PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods New turbo setup.... Need a little help.

mp5o
11-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Well.... Here is my setup so far...

-Charge piping for an ek. 2.5" from ic to tb and 2.5" from ic to turbo.
-Black Silicone Couplers
-Tial style BOV
-Turbonetics deltagate with a 7 psi spring
-Fastturbo oil feed
-5/8" rubber instagrip screw on return line
-NSRTech Stainless Schedule 10 log manifold flanged for t3
-NSRTech 3" Stainless downpipe with stainless closed loop dumptube, flexpipe, and o2 bung. 5 bolt flange
-Front Mount Bar and plate intercooler.

Notice anything missing?.... Yep, a turbo and fuel management.... My goals are 200whp/200wtq.... What size t3 would be neccasary to accomplish that w/minimal lag?

And fuel management... Thats a whole nother story... My plans were to go w/ e-manage and stay obd2b.... But from searching and hear say, I've heard that after converting to obd1 and using crome/uberdata/etc... In order to pass emissions, all you'd have to do is use the stock ecu, use stock injectors, and take off the wastegate.... That sound about right?

All I'm really looking for here is suggestions what size t3 and what fuel management + how to pass emissions.... Any help would be great. :bigok: Oh and a response from vteckidd and scttydb would be great(I plan on going to you guys for my ecu/tuning needs)... :goodjob:

Oh and heres a pic.... Everything except the turbo, injectors, and filter.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/34/koff1.jpg

Negrodamus
11-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Talk to shandy aka instun noodoh. he made 234 hp and 190 something tq on his d16 thats using uberdata "highest hp d16 in the area i think with stock internals". iono if taking off the wastegate and converting back to stock injectors will pass emissions. but i know running the vafc hack on your existing ecu "obd2" will pass you with some minor tricks.

HiPSI
11-17-2005, 10:38 AM
wow, lucky you didn't get that POS XS power turbo.

honestly, any small trim T3 will get you where you want to be.

mp5o
11-17-2005, 08:32 PM
So... I did a little research on the sizing of turbos.... And I figured a t3 .42/.48 ar should fit my application very nicely..... And they're fairly inexpensive also. :goodjob:

As to fuel management... I still need a little push in the right direction. :(

D16Civic
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
So... I did a little research on the sizing of turbos.... And I figured a t3 .42/.48 ar should fit my application very nicely..... And they're fairly inexpensive also. :goodjob:

That is a good size turbo for d series motors, i actually have one at my house that im goin to be putting on mine as well. Should get you ur goal and still should be able to hit full spool in the lower 3000 rpms. (i think and definitly hope since thats about my goal as well)

As far as fuel management, i would definitly just go w/ the obd1 conversion and use uberdata. It will be tougher to hit ur goals w/ the afc hack or fmu or anything else besides Hondata which will cost way too much. Uberdata is ur best bet, and you already know who can do the tuning so thats all good.

And yes, for emissions all you have to do is swap ur ecu and injectors back in and keep ur wastegate open. Then just drive around for about 60-80 miles i believe so it can register the other ecu and u can pass the readyness test at the emissions place.

scttydb411
11-18-2005, 12:34 AM
42/48 or 48/60 t3, 450cc inj, and socketed/chipped ecu and you're good.

your goal should be attainable i've been running 203whp/199wtq for almost a year on a non-vtec d-series.

as for emissions, stock inj, stock ecu, wg open...this is what has worked for me each time emissions time comes around.

let me know if you need an ecu or tuning.

mp5o
11-18-2005, 12:52 AM
42/48 or 48/60 t3, 450cc inj, and socketed/chipped ecu and you're good.

your goal should be attainable i've been running 203whp/199wtq for almost a year on a non-vtec d-series.

as for emissions, stock inj, stock ecu, wg open...this is what has worked for me each time emissions time comes around.

let me know if you need an ecu or tuning.

Sure thing! I will definatly PM you when the time comes :) I didnt know you tune also :goodjob: Now I know. Thanks for the help everyone.

1/4Mile
12-17-2005, 09:03 PM

Pm if you still need a turbo I sell all garrett rebuilt units with 90day warranties.