PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods should i put a 2jz in a s2k

my92civic
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
well i want to boost my s2k thinkn bout a 2jz swap to get more power any suggestions

JITB
12-17-2010, 11:48 PM
do it!

gsrcivic
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
u can get just as much power from the F in the s2k...if u do it though let me get the F series from u along w/ the tranny

Axix23
12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
if u got money to waste.... LOL

IntegraXTR
12-19-2010, 11:39 AM
u can get just as much power from the F in the s2k...if u do it though let me get the F series from u along w/ the tranny

don't think so, there's a guy in alabama that did the 2jz in a s2k and that shit makes way more power. Although it may seem expensive to do, it's really not if you do all the labor yourself.

DeeAOne
12-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Go for it. Mod for mod 2jz will be much more beastly.

allout13
12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
if you can afford it, do eet!

even if the f was going to make more power, I'd say do it. 2jz is wayyyy more badass.

David88vert
12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Keep the S2K as is, and buy a Supra to go along with it. Have 2 cars.

Sinfix_15
12-19-2010, 05:19 PM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_a2677678fc4f0d80e87b53d591246d55.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/110/l_1781f56af5864ced8c375d229ee97a79.jpg

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/sstp_1004_2003_honda_s2000/index.html

Sinfix_15
12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/97/l_f7ea38a4025044a08e9200bd43bc9933.jpg
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/28189546+w750+st0/sstp_1004_05_o+2003_honda_s2000+engine.jpg

Tree
12-19-2010, 08:23 PM
fuck that, super charged LS1!!! v8 or die.

Axix23
12-20-2010, 01:40 PM
wtf would you downgrade to a sr20det??

just boost the f-series man.. There are stock blocks making 600whp-700whp on race gas..

Fast4DoorDC
12-20-2010, 04:16 PM
fuck that, super charged LS1!!! v8 or die.

What he said. Ls series motor boosted is where it's at

Sinfix_15
12-20-2010, 05:17 PM
wtf would you downgrade to a sr20det??

just boost the f-series man.. There are stock blocks making 600whp-700whp on race gas..

SR20 is proven to be more powerful. and its relatively the same size and weight as the stock engine, so youre not losing any driveability of the car. The only people who think an sr20 is a downgrade are those people who hate popularity. SR20s are common, so people hate. Truth is, its one of the best 4 cylinder power plants you can possibly have.

MeFryRice
12-20-2010, 06:32 PM
What's with all the stupid questions being posted lately? I highly doubt he has the cash flow to do the install properly and if he did, he wouldn't be posting such a vague post with little information. He would be doing the research to see what all is involved with doing it.

cm7k24
12-20-2010, 08:59 PM
What's with all the stupid questions being posted lately? I highly doubt he has the cash flow to do the install properly and if he did, he wouldn't be posting such a vague post with little information. He would be doing the research to see what all is involved with doing it.

^truth

civicturbo10
12-20-2010, 10:02 PM
def not a easy swap to get going...besides the cost. If you have the funds go for it. i've read Mainstream does one for 10 large out the door. They could prob do one for S2k around that price.

gsrcivic
12-21-2010, 08:03 AM
don't think so, there's a guy in alabama that did the 2jz in a s2k and that shit makes way more power. Although it may seem expensive to do, it's really not if you do all the labor yourself.

power aint everything bro u sound like a v8 junky....u can have a supra that has 1000whp but it weights 3417 lbs...well a ap1 weights 2864 lbs and a ap2 weights 2765 lbs....and 700-800 will do lots....i mean his car he can do what he wants but its more than just the swap...

Blitanicle99
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Boost the S2K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pw4uXi8eo

Gawd I love that car.

josh green
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Haha here is a video to settle the debate, F vs 2J.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIQ5umsn7w
Thats the fastest s2k so far, so far they are blowing away "RAW's" 2js2k car.

The SR in the s2k is a downgrade, stock F has been known to handle 700whp. You cant really argue with forged pistons factory, not to mention the motor flows way more than the SR will. Driveline is your weak link with the oem s2k stuff.

Sinfix_15
12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Haha here is a video to settle the debate, F vs 2J.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIQ5umsn7w
Thats the fastest s2k so far, so far they are blowing away "RAW's" 2js2k car.

The SR in the s2k is a downgrade, stock F has been known to handle 700whp. You cant really argue with forged pistons factory, not to mention the motor flows way more than the SR will. Driveline is your weak link with the oem s2k stuff.

700hp you say? i could never imagine an SR20 putting out that much power..........
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/106/282038335_9c7cc5026f_o.jpg

MeFryRice
12-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Hahah, that's not even a street car. It's amazing how Nissan owners bow down to the SR motor. Whooptie doo, ever POS S14 and S15 has that motor.

