PDA

View Full Version : Misc Workout question

KMDX
11-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Okay I am trying the eating healthyworkout thing. I eat mostly protein, limited carbs...I workout everyday about 7-30pm at night...I do 30 min cardio either treadmill or bike, and 45 minutes strength training...Okay here is my problem. I eat 3-4 meals a day mostly protein, I go to bed about 10pm after working out. I wake up around 3am starving...Should I drink a protein shake or bar after working out to avoid waking up starving...

Thanks for your help!

AtifSajid
11-17-2005, 08:12 AM
I've always heard to eat something after you work out...anyone..

NEONRACER
11-17-2005, 08:44 AM
You should always drink a protein shake after working out, always always always!!! If oyu wake up starving just eat a few pieces of sliced ham or turkey. Always good for a quick hunger fix and it will add some protein to your diet.

KMDX
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I tried the protein bar last night...didn't work...I will try the meat tonight...Thanks!

Dinzdale40
12-09-2005, 02:57 PM
cottage cheese before you go to sleep.....it has protein in it that take 6-8 hours to digest

soxfan30
12-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I hate cottage cheese, but I know that's true. It's good for time released protein. A lot of guys will eat it an hr or so before their workout. Can't stress enough how you need to get some sort of protein in you after a workout though...shake, bar...whatever. Also, maybe you should try eating a few more times a day (I know it sounds crazy), but eating 5-6 times a day might work out better for you. The way I do it is I eat either oatmeal or some egg whites with turkey sausage for breakfast, a snack before the gym of a protein drink and a bar, and some creatine, then after the gym is usually lunch for me, so tuna or turkey sandwich on wheat, protein drink, yogurt, fruit...another bar maybe 1 1/2-2 hrs later, then dinner is chicken or steak and a protein drink. If I get hungry later, I eat another bar. It's pretty straight-forward. I usually don't get hungry in the middle of the night though. My body knows when to eat and when not to, based on how I do it daily.

rsxboost3r
01-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I hate cottage cheese, but I know that's true. It's good for time released protein. A lot of guys will eat it an hr or so before their workout. Can't stress enough how you need to get some sort of protein in you after a workout though...shake, bar...whatever. Also, maybe you should try eating a few more times a day (I know it sounds crazy), but eating 5-6 times a day might work out better for you. The way I do it is I eat either oatmeal or some egg whites with turkey sausage for breakfast, a snack before the gym of a protein drink and a bar, and some creatine, then after the gym is usually lunch for me, so tuna or turkey sandwich on wheat, protein drink, yogurt, fruit...another bar maybe 1 1/2-2 hrs later, then dinner is chicken or steak and a protein drink. If I get hungry later, I eat another bar. It's pretty straight-forward. I usually don't get hungry in the middle of the night though. My body knows when to eat and when not to, based on how I do it daily.

Holy sh*t man. That kudo driver looks like it hurts. :lmfao:

JustinSane110™
01-02-2006, 12:37 AM
After the workout is the absolute most crucial time to get some protein in. Morning and after workout are at the top of the list. Best thing to use post-workout is a shake, most of the time thats whats gonna carry the most protein and have enough amino acids etc to help absorb as much of the protein as possible. Try to shoot for at least 50-60g of protein post workout, because your body is gonna be starving for protein to aid muscle recovery.

soxfan30
01-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Never taken the Kudo Driver...but I'm sure it hurts if you don't land correctly lol.

rsxboost3r
01-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Is it better to take protein with milk or water?

kaotickaozpunk
01-08-2006, 12:53 AM
let me tell you guys something...my best bet if you dont want to get hungry at night you should take a caesin protein shake..due to its slow break down...it will last the night...its like taking a meal replacement...if i were you i would not eat turkey or anything solid at night...when you sleep your body does not digest the food properly...so take a shake...best bet...most protein and since its liquidfied its easy for the body to digest properly...hey and try to workout earlier....its always better to have at least 2 hours of just chilling before sleeping....take a caesin protein shake..thats my best bet..thats the only way i think you will prevent this waking up in the moring thing...or if it dont work for you..then if you keep waking up then remember dont eat anything solid make a protein shake ready and once you wake up just drink...you already know your going to wake up so just early prepair your self also...