PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Wangan Midnight Live Action Movie

Blaze_Cunnings
12-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Just found this recently...not sure if it is a repost...but there's a live action Wangan Midnight movie.

In my opinion it's a lot better than the Initial D live action movie with only a few differences...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwE15wZT7M

Jonathan12uiz
02-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Just found this recently...not sure if it is a repost...but there's a live action Wangan Midnight movie.

In my opinion it's a lot better than the Initial D live action movie with only a few differences...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwE15wZT7M

IMHO the initial D live action was HORRIBLE. LOL! it bored me to death. Maybe if I didn't watch the anime I would think the movie was ok... is this out out, or did you just find the trailer. This one looks promising though.

Bacon
02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I kinda liked the Initial D movie, although the ending left it too open. Watched the entire thing on YouTube at work one day.

After watching this trailer, it is a perfect ripoff of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series of games which I am going to go home and beat them.....again.

Black4DrEK
02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Initial D movie was OK.

Anyways.. I would watch this movie.. Im guessing its not released?

On another note.. Check out the GRIP videos. Volume 1-4 Badass!! There are TONS of scenes Racing threw the Wangan and other awesome footage.

Jonathan12uiz
02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I kinda liked the Initial D movie, although the ending left it too open. Watched the entire thing on YouTube at work one day.

After watching this trailer, it is a perfect ripoff of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series of games which I am going to go home and beat them.....again.

You do realize that the Tokyo extreme racer games were based off Wangan Midnight... It was the US targeted game.

Jonathan12uiz
02-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Initial D movie was OK.

On another note.. Check out the GRIP videos. Volume 1-4 Badass!! There are TONS of scenes Racing threw the Wangan and other awesome footage.

I actually found out that this movie released back in SEP09

Blaze_Cunnings
02-14-2011, 09:57 AM

Of course it was open ended, you know why? Cause a sequel is coming. Yes a horrible sequel. The only reason this movie profited is because Jay Chou (the actor who played Takumi) is such an icon in Asia, that girls will fall over to pay for a crappy movie. Guy should just stick to singing instead of making horrible movies *cough* Green Hornet *cough

Initial D movie was OK.

The movie was released last year. The good thing I respect about this movie is it was done in Japanese, unlike Initial D. You can go online and torrent it with subs. If you cant find it, let me know I have a copy.

Jonathan12uiz
02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I just finished the movie... I actually enjoyed it a lot more than InitialD... your right about Jay Chou... Ok singer... horrible actor.

Echonova
02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I watched the movie a while back... Good movie, not as good/bad as Initial D (depending on your view). Fucking kid wrecks everytime he races... Get a clue, it's not the Devil... You just can't drive chink.

Get over it.

Anyway, good movie, not great, I would definitely buy when it hits the $3 rack at Walmart. But that's about what it's worth.

Blaze_Cunnings
02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I watched the movie a while back... Good movie, not as good/bad as Initial D (depending on your view). Fucking kid wrecks everytime he races... Get a clue, it's not the Devil... You just can't drive chink.

Get over it.

Anyway, good movie, not great, I would definitely buy when it hits the $3 rack at Walmart. But that's about what it's worth.

Dude, read the manga or watch the Anime, and you'll get why it's the Devil Z. Nothing about being a chink has anything to do with his driving lol.

Echonova
02-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I know... Just thought I'd throw in some humor.

Blaze_Cunnings
02-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I know... Just thought I'd throw in some humor.

Yea I get that, and sorry for lashing out, just I get really offended when people easily stereotype and use chink as a word thats okay. No offense to you.