PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Car Sellers Are Assholes

djpikachu1
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
This is not the first time this has happened, but other similiar sellers have done the same thing. So I call this guy about his civic that he has posted for sale in Stockbridge. He only posted 2 pics of the car, one of the front of the car and the other of the passenger side of the car. I call the guy up asking questions like the title, condition, accidents, and what not. I asked him if he could send me a pic of the interior and back side of the car. He got mad and raised his voice saying "You know what, I'm just wasting my time and mins. with you, either your going to buy the car or not!" So I looked at my phone and had a wtf look and hanged up. The guy is only asking $800 for the car and I dont want to drive all the way to stockbridge and not buy the car. I guess thats craigslists sellers:???:

STRteg
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
probably best just not to buy from a seller like that

MistaCee
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Even though I don't condone his behavior, some of the buyers off craigslist can get annoying.

Sammich
12-29-2010, 02:28 PM
i agree^

silversol
12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Even though I don't condone his behavior, some of the buyers off craigslist can get annoying.

I agree. its a 800$ civic and he has probably had 7986486094 stupid calls like i get on a daily basis. I think his point was why dont you just come look at it yourself. I have learned the people that call asking for more pics and ask a million questions are the people that are just wasting your time. The people that call and want to come look at the car are the people who are serious.

silversol
12-29-2010, 04:40 PM
The calls he has got from broke people probably goes as followed.

1st call, DO you have all the mantenence records? are the tires new? will you take 300$ cash?

2nd call, will you trade it for a xbox and my skatebored?

3rd call, can you take pics spending a hour of your time takeing a pic of every inch of the car to save me a 20 min drive to just come look at it?

4th call, Is there any thing wrong with this 800$ civic? Is all the mainence current? Is the paint perfect on this 800$ civic. can I take it to my mechanic and will you take 200$cash????

5thcall, will you trade it for a even bigger piece of shit then your 800$ civic?

6th call, will you trade it for magic beans????

7th call, Im calling about your 800$ civic, whats the lowest you will go on your already stupid cheap civic

8th call, will you trade it for my 85 yugo with 400k miles and you add cash on top?

9th call, WHATS THE LOWEST YOU WILL GO ON YOUR STUPID CHEAP CIVIC?

10th call, will you take 50$ and give me a 1 year warrenty?

11th call, HOW MUCH JUST FOR THE SHELL? meaning will you spend a day pulling the motor and trans and then give me the shell for next to nothing. becas aww come on man its just a shell that every kid on ia wants but cant afford.

the list goes on and on I know how a seller can go from friendly. To annoyed with people very quick!

djpikachu1
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I agree. its a 800$ civic and he has probably had 7986486094 stupid calls like i get on a daily basis. I think his point was why dont you just come look at it yourself. I have learned the people that call asking for more pics and ask a million questions are the people that are just wasting your time. The people that call and want to come look at the car are the people who are serious.

I agree with you with your 1 and 2nd things you put, but i understand that i dont expect much for a $800 civic, but from my house to stockbridge is 40 mins. at the same time I feel that I wasnt asking anything stupid and I was serious, but of well, if anybody knows of a civic for $1200 96-00 let me know

silversol
12-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Good luck getting a 96-00 civic in one piece for 1200$ or less! That is part buying a car is leaving your house and looking 40 mins is not far to travel! I have gone to other states to look at buying a car and leaving empty handed pics can hide alot!

Got Milk?
12-29-2010, 11:18 PM
A lot of people flip cars over craiglist, so they are not conferrable with too many questions. I have few friends who flip cars for living. What they do is buy car today, have the seller sign the title. The next day they just flip it for few extra hundred bucks with the title signed from previous owner.

And silversol, well said my friend, well said.

Sinfix_15
12-30-2010, 02:12 AM
This is not the first time this has happened, but other similiar sellers have done the same thing. So I call this guy about his civic that he has posted for sale in Stockbridge. He only posted 2 pics of the car, one of the front of the car and the other of the passenger side of the car. I call the guy up asking questions like the title, condition, accidents, and what not. I asked him if he could send me a pic of the interior and back side of the car. He got mad and raised his voice saying "You know what, I'm just wasting my time and mins. with you, either your going to buy the car or not!" So I looked at my phone and had a wtf look and hanged up. The guy is only asking $800 for the car and I dont want to drive all the way to stockbridge and not buy the car. I guess thats craigslists sellers:???:

spam ruins craigslist, everytime you post something you get 500 spam emails, so its easy to get frustrated with it. I've had a couple good experiences with craigslist though.

