PDA

View Full Version : emissions questions

jdm91teg
12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I have a 94 Acura Legend with a jdm swap and i need to get a emission test done. where can i go to get a emission test done for the year of my car and will a jdm motor pass emissions? I'm in Buford,GA any help will be appreciated.

namahs
12-23-2010, 04:40 PM
The jdm motor might pass if you have a cat.

jdm91teg
12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
The jdm motor might pass if you have a cat.

I have a cat

jdm91teg
12-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Any more advice would be appreciated.

Theycall_Metue
12-25-2010, 08:41 AM
most jdm motor will pass emission without a cat but they will check for a cat. i dont live in jimmy carter, but there are tons of place there along the side of the road that do emissions.

Bacon
12-25-2010, 07:08 PM
As long as it will pass the sniffer, you should be good regardless of where the motor came from.

blackshine007
12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
most jdm motor will pass emission without a cat but they will check for a cat. i dont live in jimmy carter, but there are tons of place there along the side of the road that do emissions.

I haven't seen too many cars without a converter on it that has passed emissions. I used to do emissions. If the engine isn't running too lean, I'm certain it might barely pass without it, but don't kid yourself if you plan on going without it. Besides, my JDM motor passes every year.

Theycall_Metue
12-25-2010, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen too many cars without a converter on it that has passed emissions. I used to do emissions. If the engine isn't running too lean, I'm certain it might barely pass without it, but don't kid yourself if you plan on going without it. Besides, my JDM motor passes every year.
it is word that most jdm motor will pass emission without a cat, i never said i was going without one nor did i say where i live require emission. i think you should read it again

blackshine007
12-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I know what you typed and it didn't involve anything with you having or not having a converter. I was referring to the OP as far as having or not having a converter. So maybe you should read "it" again.

Bacon
12-26-2010, 08:50 PM
it is word that most jdm motor will pass emission without a cat, i never said i was going without one nor did i say where i live require emission. i think you should read it again

Seeing as how japanese cars have very little smog equipment from the factory and unless you live in a county that doesn't require emissions, this comment is null and void. The motor will pass.....maybe but you still need a cat on the car to pass emissions unless you live in one of those fortunate counties.

jdm91teg
12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Seeing as how japanese cars have very little smog equipment from the factory and unless you live in a county that doesn't require emissions, this comment is null and void. The motor will pass.....maybe but you still need a cat on the car to pass emissions unless you live in one of those fortunate counties.

I have a cat going to go get a emissions done this week.

Bacon
12-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Hope it works out for ya.

jdm91teg
12-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Hope it works out for ya.

I hope so to.

jdm91teg
12-27-2010, 04:33 PM
I went to go get a emissions today and the guy told me that it is to cold to do emissions to my car WTF to cold...really

blackshine007
12-27-2010, 11:30 PM
^^ It's obvious that you don't ever go back to that guy being that he don't wanna make money. Take it to someone who actually wants your money and business. BTW, don't cut the car off if you have to wait.

jdm91teg
12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
^^ It's obvious that you don't ever go back to that guy being that he don't wanna make money. Take it to someone who actually wants your money and business. BTW, don't cut the car off if you have to wait.

thanks for that info man.

xero_xero
12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Rules for emissions

CEL - check your cel befor you go. if your car is obd1 there is less chance of an issue but the code can no be read by the code scanner, you must turn on the CEL flash sequence under the glove box. 96+ cars have to respond to the code reader (you can not have any emissions related codes or it will fail), this means no obd2 jdm ecus or obd1 ecus(jdm obd2 are obd1 ecus in an obd2 case) JDM motors are good, just have a cat and properly running. if you have a 95 or below motor in your 96+ car, it will more than likely fail.