PDA

View Full Version : Looking for books/information on personal finances

efman
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm 20 years old and am about to start my career within in the next year, I am also most likely going to be getting married and looking for a house both within the next five years. I was hoping to find some books or programs to help me set up my personal finances. I want a very controled and set budget and any reading that would help me go about this would be very helpful. thanks guys! :goodjob:

ahabion
02-27-2011, 11:26 PM
"Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey

Don't know which side of the political or religious side of the fence you swing in but he's a Conservative Republican and Christian and talks about his faith a lot in his stuff. Being that I share the same, I don't mind but if you DON'T, then just bypass all that stuff. He definitely knows money and I like his strategy and financial genius. Not everyone agrees of course, but that's where you get to decide what's best for you and your family. Get it right early on, especially while you're still young and starting out. Believe me, I thought I had it all together too in my early 20's, but looking back, I wish I knew what I know now and regret making those financial mistakes... and we're still paying for it now.

Bigt8aford
03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Look up stuff on Clark Howard. He's a money saving genius. Also the text in my consumer economics class is really great, "Focus on personal finance" ISB # 9780073382425. I recently joined a credit union myself, from my experience they are the best for loans, debit and credit accounts. But good luck to ya.