Sinfix_15
12-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Hahah, that's not even a street car. It's amazing how Nissan owners bow down to the SR motor. Whooptie doo, ever POS S14 and S15 has that motor.

yeah.... theres no reason to show respect for a 4 cylinder engine that regularly reaches the 500hp mark with a stock bottom. There's also a good portion of 6-700hp sr20s all over the US, and racecars breaking into the 1000+ range....

Nothing impressive about that. 4 cylinders everywhere are doing that.

I guess that car being a racecar somehow changes the fact that its using an sr20 as its powerplant.

Sinfix_15
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
1300 hp sr20.

http://www.mazworx.com/pics/mod4.jpg

loSiRcity
12-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Just convert it to fwd and swap a single cam in it...lol

josh green
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
700hp you say? i could never imagine an SR20 putting out that much power..........
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/106/282038335_9c7cc5026f_o.jpg

In your attempts to be clever, we were talking about stock engines. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Nguyen128
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Who gives a shit about the SR. It has nothing to do with anything the OP asked.

MeFryRice
12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
^^ I agree plus the OP hasn't even responded so I doubt he's even serious about doing the swap.

adodd3
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I like the 2JZ just as much as anybody..........but IMO, unless you just wanta screw up everything the S2K is, I'd leave it alone & boost the F series.

If he's wanting a race car then I guess the 2JZ would be fine.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the S2k is perfectly fine with its stock motor. It has a lot of power potential.

Sinfix_15
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
In your attempts to be clever, we were talking about stock engines. You are comparing apples to oranges.

who gives a fuck about stock engines? if you want a stock engine, theres absolutely no point in doing any kind of swap.

SLOWR/T
12-27-2010, 09:52 PM
LS1 /end thread. Better than every motor mentioned in this thread, more efficient, more power options, better gas mileage and more of a parts following.

josh green
12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
who gives a fuck about stock engines? if you want a stock engine, theres absolutely no point in doing any kind of swap.

I was speaking of what the stock engine was capable of, much more than what a stock SR is capable of. THEN you decided to post drag race setups implying that my claims of the STOCK F motor supports more power than the STOCK SR are incorrect, but you have failed to do so. My whole point was, why remove an engine with more power potential in factory form then another less technologically advanced engine that supports less power. Why go through the wiring/fabrication hassle for a lesser engine? I guess you could be mad tyte jdm for putting in the nissan engine, its just so taboo, rawr. "A couple of SR20's will pull a premium before race wars."

Sinfix_15
12-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I was speaking of what the stock engine was capable of, much more than what a stock SR is capable of. THEN you decided to post drag race setups implying that my claims of the STOCK F motor supports more power than the STOCK SR are incorrect, but you have failed to do so. My whole point was, why remove an engine with more power potential in factory form then another less technologically advanced engine that supports less power. Why go through the wiring/fabrication hassle for a lesser engine? I guess you could be mad tyte jdm for putting in the nissan engine, its just so taboo, rawr. "A couple of SR20's will pull a premium before race wars."

The SR20 makes more than enough power for pretty much anything. the point of posting drag engines was to show the lack of limitation to the engine, however unrealistic 1300hp in a street car is.... if you really wanted it... an sr20 could provide it. The reason of comparing the SR20 to the 2jz is that the sr20 isnt gonna destroy the drivability of the s2000. SR20 is relatively the same size as the s2k engine, and has the same driving characteristics that you would want for your s2k.

why would anyone doing an engine swap give a fuck about a stock engine? if the s2k engine isnt enough for you and youre considering a swap? why is a dumbass like you even mentioning stock engines. If you want a stock engine, keep the stock engine. If you want more power..... theres a ton of options... 2jz, rb, ls1.. ect ect.... if you want more power in an engine that is basically the same thing that came in your car with far greater aftermarket support and proven background, the sr20 fits the bill.

Sr20 is not a lesser engine, youre talking about stock engines because thats what fits your moronic argument. sr20 can be built above and beyond what the s2k is capable of. It's been done time and time again.

-S Double C-
12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
gahhhh kill em!!!!

josh green
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
The SR20 makes more than enough power for pretty much anything. the point of posting drag engines was to show the lack of limitation to the engine, however unrealistic 1300hp in a street car is.... if you really wanted it... an sr20 could provide it. The reason of comparing the SR20 to the 2jz is that the sr20 isnt gonna destroy the drivability of the s2000. SR20 is relatively the same size as the s2k engine, and has the same driving characteristics that you would want for your s2k.

why would anyone doing an engine swap give a fuck about a stock engine? if the s2k engine isnt enough for you and youre considering a swap? why is a dumbass like you even mentioning stock engines. If you want a stock engine, keep the stock engine. If you want more power..... theres a ton of options... 2jz, rb, ls1.. ect ect.... if you want more power in an engine that is basically the same thing that came in your car with far greater aftermarket support and proven background, the sr20 fits the bill.

