my claim. Some things are true, even if there's no legal document showing it. What kind of proof do you even want? I'll give you number to my mechanic who says he sees the same problems with Jeeps all day everyday. The tow truck who pulled my Jeep to that mechanic who said he tows Jeeps all day everyday. The opinion of Jeeps is pretty much the same across the board.... " the engines are great, shame everything else about them ruins it"

silversol
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Call every shop in the phone book. Google search Jeep problems and read thru the million complaint threads. Word of mouth supports my claim. Some things are true, even if there's no legal document showing it. What kind of proof do you even want? I'll give you number to my mechanic who says he sees the same problems with Jeeps all day everyday. The tow truck who pulled my Jeep to that mechanic who said he tows Jeeps all day everyday. The opinion of Jeeps is pretty much the same across the board.... " the engines are great, shame everything else about them ruins it"

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

msanch24
12-31-2010, 11:55 AM
does OP even know the meaning of a lemon? There isnt any one make or model that is labeled a "lemon" (maybe the yugo, but whatever). A lemon is a specific car with a specific vin that has been labeled a lemon because of premature failure of parts that usually dont go bad on that car. For instance, a friend of mine has a 350z that had an injector go bad after 4k miles. They labeled it a lemon, replaced the motor, and gave him a 10 year 100k mile warranty. This was never actually a lemon list. if it was, it would include vins of specific cars youve owned warning other drivers not to buy them. What youre doing here is just bashing certain makes and models, with little success.

Sinfix_15
12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

yeah, every owner, shop owner, mechanic, dealership, insurance company has an opinion of which cars are shit.

quickdodgeŽ
12-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Lolol. In other words, no proof? Just opinions? Nothing wrong with opinions, dude. Later, QD.

silversol
12-31-2010, 05:14 PM
yeah, every owner, shop owner, mechanic, dealership, insurance company has an opinion of which cars are shit.

And everyone has a diffrent opinion.

Sinfix_15
12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Lolol. In other words, no proof? Just opinions? Nothing wrong with opinions, dude. Later, QD.

clarify what you would call proof?

Bacon
12-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Chrysler Pacifica V6 models have been known to have valve train failure around 30K miles. We have already had to replace the "Power Transfer Unit" ( transfer case for the ones that don't know ) and that was at around 60K miles. Known problems with these particular cars but it doesn't make it a lemon.

antiv6
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
My parents have a 99 grand am gt that is perfectly reliable, the only issues so far were the window motors, car was bought new and now has around 77k miles, it still runs like new. It may not be a ton of miles but its enough to tell its a good car.

msanch24
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
OP- you just gonna keep ignoring people?

1MP0RTL0V3R
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
i wouldn't say the jeep is a bad car, my mom drives one and we have never had any cooling problem or electrical and we have owned this for 5+ years, and its made about 3 trips to Guatemala and back with zero issues.

alpine_aw11
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
i wouldn't say the jeep is a bad car, my mom drives one and we have never had any cooling problem or electrical and we have owned this for 5+ years, and its made about 3 trips to Guatemala and back with zero issues.

Sometimes shit works, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the Jeeps I know, however, have a significant amount of problems during their lifetime.

Aeroscout977
01-02-2011, 10:26 PM
My 93 Dodge Stealth ES was a POS.