Tech5
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Is it the red with dookies with POS HOOD and Black bumper body kit?

If so I know of that guy and he is a worthless POS!!!

BanginJimmy
12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I just called a guy about a car on craigs list. He answered my 4 or 5 questions easily and didnt sound like he was BSing. I will be going to take a look at it tomorrow.

djpikachu1
12-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Is it the red with dookies with POS HOOD and Black bumper body kit?

If so I know of that guy and he is a worthless POS!!!

Yeah its that civic i thought it would be a good project car for me because all i really need is the body because i got another motor to put in

AnthonyF
12-31-2010, 08:38 AM
It's probably stolen.

I have encountered many phone calls from my CL lists. Everyone is a cheap asshole and I will not budge. So I do tend to get pissed off at the people with the repetitive stupid questions.

-Ant.

antiv6
12-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Craigslist is full of buyers who are complete morons which ruins it for everyone. When I sell stuff people will text me and ask me to hold things till Friday, tell me they will buy it for sure and never call me back, ask a ton of questions then not buy it, or text me complete gibberish and slang which I don't even reply to. He was probably just frustrated from all the b.s. and was sick of answering tons of questions which on craigslist is a waste of time 99% of the time because people try and buy stuff they don't have enough money for, or they realize they are nowhere near where you are located even though its clearly stated in the post.

5spdfrk
12-31-2010, 01:49 PM
I have learned the people that call asking for more pics and ask a million questions are the people that are just wasting your time. The people that call and want to come look at the car are the people who are serious.

While true for an $800 civic, I am one who will ask a lot of questions and request more pics if I'm going to be bringing you several thousand in cash, especially if you live more than an hour from me. That's why when I post something for sale on here, CL, or anywhere, I post up every little thing I can think of and take a lot of pics of every part of the car from different angles and in good lighting. If you're selling a car on CL and all you post is "92 Civic for sale call Joe 404-555-1234" and use your cell phone pics that you took in the dark while it was raining with CL's crappy pixelated picture uploader, then expect me to ask for more info and pics before I waste my time and yours coming to see it.

5spdfrk has been known to HTML format his CL listings.

-EnVus-
12-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Me and my brother drove out 2 hours to carrolton yesterday to look at a truck off craigslist for $2500. The guy said it was good no issues and only had a pic of the front end. We get all the way out there and see the truck is beat to hell and back and wreaked with oil coming from every seal we was PISSED!

djpikachu1
12-31-2010, 02:16 PM
While true for an $800 civic, I am one who will ask a lot of questions and request more pics if I'm going to be bringing you several thousand in cash, especially if you live more than an hour from me. That's why when I post something for sale on here, CL, or anywhere, I post up every little thing I can think of and take a lot of pics of every part of the car from different angles and in good lighting. If you're selling a car on CL and all you post is "92 Civic for sale call Joe 404-555-1234" and use your cell phone pics that you took in the dark while it was raining with CL's crappy pixelated picture uploader, then expect me to ask for more info and pics before I waste my time and yours coming to see it.

Agreed and thank you someone understands

5spdfrk has been known to HTML format his CL listings.

Me and my brother drove out 2 hours to carrolton yesterday to look at a truck off craigslist for $2500. The guy said it was good no issues and only had a pic of the front end. We get all the way out there and see the truck is beat to hell and back and wreaked with oil coming from every seal we was PISSED!

You see what i mean , i have been in that same situation, i feel ya on that

5spdfrk
12-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I know 100% how you feel. I've looked at cars off CL for well over a year sorting through all the junk to find what I was looking for. Been there, done that, and will do it again. Just how it goes sometimes, especially on CL since it's free.

UpSideDownDesi
12-31-2010, 04:50 PM
100% correct that sellers act like dick when you call, but it all depends on how they are talking. If you know how to talk and know your shit you'll get the car. Seller probably got 100 calls before you asking same questions over and over. First thing you want to tell the seller is, "I got cash in hand for your asking price. If the car is as you say let me know where you want to meet. I just don't want any surprises when i see the car (try to get him/her closer to you or bit out of their way)." Then sneak in questions. Start with questions and u are just another caller. Leave the questions till you see the car. If car isn't as he said...you got negotiation room then. Compared to phone where you have zero room.

I have picked up cars from CL within hours of them being posted up, all the way Augusta and Savannah, and came back home happy with excellent cars. Sound serious, hit it hard, and make the deal. You snooze you loose.