Sr20 is not a lesser engine, youre talking about stock engines because thats what fits your moronic argument. sr20 can be built above and beyond what the s2k is capable of. It's been done time and time again.

What I don't understand is why you keep mentioning non stock engines? Most of the time an out of original manufacturer swap is done so that person DOESNT have to build an engine. The 2jz in stock form is more powerful and supports more power than the stock s2k engine in its stock form. In comparing the f20c/f22c engines in the s2k's to the SR, the Honda engine in superior in stock form than the SR. He also never mentions building either of the engines. Retaining the stock engine would also prevent any wiring or fabrication that goes along with an out of manufacturer swap, the same goes for the SR. I do not know the extent of his automotive knowledge, but someone asking a question of such most likely doesn't posses the tools or the know how in doing such a swap. I could very well be mistaken by his abilities, but its much easier to bolt on a turbo kit and take appropriate safety measures then to undergo destruction of a car.
Posting the drag setups was pointless, I never questioned what limitations the castings have only the limitations of the factory rotating assembly. No engine is "limitless," at some point its design will fail in some way or another.
I guess my "moronic" argument was just me sticking to the curriculum and you bringing the wrong books to class...

To the OP,
Stick with the stock engine, boost it and buy an Inline Pro rear end kit if you are serious about making power. If you have no intentions of going over the 350-400hp range then the stock rear end should hold up for a while. This is you cheapest route and will also net you the quickest turnaround on going fast and having fun. Not to mention much easier to sell if you want or had to get rid of it.

gahhhh kill em!!!!
Hardly a kill, killing is what MSSRACING has done at the track... :)

MeFryRice
12-29-2010, 03:46 PM
^^ x2.

Sinfix_15
12-29-2010, 03:53 PM
What I don't understand is why you keep mentioning non stock engines? Most of the time an out of original manufacturer swap is done so that person DOESNT have to build an engine. The 2jz in stock form is more powerful and supports more power than the stock s2k engine in its stock form. In comparing the f20c/f22c engines in the s2k's to the SR, the Honda engine in superior in stock form than the SR. He also never mentions building either of the engines. Retaining the stock engine would also prevent any wiring or fabrication that goes along with an out of manufacturer swap, the same goes for the SR. I do not know the extent of his automotive knowledge, but someone asking a question of such most likely doesn't posses the tools or the know how in doing such a swap. I could very well be mistaken by his abilities, but its much easier to bolt on a turbo kit and take appropriate safety measures then to undergo destruction of a car.
Posting the drag setups was pointless, I never questioned what limitations the castings have only the limitations of the factory rotating assembly. No engine is "limitless," at some point its design will fail in some way or another.
I guess my "moronic" argument was just me sticking to the curriculum and you bringing the wrong books to class...

To the OP,
Stick with the stock engine, boost it and buy an Inline Pro rear end kit if you are serious about making power. If you have no intentions of going over the 350-400hp range then the stock rear end should hold up for a while. This is you cheapest route and will also net you the quickest turnaround on going fast and having fun. Not to mention much easier to sell if you want or had to get rid of it.

Hardly a kill, killing is what MSSRACING has done at the track... :)

Why go thru all the trouble of swapping an engine just to add the HP difference from f20 to a 2jz? not to mention, greatly reducing how the car is going to perform in the twistys and losing the "fun factor" of the f20. also, it's not like 2jz/sr20s are factory fresh these days.... id rebuild either before putting them in my car. Unless you trust what the ebay adds tell you.

either way, i think we're wasting our efforts on this debate.

MeFryRice
12-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Considering the OP is probably a broke ass just fantasying about even owning an S2K. Hell, he hasn't even responded to his own thread. Lol.

claybird
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Idc 4 drag cars but that thang moves!!!!!!!

wanggsticky
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Considering the OP is probably a broke ass just fantasying about even owning an S2K. Hell, he hasn't even responded to his own thread. Lol.

yeah he probably is, look at his user name !

Nerdsrock22
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM

I'm thinking about swapping an Underground Racing tuned Lamborghini V12 into my RSX. Is this a good idea? LMK

MeFryRice
01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Definitely. Be sure to have it tuned for 87 grade fuel. 93 is over-rated. :goodjob: